Xtreme Gaming Network

S27R1: Paul Ricard WTCC Race Chat

Author Topic: S27R1: Paul Ricard WTCC Race Chat  (Read 20600 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S27R1: Paul Ricard WTCC Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2019, 02:39:20 PM »
Good nights racing last night.  Cars were fairly evenly matched!
R1 got away cleanly and dropped into 5th were I stayed for the rest of the race.
R2 I made a small tweak to the front and rear toe and was able to find 0.5 seconds and even cracked the fastest lap.
I got onto the back of Mael and followed him for most of the race. My nissan was marginally quicker up the straights
but not enough to really make a dive.  It was only on the last lap when a slip by Mael allowed me to get through for 3rd.
R3 I made a concerted effort off the start to get in front of Phil's mustang and was successful.  From there I drove hard to create a gap in
the bends so as not to be passed on the straights.  This went on until lap 7 with Phil even getting by once at the end of the back straight
but I was able to switch back under him and hold position, however a messy T1 on lap 7 saw me lose 4 spots on that lap!!
To rub it in I got a cut penalty to finish 8th.
Nissan turned out to be pretty balanced and good to drive!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2019, 03:42:23 PM »
Very enjoyable racing, did not expect the cars to be so close in terms of race pace. Had some great battle with too many drivers to mention. The only time I felt a bit aggrieved was when AB blasted past me during the last race, he found a way to put that mustang's power down better than the other Mustang drivers! At least I got my own back on my team mate during race 3  ;D

Congrads to Wally, that was one of the most dominating performances in a while.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 05:23:50 PM »
Congrats to Wally for pole and 3 wins...wow, not bad at all...and he hasn't even congratulated himself  :)
Wally, keeping Phil in the Mustang behind you must have been really hard work.
I was pretty happy with my qualy time and found myself further up the front end of the grid than expected.
I had a good start as well, but all my hopes for a good result last night were destroyed in lap one when I was put back at the end of the field.
Later Keith shot me into Brad...well, sorry about this little discussion there during the race...anyway, if I had to pick someone suffering from Keith's late braking my choice would have been you, Brad  :) ...call it childish or not...I don't care.
Close and less rough racing with Bacchulum and Russ so overall it was great driving this Nissan.
It seemed to me you didn't get much speed for extra$$ spent. A great thing about the Mustang is its mass I find, other cars seem to be just bouncing off :-) Will be interesting to see battles between Mustang's and these little Abarth 500's...oh, oh...

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 05:27:01 PM by killagorilla »

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2019, 05:50:51 PM »
The turn 1 impacts are a bit hard to unravel. Bradc was turning in tight from the left of track, and moved too far to the inside of the corner. At the same time, RussG was under locked brakes on the inside and hit the side of Brad, and then on into ab156, spinning him. Because ab156 was so disadvantaged, a half fine of $150 goes to each of Brad (for not staying on his side of the track in turn 1) and Russ (for hitting Brad under locked brakes).

No locked brakes and I strongly debate who hit who. Just trying to mind my own business, watching other people and hoping to get through T1 without being hit.
JamieP was flashing down the inside, then I lost sight of him so I was leaving a little bit of space on the inside (in case he was there somewhere) and turning in from a shallow line so I was obviously going to run out a bit.
Some people just don't seem to have any respect at T1 and just try to barge through. But Ho humm, it's the same every race ...
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2019, 06:16:22 PM »
The turn 1 impacts are a bit hard to unravel. Bradc was turning in tight from the left of track, and moved too far to the inside of the corner. At the same time, RussG was under locked brakes on the inside and hit the side of Brad, and then on into ab156, spinning him. Because ab156 was so disadvantaged, a half fine of $150 goes to each of Brad (for not staying on his side of the track in turn 1) and Russ (for hitting Brad under locked brakes).

No locked brakes and I strongly debate who hit who. Just trying to mind my own business, watching other people and hoping to get through T1 without being hit.
JamieP was flashing down the inside, then I lost sight of him so I was leaving a little bit of space on the inside (in case he was there somewhere) and turning in from a shallow line so I was obviously going to run out a bit.
Some people just don't seem to have any respect at T1 and just try to barge through. But Ho humm, it's the same every race ...
I was going by the fact that your brakes were on 100% for quite a long time into the corner in a straight line in the replay (and the pedals app). The whole point of all of this scrutiny and penalties is to have a clean opening couple of corners, and given the number of drivers and the number of races for what are very few penalties, really, the standard is pretty good. It always looks worse from the seat of the driver who's involved in one of the few incidents.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2019, 04:28:08 PM »

Had a great start in race one but only had room on the extreme inside and seeing that there was no scenario that was going to end well trying to force myself into turn 1, I jumped on the brakes very early and limped myself around the very inside of the corner. Sadly I managed to gently clip he rear bar of a car coming around the outside so very sorry about that. The rest of the race was OK just slow.

Had another good start and a tidier effort and better line into turn 1. About 8 laps in I got a good run into the first sweeper and the car in front a not so good run and planned to use the run to move down the inside of the next one but I underestimated the closing speed and had to get hard on the anchors when I realised there was going to be a hit. I still had an impact and I am sorry, again, I ended up sliding across the track and into the wall. No deposit back for that car.

3rd race I just took it easy and worked on my lap consistancy. Was better, faster and third last instead of second last.

I'll be trying to have a much cleaner round next time out. On the plus side I was half a second or more faster in each race.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 04:31:02 PM by JamieP »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal