Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R5: Monza Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R5: Monza Post-Race Chat  (Read 17202 times)

Rolz

Re: S10R5: Monza Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 10:35:02 AM »
Perhaps the rolling start could only be up to the first chicane i.e. when you're safely through the chicane, you can go.

+1

IMHO this would be the only way to safely avoid Monza T1 carnage

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 10:41:03 AM »
Well I managed a pb in qualifying to start from 7th which I was happy with.
R1: I practiced a few starts and it all seemed good but then in the race it completely bogged down and I dropped a couple of spots after quickly dumping the clutch again.  As for the T1 incident, I didn't help things as after a small tap of the lambo in front (which didn't cause any spins etc) I then pulled neutral and stopped mid chicane.  Wally stopped behind but was then hit shunting all of around a bit.
After than I got going and had Bacchulum chasing hard until the pits.  We went in together and came out that way.  It was only toward the final laps with GB coming through on him that we were separated.
R2:  Another average start saw GB and Mael slip by but I managed to get a better run out of Lesmo2 and get passed Mael.  A lap later Lesmo2 again helped and I got by Matthew but stupidly missed my brake marker later at T1 to let him buy as I re entered the track.  The rest of the race was spent with Mael pushing behind.  He pitted earlier, so I pushed to avoid an undercut and it worked out as I managed to hold position.  Must have been getting used to it as I set my fastest lap on the last of a pretty enjoyable night.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 11:43:20 AM »
Wally the cam I used for those is the f7 cam, will need to check how to enable it in the ini file but you can use any cam to setup the shot. For these I used f5 above a car moved to this positon then used f7 to lock it in that spot. I think its called enable moveable camera or fixed camera. I dont know why they hide both the f5 and f7 cameras by default.

Its probably a good overview of the incident but then youd need to look at ground level. From up high it doesnt look like much contact with GB and Grat. GB then went a tighter line but he was pretty much clear and got spun by Phil I thought from the high shot. Not really looking at the closer view it may have been more the initial tap pushing GB this way but thats Wally's call anyway.

In the contacts report it seems that all those here had a collision, seeing Freezer said he got into neutral this explains the big stop on the inside lane that caused that funny pinball reaction behind him.

Rolling starts overall I wouldnt mind but as can be seen here its only 1 minor contact in both starts that caused the pile up. If all were clear through the first chicane then youd likely just have the same issues with everyone bunched up into the 2nd chicane. In the end its just people need to only make moves if they can and when side by side ensure to leave room for the other cars, this shouldnt be a thing for t1 only and something you should do every lap of the race.

I think getting a harsh penalty for causing a collision into t1 t2 should be enough but simply the car damage is more then enough to make me be as cautious as possible at all times. In a couple practice races with Guybrush, 1 we ran very close and clean but the next we had quite a bit of rubbing and my car was horrible after that. I definatly wanted to avoid that as I saw both Guy and Paul had some very good pace and any damage would make it very hard to compete with them.

In turn 1 if I can make a place safely I will have a go if not then just que up behind the car ahead of me in that lane. Pretty much as you would in a rolling start, its also very possible to go 2 wide through the first chicane as long as both leave room and nobody makes a mistake.

This is a danger at every race start and next round at Nurburgring t1 is just as prone to incidents. Id much rather be allowed to race rather then start under safety car conditions. And if you delay the start in formation past t1 then you will simply move that issue to the next green flag corner I think.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2016, 01:36:05 PM »
Jeremy was a bit careless with track re-entry. He had just been bashed around a bit

Interesting way of putting it...

I had to wait for the whole field to rejoin safely---am I the only one applying the redress and safe rejoin rules (see also Ascari L1, R2)?
Many seem to make no attempt to stay off the track after spins / crashes. R1 at Ascari, I think, where Guybrush was taken out the car that had taken him out then cut across the track in front of the following field and proceeded to wipe a few other cars out.

There needs to be some sort of rule to stay off the track until the field passes after you crash.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 01:50:05 PM »
Jeremy was a bit careless with track re-entry. He had just been bashed around a bit

I had to wait for the whole field to rejoin safely---am I the only one applying the redress and safe rejoin rules (see also Ascari L1, R2)?
Many seem to make no attempt to stay off the track after spins / crashes. R1 at Ascari, I think, where Guybrush was taken out the car that had taken him out then cut across the track in front of the following field and proceeded to wipe a few other cars out.

There needs to be some sort of rule to stay off the track until the field passes after you crash.

Yes, that's the expectation. Your track re-entry has to be safe. You can't just barge back onto the track. Watch the track map and be aware of who's coming up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 02:37:25 PM »
As usual i had fun,it has been entertainig going on the server to practice and try few things with your racing mates.... ;D
Race was great!!!  I had a ball.I started with the soft qual and then aftert 5 laps i stopped for medium,,,,,,it was fun,intense.....unpredictable,and yes.....Wally spent the whole race behind me  ??? ??? ??? ???  HAHAAHAHA....and now also bafs loves staying behind me...i love  MMUUAHAHAHA

I sat down for race 2 while chewing a suhi and probably was not good,i had a good start but unfortunately in the first S  i tap someone(ROLZ?
 making him spinning around,,,,VERY   VERY  VERY  sorry fuck...i mean i thought i was careful  and in control...sorry mate.Sometime i am thinking how a simple tap can send the car 360??  Maybe you were accellerating  at the same time...mah.....
The lap after i went long in the same place and i understood it was time to press the ESC button.

I can see everybody is very upset by the carnages,and already trying to solve the problem by  changing rules.i instead think that.FIRST, we should not take ourself too serious,SECOND ...cmon...this is a nice aussie  ASSETTO CORSA  group and its doing fine...great racing!!!!!Changing rules wont make things better

Forza JUVE!!!!!!!!!    :-X

Rolz

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2016, 03:01:01 PM »
I sat down for race 2 while chewing a suhi and probably was not good,i had a good start but unfortunately in the first S  i tap someone(ROLZ?
 making him spinning around,,,,VERY   VERY  VERY  sorry fuck...i mean i thought i was careful  and in control...sorry mate.Sometime i am thinking how a simple tap can send the car 360??  Maybe you were accellerating  at the same time...mah.....

Hahaha hope it was good sushi  ;D

All good mate, we all get pissed and emotional at the time (you've been there ;)), but by morning we're all ok again...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2016, 03:16:41 PM »

Youd hope common sense is enough and some respect for others racing. Its really not easy to monitor all incidents and nobody really wants to have to analyse every car post race then hand out penalties.

This should be some fun racing but basic respect for others should come into account at all times. Accidents will always happen but just try to avoid the really silly careless ones that could easily be avoided.

On track rejoins people that do it badly maybe need to be mentioned and we can post a replay and possible penalties given as some still dont get the idea of what is safe and what isnt.

Race was great!!!  I had a ball.I started with the soft qual and then aftert 5 laps i stopped for medium,,,,,,

You do realize the softs are slower then mediums on lap 1 and from the end of lap 2 with 2x wear at any track. Your just costing yourself time running these and over 5 laps you would probably lose 5 or more seconds running softs over mediums then forcing a longer run on mediums which in the end will cost you more time during the race. That strategy will be 10 seconds slower then splitting the load on a set of medium tyres even though Monza is not a high wear circuit trying to get the softs to be ok over 1 lap was quite a challenge.

The softs at 2x wear were nearly 1 second slower on the hotlap then at 1x wear where they can be at max grip for the entire hotlap. Running it hard early with 2x wear will mean they will be gone very early into lap 2 and for 5 laps they would be rubbish.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2016, 08:29:31 PM »
Yes i agree with you Marty infact from lap 3 to 5 i struggled a lot but hey...gave it i try.
Now that we got rid of the ballast i would love to see the x2..x3...x4..x5...x6.. tyres go out of the window for good i think this rule is only detrimental to racing,and highly unrealistic.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2016, 09:46:20 PM »
Im not a big fan of any exaggerated wear or fuel rates but at even 1x the soft gt3 tyres are useless beyond setting a single hotlap. They start at 90% grip then need a scrub to get to 100% on some tracks this means you either need to go real hard on the outlap to get them up for the start of the lap or quite often start rather slow but keeping an eye on wear level and temps. But seeing it takes pretty much 1 lap to get to optimum grip and only stays there for 1 lap at 100% wear they arent much good beyond qualy.

At least the way it is it makes it quite interesting as you only get 1 go at the qualy really with grip building and tyres good for just 1 lap, you really need to make a reasonable lap on your last attempt.

This season is set anyway but id prefer longer races with regular fuel an wear rates and if there is more stops forced then in some cars this will allow more strategy with softer tyres. Higher wear and lower or higher temps also exaggerate graining or blistering so it really does limit the amount of laps you want to run on any set. Monza I should have gone no tyres in race 2 as it was my only hope after my mistake but I chickened out of the riskier option hoping Paul would also make an error like Guy and I did. He hung on and ran a very solid pace so was too good. Had I done a basic stop and go I would likely have made up the 6 second deficit but then he may have noticed this and also done the same.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2016, 07:38:12 AM »
Yes i agree with you Marty infact from lap 3 to 5 i struggled a lot but hey...gave it i try.
Now that we got rid of the ballast i would love to see the x2..x3...x4..x5...x6.. tyres go out of the window for good i think this rule is only detrimental to racing,and highly unrealistic.

Simone we are simulating a 1 hour race in real life in 30 minutes, with the same pit stop and tyre conditions. If you want to make the tyre usage realistic, you have to run 2x wear. Otherwise you're effectively giving the race double the tyre life of what the drivers would face in a 1 hr race. Not increasing the tyre wear is unrealistic.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 01:14:29 PM »
Its ok wally,i did not want to use the word"unrealistic" but i have no problems.Thing is that it would be great to use those soft tyres and push the car,i mean, after all are the soft meant to work that way?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2016, 02:28:04 PM »
The soft tyres are pretty much a qualifying tyre, they dont really use any compound that behaves the same in any real gt3 series I know of. The actual real compounds have more grip then the softs but can run double or even triple fuel stints and still get pretty close to the same pace.

Even at 1x tyre wear all the gt3 tyres degrade more then they should compared to blancpain series and many 1 off enduros in gt racing have open tyre wars. These tyres get maximum performance over a very long period th oil though blancpain tyres are quite a bit worse then thise used at Bathurst 12hr or Nurburgring 24hr events.

The softs in AC are fairpy useless and if we wanted to simulate realism wed have regular tyre wear and no soft compounds seeing at the Bathurst 12hrs the lap record was set by the Giz in the 2nd hour of his tyre run. The way it is simulating a 1hr race the tyres drop off way more then they do in the real cars and I am pretty sure the aussie series dont run soft compound tyres either.

The higher wear and lower temps mean tyres best is very early in its run and will lose a fair bit of performance even over half a 30 minute race at 2x wear.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2016, 02:43:58 PM »
a few screenshots from watching race one replay...
a couple of moments of glory for ... :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2016, 02:47:56 PM »
Nice shots Bruce that cool looking SLS was busy passing lots of cars ut seems.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal