Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R5: Monza Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R5: Monza Pre-Race Chat  (Read 24188 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S10R5: Monza Pre-Race Chat
« on: February 16, 2016, 11:02:08 PM »
This round we are back to the 2 x 30 min races with a CPS in each race (like the first 3 rounds).
1.5 x fuel and 2 x tyres.

2 x 17 laps.

Weather: 17 Mid Clear. 19 Light Clouds.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S10R5: Monza Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:13:18 PM »
And practice server is up. Marty, I noticed MR and stracker weren't running - is that intentional?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 11:38:13 PM »
And practice server is up. Marty, I noticed MR and stracker weren't running - is that intentional?

They should all be running but probably just minimized, so that you dont have to turn them on and off again.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 11:41:49 PM »

They should all be running but probably just minimized, so that you dont have to turn them on and off again.  ;)
OK, well I only restarted the server.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 08:39:20 AM »
Gents, holidays are coming up. I'll be sitting the next round out, maybe the next two (I'll be back but I'm not sure I want to jump on after a day's travelling with zero praccy). 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 09:54:09 AM »
Gents, holidays are coming up. I'll be sitting the next round out, maybe the next two (I'll be back but I'm not sure I want to jump on after a day's travelling with zero praccy).
The answer is clear - cancel your holidays!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 03:45:13 PM »

I got a better idea: postpone the next two races! ;)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 05:51:01 PM »

I got a better idea: postpone the next two races! ;)

Yes, postpone the next two races but bring the 3rd and 4th race forward by two weeks.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 07:12:22 PM »

You could just say you hate Monza we all know it anyway, cool story though.  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 07:31:21 PM »

You could just say you hate Monza we all know it anyway, cool story though.  ;D
I swear it's a coincidence.  Even though it's true, I'm not a fan of this track :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 01:00:37 PM »
I think Monza will be good in the Lambo, I noticed I am already 1.2 seconds faster then in the 650s yet with quite a bit lower grip in the lambo lap vs the mclaren one.

There were a few laps done in gt3 cars on this Monza OSRW layout on my pub servers so there are a few times up there already. Quite a nice change going from the slowest straight line car to the quickest so passing really shouldnt be an issue now if needed. I checked RSR and it seems the earlier builds of the lambo was silly quick but it has been brought back a little.

Its probably not the best car at the tighter circuits now but on the power ones especially Monza it should have a bit of an advantage. The scg and GTR are pretty darn quick too so should be a few cars getting some good pace at Monza.

Here is a cool video of the start of race from the Nismo GTR in the blancpain race. It has no trouble passing at Monza either.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:03:26 PM by marty »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 01:19:24 PM »
I found the Lambo to be fast as stated but doesn't like to pull up nearly as well as say GTR or Z4 so it kind of balances out the benefit a bit...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 03:12:50 PM »
I found the Lambo to be fast as stated but doesn't like to pull up nearly as well as say GTR or Z4 so it kind of balances out the benefit a bit...

Overall the gt3 cars are all fairly close but at the power tracks the 650 especially has no hope due to being more then 10kmh down to the quicker cars. There arent many corners at Monza so you cant make up the lack of power anywhere in the lap there too easily.

If it qualifies mid pack it would also have a very tough time in traffic. I think Guybrush and Paul did very well in the lambos at a few tracks earlier on as I dont think it was the best car overall especially seeing as I got fairly close to it at Silverstone, Brands and even Mugello in the mclaren.

I think the second half of the season will favour it more then the first half did so a good effort by Guy to get a big lead in the early part of the season running it.

Here is some qoutes from from Shane Van Gisbergan last year at Monza.

The car balance wasn’t good and there are some set-up changes going in for the second session at 4pm.
I was out first in P2 and it was good to get a chance to get a feel of the car after a change was made mid-session. I’m still finding time in the first sector.
At the end of day one after another 90 minutes of running we are in 36th place with the other team car in 24th. Our car is down 11 km/h on the 458’s top speed – 282 versus 271. It’s pretty hard to cover that gap. This is more than a set-up problem. Some work for the engineers overnight.

I was out first in qualifying but I only had the first set of tyres while both Rob and Kevin ran a new set each. I ended up with a 1:51.51s in 29th place.
Next out was Rob in Q2 and on our second set of tyres for the weekend, he was in ninth with a 48.82s lap. Kevin then did a 48.37s in Q3 so we ended up starting 28th.

The winning Huracan (which was later disqualified for a fuel filler irregularity) had a top speed in the race of 286 against our 275. That’s a pretty big gap to try and make up. The Lambos, Nissans, 458s, R8s, SLS and 997s were all faster than the McLarens.
I’ll talk to Andrew (Kirkaldy, McLaren GT director) about some possible testing before Silverstone on May 24th. Hopefully there can be some developments to put in the car for that.
It was a bit frustrating that the car wasn’t as fast as I thought it would be, or I think they thought, but it’s definitely going to be a lot of fun.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/04/14/diary-shane-van-gisbergens-italian-adventure/

Shows the top speeds and laptimes overall are a fair way down in AC for all cars. They dont run softs in the Blancpain series but those times arent possible in AC anyway. Top speeds for the gt3 cars are down by a bit too as fastest Ive got the Huracan on softs is 279 where in the real race they were getting to 285. Though this could be draft assisted. The 650s was doing 275kmh but in AC at Monza it struggles to get to 266kmh.

Laptimes are a fair way off as optimum possibly high 1:48 is doable in current build with Huracan and this would have been slower then the 650 did in qualy for 28th on the medium compound.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 11:21:21 AM »
Still a lot of work to be done on the gt3 bop, they arnt that close to each other a few secs seperates the cars which isnt right and the top speeds are off too, they always mess with it but it seems like they make it worse lol the lambo and audi are in another class imo.
do you even motorsports?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2016, 01:42:17 PM »
After running some practice races with a couple GTR's and Phil in his SCG last night there isnt that much between these 3. Top speeds are all pretty close and seems laptimes not so far off either. One good thing is the Lambo can at least have some hope of passing the others but if they dont make a mistake its still quite a challenge here.

I havent seen an audi on the prac server yet but think they may have a tougher time of it being a little down on speed here. All the others should be fairly close with anyone in the 650 pretty much having a bye this round due to its lack of speed.  :-[

Racing will be pretty close and people should try get some practice in traffic here which I think is more important then actual solo lap pace.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal