Xtreme Gaming Network

S33R1: Slovakiaring

Author Topic: S33R1: Slovakiaring  (Read 7476 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S33R1: Slovakiaring
« on: May 13, 2020, 10:27:37 AM »
Phil wins the opening round with a healthy margin from ab156 and a crowded bunch of lower standings, with two race wins and a 2nd. Krahl Racing (Phil & Joe) take an early lead from Maki Engineering (Mael & Freezer) in the team standings.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Phil.8   74
ab156   64
Wally   61
Joe   61
Freezer   61
Mael   59
bradc   55
AGK   55
Dave O   46
Rob   45
Jarmel   38
JamieP   37
Simone   36
Stigface   13
DaveReid   13

Penalties
Race 1
Joe ran into the back of Wally – 25 kg penalty.
Simone and AGK had a side-to-side coming together which caused a chain reaction – racing incident.

Season Standings
1. Phil.8, 74
2. ab156, 64
3. Freezer, 61

The opening round is at Slovakiaring, in Orechová Potôň, Slovakia.

3 x 16 lap sprints.

If you already had this track, it was updated Sep 26, 2019, so it might pay to check that you've got the latest version.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 10:59:38 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
Re: S33R1: Slovakiaring
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 11:17:55 AM »
That looks a little easier than Zandvoort   :D hopefully less bumpy also

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 01:31:04 PM »
Can't wait to get back into racing after dealing with a customers crypto virus the last 2 weeks. Might have to drive the car before round 1 which will be a nice change.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 03:21:08 PM »
I'm hoping it was zandvoort that made passing hard and not the cars. You seem to be able to have good close racing but making a pass was near impossible. If you fell back a bit too seemed very hard to catch up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 04:49:51 PM »
I'm hoping it was zandvoort that made passing hard and not the cars. You seem to be able to have good close racing but making a pass was near impossible. If you fell back a bit too seemed very hard to catch up.
I think that was very much Zandvoort, where it's always hard to pass. Mind you, I did swap positions with Phil and Mael a bit in the last race. Slovakiaring should be easier to pass, especially at the sweeping corners either end of the layout.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 10:18:26 PM »

I suspect qualifying is going to be important in this series, and Milli-seconds will be important at Slovakiaring. Any time lost while battling will never be made up  :)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 12:06:58 AM »

I suspect qualifying is going to be important in this series, and Milli-seconds will be important at Slovakiaring. Any time lost while battling will never be made up  :)
There's a long straight, will drafting come into it?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 09:01:00 AM »

As long as Mr "I don't need traction control" is there at least there will be someone to pass as he spins off

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 09:48:49 AM »

As long as Mr "I don't need traction control" is there at least there will be someone to pass as he spins off
LOL Joe.

I reckon people will have different exit speeds from that very long last sweeping corner onto the straight, and there will be moves at turn 1, perhaps with the aid of a tow.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 12:27:52 PM »
Can we have a highlight video of you pitstop Wally, just as educational purpose on how well Audi's TC works  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2020, 03:28:12 PM »
Can we have a highlight video of you pitstop Wally, just as educational purpose on how well Audi's TC works  ;D
Bastard :D

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2020, 05:19:17 PM »
Hey Wally, lots of real life distractions atm...will join in race 2 or 3.
Have fun  :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2020, 05:52:47 PM »
OK, Killa.

Server's up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2020, 10:59:48 PM »
Results are up.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2020, 09:05:46 AM »
Sorry for the bump wally. Misjudged your exit speed.

I was feeling good until near the end of race 2. Not sure what changed but I was getting slower then race 3 was a shit show spinning off twice.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 09:07:52 AM by Joe »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal