Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R8: Okayama International Circuit

Author Topic: S28R8: Okayama International Circuit  (Read 16659 times)

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
Re: S28R8: Okayama International Circuit
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2019, 11:37:35 AM »
Thank you Wally for running the season and gratz to GB on the win.

I came into this round with high hopes as it is the only track so far that i have known so was expecting good midfield racing, not to be however. i'm guessing after a 13 yr break from sim racing it going to take time to get back up to speed and consistency . After about 20 laps practice i was into the 36's then in the next 200+ laps of practice i broke into the 35's only a hand full of times. Feel like the old fast bowler that can only come in off a few steps and roll the arm over.

First race hit a wall stuffed up my steering so pitted , then decided to fix up my graphics settings to stop stuttering ready for race two.

Race two got a good start then spun in a stupid spot , tries to chase down Dave O but as soon as i got close i would spin off again.

Race three a stop and go for a jump start, was the highlight.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2019, 11:52:52 AM »
I know how you feel Jarmel, I couldn't find any pace at all here and I really like the track  ::) Was a shame you kept spinning
was enjoying having someone to race with. See what next season brings  ;D Cheers Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2019, 01:08:55 PM »
I know how you feel Jarmel, I couldn't find any pace at all here and I really like the track  ::) Was a shame you kept spinning
was enjoying having someone to race with. See what next season brings  ;D Cheers Dave O.

We can only hope next season's car is a bit easier to drive!  Thought I had the car sorted for this race but it handled like a dog during the race. At least Russ kept me company, his setup looked as bad as mine.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2019, 01:32:37 PM »
Yeah  Mael, hoping for something a little more forgiving its been fun tho in between the frustration , The Gpl cars around Deutschlandring were awesome fun and a reminder of just how great GPL was play .  I've actually loaded that track up a few times with the Mclaren just for the joy factor

Dave O yeah was a fun trying to catch you . Was that you i tried to out brake at the hair pin but i had to end up flooring it to get out of the way ?

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2019, 02:00:10 PM »
Yeah twas me.. I wondered what happened  ;D
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2019, 02:16:28 PM »
was either let you hit me or power on through ,  i thought i could out brake you there but nope , at least i didnt take you out with me

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2019, 04:02:51 PM »
Bit annoying that my pedals stopped working properly on the last lap otherwise I would of got second in the championship, They had  some response but like maybe 25% input, so I just pulled over :(

anyway I discovered that the dog I presume had at some point chewed through the usb cable, so I was probably lucky to get as far as I did
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2019, 05:24:42 PM »
Bit annoying that my pedals stopped working properly on the last lap otherwise I would of got second in the championship

Not for me, I got on the podium and didn't even notice until you said about it  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2019, 08:48:29 PM »
Race 1 I got away OK - had to cover off Phil as I know his car has some grunt so I worked my way over the the inside.  Got through corner 1 and 2 OK but was off with the fairies in the fast left right which let KCender through.  Followed KCender for the rest of the race which was very enjoyable trying to pass.

Race 2 was basically the same as Race 1 with me following KCender around, but had a few better tussels I think where it got pretty close at times.  Great racing.

Race 3 I managed to get past KCender out of T1 and around T2.  Then worked on building a gap and maintaining it which seemed to do the trick.  I think the Ferrari had the advantage around this track.

Thanks for the season Wally.  I think I've had some of the most enjoyable races on a Tuesday night in memory.  Old Monza swapping places with Phil the whole race was a particular highlight, followed by the first two races on this track.  Just driving the first 2/3s of the Deutschlandring or whatever it's called was also a highlight.  That track was awesome in these cars.

Glad to have managed to finish the points table at the sharp end, but KCender had the pace this season and I was pretty lucky he had a couple of rounds off.  Great racing though, despite me getting back in the grove and tapping a few more people than I'd like, so good to be back.  Looking forward to the next one.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 08:50:34 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2019, 09:42:27 PM »
Yes old Monza was cool
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal