Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 5: Nurburgring race chat

Author Topic: Round 5: Nurburgring race chat  (Read 53319 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Round 5: Nurburgring race chat
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2014, 03:06:31 PM »
I saw your two cars fly in the corner of my screen. You can see my car in the picture. I had a car warp severely in front of me at the end of the straight. It disappeared and reappeared so I slowed down cause I didn't t really know where it was. I think it was Cramjet so I will add it to my protest against CRAMDICK RACING :D :D

If it was CramDick Racing I'm disappointed. Our plan was to wipe 70% of the field out.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2014, 03:51:04 PM »
Race 2 I have just missed the start the last 2 rounds in my replay but thats because I hung around in the pits a bit after the race before exiting.

To trim a replay file is very easy, you just view the replay file in game and then drag the start and end points to the bits you want to trim. Then press save and name this new trimed file and you have a short snip of whatever you want to show. Then if you compress the fike with winrar or similar you can compress it again nearly 5 times. The race replays I saved for a full 500MB file in a rar are about 100MB. If you trim to just 30 seconds then these files would only be a few MB in size.

It would also be best to see both peoples replay of an incident as lag may cause it to look quite different from both peoples cars. Points penalties or even grid penalties for next race may help especialy with t1 incidents if its clear someone is at fault.

For comparison here is how the pros start a race, Grosjean did get a race ban for this one though.
[youtube]XUwJUxkpCV4[/youtube]

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2014, 03:58:27 PM »
Race 2 I have just missed the start the last 2 rounds in my replay but thats because I hung around in the pits a bit after the race before exiting.

To trim a replay file is very easy, you just view the replay file in game and then drag the start and end points to the bits you want to trim. Then press save and name this new trimed file and you have a short snip of whatever you want to show. Then if you compress the fike with winrar or similar you can compress it again nearly 5 times. The race replays I saved for a full 500MB file in a rar are about 100MB. If you trim to just 30 seconds then these files would only be a few MB in size.

It would also be best to see both peoples replay of an incident as lag may cause it to look quite different from both peoples cars. Points penalties or even grid penalties for next race may help especialy with t1 incidents if its clear someone is at fault.

For comparison here is how the pros start a race, Grosjean did get a race ban for this one though.
[youtube]XUwJUxkpCV4[/youtube]

Looks like your pubic server Marty. Just needed 'Guybrush's' name floating over the top of Grosjean's car..

I can't wait to see this kinda damage in AC.
That will also, i imagine, cause people to go a bit slower.

I have no doubt it will be warping that caused last night's accident.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2014, 04:06:17 PM »
Ah, good to know - I didn't know about the replay trimming in-game.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2014, 05:10:24 PM »

I have no doubt it will be warping that caused last night's accident.

Yep I noticed Freezer warping infront of me very severely during second qual. Also noticed cramjet warping a little while I followed in race1.

Not having turned a single lap at Nurburgring GP I am pretty happy with my qual and race results. Unfortunately had a little incident with Bird that lost us both a few spots... sorry mate. Race 2 was a crapshoot on the hards, went higher df to combat sliding etc and this probbaly meant I went a bit harder into the corners and wore my tyres down to 95% by lap 8 or so, then they magically dropped to 90% within half a lap of that and it was over for me so just cruised around.

Bring on the tin tops!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2014, 05:10:51 PM »
I think having realistic damage in a game doesnt deter crashes but encourages them, I have beam ng and have not done a single lap anywhere but crashed into everything I could imagine and thrown it off many cliffs. Mostly due to driving physics being rubbish and crash physics pretty amazing.

If you get cool looking damage people will join a public server trying to make the coolest crash from the back of the pack. No point starting in pole if you want to wreck the entire field.  :D

For league racing though people just need to avoid hitting the car ahead into t1 and that may mean entering slower then you would in a hotlap. If you can gain a position or 2 but if you take yourself and others out of the race your not going to have a good result.

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2014, 09:31:31 PM »
Wasn't me with the bad connection for once! Made my race better too :D

Only made one mistake to finish 10th in the first race.

2nd race started in 9th and made my way to 7th.. then over taken to become 8th. Suddenly my tires gave up and i fell back to 12th :(. the 6X tire wear may have been one too many lol.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2014, 10:04:52 PM »
I thought the 6x wear worked well. The 5x was barely noticeable, and the car was still quite drivable at 90, just a bit more slippery in the last couple of laps.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2014, 10:05:59 AM »
I thought the 6x wear worked well. The 5x was barely noticeable, and the car was still quite drivable at 90, just a bit more slippery in the last couple of laps.
yeah, but the funny wear-curve of the tyre made things a bit even, for most of the race.   If it was more linear it'd have been even more interesting :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2014, 10:25:37 AM »
It's probably fairly realistic though, from what I gather. The real life hards last for ages (several races on one set, in fact), then go off rapidly.

Rolz

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2014, 12:35:59 PM »
Mixed bag racing Tuesday night... absolute shocker the first round... and then stayed out of trouble the second round and did ok...

I haven't been putting in the practice the last few weeks, like I should have been, and it's been showing...

Bloody real life getting in the way of my gaming...

Hope this gives you all a laugh like it did for me... thank goodness we can't do this in our sim  :P

[youtube]YBsYzSXxkB4[/youtube]

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2014, 03:06:56 PM »
I think many people wouldnt even notice if they lost a mirror.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal