Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday Server

Author Topic: Thursday Server  (Read 85613 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday Server
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2018, 02:59:31 PM »
RDP is remembering the credentials OK, because you can connect to the box OK. It's the server itself that is then asking for the Administrator password again. It's Windows Server 2016. Maybe there was a Windows Server update rolled out. I checked the group policy on the server, and that has disabled the need to enter a password when you remote in.

But then again, when I log in with the other tool, it doesn't ask for an additional password, so maybe Win 10 updated the RDP client and broke it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2018, 03:02:33 PM »
Local Computer Policy ➞ Computer Configuration ➞ Administrative Templates ➞ Windows Components ➞ Remote Desktop Services ➞ Remote Desktop Connection Client

I cant even find those settings :)  I am beyond help lol :D
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2018, 03:09:44 PM »
so maybe Win 10 updated the RDP client and broke it.
;D ;D ;D :P :P

8)

2+2=√16

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2018, 03:16:28 PM »
Nope. I'm still using 7.

Remote Desktop Connection Manager can't open .rdp files so I haven't used that yet.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2018, 04:37:27 PM »
Local Computer Policy ➞ Computer Configuration ➞ Administrative Templates ➞ Windows Components ➞ Remote Desktop Services ➞ Remote Desktop Connection Client

I know where you are coming from Phil, I broke into a cold sweat just reading the response from Bird, let alone trying to implement it :o :o
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2018, 07:28:23 PM »

I know where you are coming from Phil, I broke into a cold sweat just reading the response from Bird, let alone trying to implement it :o :o
If it's RDP then don't try to implement it.  It's only describing what to do with web (or rather apache) based access. 

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2019, 05:23:25 PM »
Rooshooter has donated the funds to keep the server running another 12 months,  thanks very much :)

Does anyone know/remember how I make a payment to continue the server for another 12 months,
is it under reserved instances - purchase more like these,  I just want to keep the server I have so I don't have to change anything,  just pay for it for another 12 months,  any advice is greatly appreciated,   

cheers

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2019, 07:06:48 PM »
Rooshooter has donated the funds to keep the server running another 12 months,  thanks very much :)

Does anyone know/remember how I make a payment to continue the server for another 12 months,
is it under reserved instances - purchase more like these,  I just want to keep the server I have so I don't have to change anything,  just pay for it for another 12 months,  any advice is greatly appreciated,   

cheers

Reserved instances work very simply; you purchase them, and they apply to any running instance.  Just make sure details match; i.e. server type ( eg t2.small ) and region (asia-pacific/sydney) - and of course you'll want to buy either the 12 or 36 mo full upfront.    (best savings is the 36mo non-changeable)

If you guys are short on the 36mo full upfront, tell me how much is missing and where to put the money, I can front it, no probs.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2019, 07:29:14 PM »
Thanks Bird,  I don't expect you to pay, I would of paid any difference if I realised, it increases the price from 150 odd to 286, which is an awesome saving but I have already paid for the 12months  :-\

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2019, 09:29:09 AM »
Thanks for the very generous offer Bird.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2022, 06:51:40 PM »
In about 12 months the server will need renewing.   I currently pay between $5 and $8 a month on top of the upfront costs and probably will not continue doing that after it runs out.
If anyone wants to start their own server and copy all the stuff we have on the server over go for it. There is heaps of time,  just a heads up.
I am just not playing enough anymore to keep paying for something I dont use,  but will keep paying the monthly costs for now
My life has just go to busy to play as I would like to unfortunately

Cheeers all :D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2022, 10:16:32 AM »

Time to find a new team mate  :'(

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2022, 12:36:12 PM »
I was hoping this day would never come :'(. A huge thankyou for stepping in when Flattop went to his big simrig in the sky: and keeping Flattop Thursdays going :). It was a lot of fun racing with you Phil and I have many fond memories of your alien driving skills :o 8).

regards,
Denis.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2022, 09:28:13 PM »

You think anyone will have Phill's patience to put up with you Joe? Better we hope Phil gets bored as winter starts returning and have time available to join us  :)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2022, 05:16:20 PM »

You think anyone will have Phill's patience to put up with you Joe? Better we hope Phil gets bored as winter starts returning and have time available to join us  :)

I am defiantly going to try and do Tuesdays on a more regular basis ,  But yeah I dont blame you Joe for wanting a new teammate and understand and dont mind if you get one  8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D
  last few months have been crazy and working until 10pm 4 or 5 nights a week I am just stuffed on the other nights
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 07:05:38 PM by Phil.8 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal