Xtreme Gaming Network

S36R6 - Donington Park

Author Topic: S36R6 - Donington Park  (Read 6678 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S36R6 - Donington Park
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 06:50:26 PM »
Pleasantly surprised how well the hard tyres worked, the handling felt a lot more neutral than on softs. If only I could stay on track for the first few laps  :'(

Strangely driving through the field it appeared that the BMW struggled more with tyre wear than the rust-buckets.

Offline Alphonso_Timmins

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 08:36:49 PM »
Donnington was a great track to drive around and cut some solo laps, but it's a tricky track to pass on.

Qualifying: Finished dinner during qualy with 8 minutes left on the clock, so quickly jumped on to set a time. Low 37s were on my delta but I made silly mistakes and unfortunately had Killa pip me by a few hundredths.

R1: Followed Bueller and Killa for a while as they diced up the front. Bueller made a mistake which let me past, and I managed to put a move on Killa with some period DTM-esque rubbing in there too (all well-natured I believe Killa!). Bueller then welded himself to my rear bumper for the next 10 or so laps and my tyres were just completely off. Braking here is really odd and the E30 suffered from diff locking fairly often, so I cracked under pressure, Bueller slipped past and drove off into the sunset.

R2: I was 3rd going into the right hander at the bottom of the hill on lap 1, and tried to get past Bueller as he made a mistake which slowed him right down. This was a big mistake on my part. I dropped down to 9th, and managed to move my way through the field but with plenty of mistakes. Joe sent himself to another dimension when he realised his braking point was off, and then Wally and I had a good scrap for a lap. I managed to get past him on the last turn of the last lap, and pipped him by 8 thousandths at the finish line. Good racing!

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2021, 09:56:29 PM »
... (all well-natured I believe Killa!)...
Yes, that's all good. I thought later I should have made it a bit harder for you going a bit more defense line. Well, on top of that I screwed it up at T1 letting Bueller through as well. Some serious lack of talent I guess ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal