Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 4: Oulton Park Fosters Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 4: Oulton Park Fosters Race Chat  (Read 14150 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Round 4: Oulton Park Fosters Race Chat
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:30:47 PM »
We are doing the FOSTERS layout (no chicane).

3 x 10 laps

Weather Forecast

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:37:32 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Round 4: Oulton Park Fosters Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:40:23 PM »
Unballasted set, 1m01.1s:

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 09:24:59 AM »
Server is up with ballast for practice. It's looking like it might be a damp track on Tuesday.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 09:31:18 AM »
Thanks Wally.  Did a few laps yesterday using last week's setup and getting low 1:03s so still some practice to do.
Once again a more realistic feeling track to the other mods, lumpy and odds cambers make it interesting.

tapatalk on an °[●●]°

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 12:07:52 AM »
Hi Guys, I will be there tomorrow night to test things as my internet has been throttled back due to reaching the limit.  Will have to see if it lags or not.  Hopefully not...

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 05:22:52 PM »
Guess I should get out of the AC paintbooth and do some praccy. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 08:17:33 PM »
Note that the TS server has changed. For now, you can connect to ts.nru-squad.net. In the long run, ts.xgn.com.au will work again. You can read more about it here:
www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=229.msg2072

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 10:57:21 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Stats
Season Standings

Penalties:
Race 2, Lap 1: Ninja(-2) for rear hit on Dion(+2), Ron(+2)
Race 2, Lap 10: Tim(-2) for rear hit on Wally(+2)
Race 3, Lap 1: Wally(-2) for rear hit on David G(+2)

Round points:
David Gibson   51.5
Wally Masterson   48
Tim Herbertson   42
Bruce Rook   41
Dave O'Shea   39.5
Glenn Frost   35
Jamie Passlow   32
Robin Jeffery   31.5
Dion Ware   31
obeone ninja   19

Congratulations to David G for the round win and David G, Bruce and Dave O for the race wins.
This round was David G's and Bruce's best round, and it was Glenn's worst.

Season 14 Championship Standings
1. David G, 142.5
2. Wally, 135.5
3. Tim, 125.5 (up from 4th)

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 12:30:08 AM »
Apologies for my no-show tonight, I was having major internet problems, and as it turns out, completely caused by me  :-[

I put a cheap ebay F-connector on the cable from wall to the router so that it is routed a lot cleaner, and as it turns out one of them fell apart inside.
That'll Teach me. Spent the whole night blaming Optus, got EGG on my face big-time now.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 08:19:49 AM »
Bad luck,  Imp!

The racing was pretty wild on this track, nice and close, but damn hard to pass anywhere. I spent a lot of the three races on someone's bumper, hoping for a mistake really. That's about all you could do. I was passed by David G with an inside move on the last turn, and I passed him at T1 only to run wide and give the place straight back. They were about the only passing places, unless someone ran a bit wide at the hairpin.

Sorry for the hit at the hairpin David G. I just didn't allow enough braking distance. It was one of those Oh Shoot braking moments where you hope you're going to pull up in time. I was pretty disappointed to have hit you.

Overall, there were very, very few contacts in this round. It was very clean from that point of view.

I  think it was race 1, Tim,  where I hope I wasn't too rude at T1.I was trying to keep it in tight on the inside and allow racing room, but I ended up drifting wide on exit, in front of you,  I think.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 09:18:57 AM »
Certainly frustrating Imp, you purchase things and understandably expect it to be working :(

Great night for me, i had been practicing using the setup from the forum and was often in the 1:03s but in prac last night I just randomly grabbed a setup, reverted the gearing to the other setup and found a 1:02... named the setup "Nice", so that's it for the rest of the season.  ;D

Race 1 saw me driving too hard when a slipped off the leaders, but race 2 with clean air, Tim (and I, I hope), being very gentlemanly at turn 2 saw me put my head down and drive my race coming home for a win, kowabunga! (Not going to mention the lack of ballast  :-X).
Race 3 went exceptionally quickly, it is a bit of fuzzy now, but overall a great nights racing.

Thanks all, see you next week  :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 10:02:01 AM »
I had modest pace for this round and qualified around 8th or something.
But things went bad when on the first lap coming over the rise before the double right hander I touched the brakes and the thing veered left and speared me into the fence and sand.  From there it was pits and stay out of the way.
This meant starting from the back in R2, which whilst I was picking up the pace, passing was very hard..
R3 three was a slight improvement in position but again I chased Dave Oshea hard and was able to stick the nose alongside a few times but never enough to get past.  I applied maximum pressure but Dave held strong.
As Wally mentioned, we were very close at times but no touches so it was good.
Note: Suprised my 256kb shaped internet speed held up so well . . not what I expected.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 07:37:12 PM »
Another great nights racing, this car and track combination, along with the ballast system seems to be working really well.
Some really close racing.  Couldn't see the lights for R1 and totally muffed the start.. luckily no one hit me  ::) 6th was better than
I thought I'd manage. R2 had some great battles for a better result.  R3 got a magic start, but became a real white knuckle ride
trying to keep Glen behind me. Made a few little mistakes in a few places, and full credit to Glen we managed to avoid contact and
taking each other out.  :)
                                          Thanks all another great night. Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 08:00:03 PM »
Race 1 was good, the only type of race where I don't want a close battle, leading.
(I'm sure Bruce would agree ;))
Race 2 was a very intense battle with Wally and Tim the whole race, just breaching the limit on the last lap. :(
(I got a get-out-of-jail-free card there, my tyres were baked!)
Race 3 started unfortunately, it was only the slightest of taps Wally but it was when I was right on the limit, so bad timing more than anything.
I ended up having a race long battle with Jamie, managed to get up the inside a few times but never seemed to have the punch to get on to the next straight.
(All this only made possible by some mistakes from Jamie, he was ultimately quicker than me :-[)

I'm kind of surprised it was my best round, this car handles nothing like an MP4-12c GT3.........
 :P

2+2=√16

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 09:55:53 PM »
I had a shocker of a night with an abundance of silly mistakes. I haven't done any laps at Oulton Park since Toca Touring Cars 3 so that didn't bode well and I think it shoed in my complete lack of consistency. Having a practice day of over 100 laps in the kart didn't help either. It seems to have hurt my sim racing since the feedback is just not the same.

I started race 1 in the middle of the pack with my steering 1 turn to the right. Doh!!!!!!! Got moving and was getting into a rhythm and managed to flip the car on it's side over the ripple strip. Came home last of the runners, I think.

Keen not to repeat the mistake from race 1 I lined up for the start and ended up my steering being 1 turn to the left. <<Insert facepalm here>>> moved my way up the field and ended up 4th thanks to the mistakes of 3 cars in front on the final lap.

Race 3 saw me start from pole and not much of an advantage when you cannot see the start lights :(.  I made a bad start and plenty of silly little mistakes but managed to hold up Dave for the race thanks to my lack of ballast. Ended up having a ball and enjoyed the battle of race 3 immensly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal