3 (18.8%)
Drive each car once
2 (12.5%)
Drive any car each round
1 (6.3%)
Choose one car and stick with it
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Season 34 poll - ATCC  (Read 19087 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Season 34 poll - ATCC
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2020, 10:43:51 PM »
Cool, didn't think to check the version no.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2020, 10:05:05 AM »
I'm glad there is an update, i really hope they've fixed those two Skylines.......I can't ever recall (seeing them race in the day) them sounding like a Dyson vaccum and they never had pop-off valves which popped like a modern day drift car.....I must admit I was amazed how fast the DR30 was with no front and rear windscreen  ::)

The more I drive these cars the more I start to think they are more someone's modern interpretation of what they'd be like with modern upgrades than a proper 'historic' mod....which got me thinking. Wally, but have you considered running both Group C&A together like we see in modern historic racing as I found around there isn't a lot of time difference between both around Mugello
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 10:07:26 AM by bradc »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2020, 10:11:21 AM »
I'm glad there is an update, i really hope they've fixed those two Skylines.......I can't ever recall (seeing them race in the day) them sounding like a Dyson vaccum and they never had pop-off valves which popped like a modern day drift car.....I must admit I was amazed how fast the DR30 was with no front and rear windscreen  ::)

The more I drive these cars the more I start to think they are more someone's modern interpretation of what they'd be like with modern upgrades than a proper 'historic' mod....which got me thinking. Wally, but have you considered running both Group C&A together like we see in modern historic racing as I found around there isn't a lot of time difference between both around Mugello
I hadn't considered that the lap times might be comparable in both groups. As there's already a lot of cars in the list, I might do a separate Group C fun run and then we can compare times. I'm not too hung up on historical accuracy with this mod - I just reckon it will give fun racing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2020, 11:53:44 AM »
Done a few laps in some, they're fairly close aside from the ovlov, at least the one's I've tested. The differences could play out other ways depending on track too. I think it'll look cool with a bunch of these on track, also whether accurate or not I think they sound pretty good, I like the extra sound effects on those turbo cars and can't decide to use v8 or turbo. I'm getting some sort of strange visual reverb/vibration effect in the R31, no others have it, it's almost like some sort of thing they'd do in a fast n furious movie lol

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2020, 07:54:17 PM »
I cant see the server in the sever list,  but I can see its running on Amazon
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2020, 08:20:35 PM »
nervermind, I see there was an update
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2020, 06:40:51 PM »
Finally had a chace to try a few cars yesterday and they all felt like they had rear brake dragging all the time. Made it very hard to get out of the pitsd let alone trying to get it round corners. Anyone else have an issue like this?

I swapped to another mod and no issue at all. (except the realisation I was only getting 94% throttle half the time from my pedals)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2020, 11:08:22 PM »
Finally had a chace to try a few cars yesterday and they all felt like they had rear brake dragging all the time. Made it very hard to get out of the pitsd let alone trying to get it round corners. Anyone else have an issue like this?

I swapped to another mod and no issue at all. (except the realisation I was only getting 94% throttle half the time from my pedals)
No, I didn't find that. The brakes are quite sensitive, so I reduced the brake pressure in all cars I tried.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2020, 12:02:46 AM »

All good for me also...

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2020, 02:57:28 PM »
Seemed pretty wierd to me. I changed my wheel back to the G27 while I clean and service the fanatec stuff and it was all good today. I am however having framerate issues. Lapping on my own I'm getting 90fps but with a full grid of AI cars, I'm getting drops to 15fps at points around the track. Not really playable at that rate.

My hardware isn't the latest and greatest but an 8-core AMD and RX580 OC shold play better than that, even in VR. Without VR, still getting some issues but will most likely have to turn off the VR for this series. It feels really odd without the VR now.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2020, 03:23:35 PM »
Seemed pretty wierd to me. I changed my wheel back to the G27 while I clean and service the fanatec stuff and it was all good today. I am however having framerate issues. Lapping on my own I'm getting 90fps but with a full grid of AI cars, I'm getting drops to 15fps at points around the track. Not really playable at that rate.

My hardware isn't the latest and greatest but an 8-core AMD and RX580 OC shold play better than that, even in VR. Without VR, still getting some issues but will most likely have to turn off the VR for this series. It feels really odd without the VR now.

Ye JamieP is strange,i have tried myself racing in single with 22 AL  and its all good here. What is not good is that is giving me a "checsum:you been kicked out the race" error only when i select on the server the TOYOTA supra celica,JAGUAR, and NISSAN DR30    anyone????   thx guys

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2020, 03:42:44 PM »
Ye JamieP is strange,i have tried myself racing in single with 22 AL  and its all good here. What is not good is that is giving me a "checsum:you been kicked out the race" error only when i select on the server the TOYOTA supra celica,JAGUAR, and NISSAN DR30    anyone????   thx guys

Are you runnign the 1.4 version for the group A cars.All the cars you have mentioned are the group A so maybe the update didn't install properly

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2020, 03:57:51 PM »

Are you runnign the 1.4 version for the group A cars.All the cars you have mentioned are the group A so maybe the update didn't install properly

Yea JamieP!!!   Good on ya!!!! Don`t know where i got the 1.3 version but ye mate.......

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2020, 03:18:36 PM »
We have to use the Group C cars.
I'm a bit smitten with the A9X and I'd like to get to know her a bit better. :-*

2+2=√16

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2020, 04:05:44 PM »
At the moment it is my opinion that the more likeable car is the volvo,,,,,,,what do you think?

Ok   i will pick the BMW!!!!!     i am so happy :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 04:27:54 PM by Simone »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal