Xtreme Gaming Network

The: Let's hassle Wally about next season thread..

Author Topic: The: Let's hassle Wally about next season thread..  (Read 8555 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
The: Let's hassle Wally about next season thread..
« on: June 29, 2014, 08:32:53 AM »
Ok not hassling really!  :D
Maybe Wally has got it all planed out, some major touring trophy, with sprints and enduros, and more spread sheets than a Vatican accountant.
Maybe he has no idea and doesn't even care.

A few of us where chatting about it last night, Lack of choice, even though there are lots of cars seems to be a issue and not enough tracks?
I'm happy to race anything. Though I will probably go reserve next season to give someone else a go.

If I was going to vote on something it would be for real life tracks. That part of AC really appeals to me.
Really I'd like to want to know so I can get working on skins!

How about you guys? Any thoughts on next season?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: The: Let's hassle Wally about next season thread..
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 08:39:36 AM »
I have a plan, which is to have a single make open wheeler season, where you can vote for which car out of these: Lotus 49, Ferrari 312T, Lotus T125 (although 98T is coming soon, mid July).

The game's tracks are so much better quality than most of the conversions I've tried, so I'm keen to stick with the built-in tracks for now, until some good quality add-on tracks appear. In general though, I like a lot of track variety, so I'll be on the lookout for, and want to hear suggestions, of any good, and finished, add on tracks. I also prefer real life tracks.

But there's time to try different things... the games's still beta, the MP is alpha, more content will come...

And while we're on plans, I'm hoping that AC will introduce a ballast system. In the netKar league, I used an automatically calculated amount of ballast, so the faster guys automatically got more ballast, and it made for very close racing. Ballast is sometimes contentious, hobbling the naturally fast guys, but ask anyone who raced in the netKar league if they want ballast, and they'd probably all say yes.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 08:42:17 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 08:50:49 AM »
You are very good at this Wally!

I have heard of your, above class, ballasting skills. Many times Wally!  :D
It does sound like people enjoy a close race over a huge drawn out solo race

I'm wondering if you could add helium or something to my car??

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 09:11:19 AM »
Was the ballast in NKP part of the game or a mod?  Hopefully if it was something Kunos put in they have similar plans for AC.

Wally are you also considering the Tatuus in your open wheeler car options?  I love all the open wheelers but my only concern is that all of them bar the Tatuus may be very difficult to drive for those that are still building up their experience in AC.

I'm with you on using the Kunos tracks also.  You kind of have to re-learn them when using a new car anyway which is a bit of fun.  Looking forward to Spa being released.  Being European based I'm hoping they also do Barcelona and Hungry (although just saw a conversion for this is up).  Would be great to see Monaco at some stage but I doubt they would be able to laser scan that one.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 09:36:19 AM »
98T, 98T, 98T, 98T..........
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 09:59:37 AM »
Could we try out one of them on the FUN server next week? While I have tried them out a bit it would be good to test out in some casual races. If it is the single car for the season then I should be able to just about drive it by the end of the series :) perhaps the T125?

On the topic of converted tracks - I have tried out a couple of them and they seem ok to me but do you find problems in some of the track textures etc that makes  it less predictable to drive fast? I noticed on the Fuji Speedway conversion that in a couple of corners there were some spots on the track that upset the car under heavy acceleration out of the corner.

BTW I went back to take a look at NetKar to see out it looked on my new triple screen setup and wow! does it show how much more advanced AC is in comparison. Also, NetKar definitely was still difficult for me to drive close to the limit without spinning all the time. AC is much more forgiving (better?) close to the limit for novices such as me.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 10:17:03 AM »
Damn, how could I forget the Taatus (Formula Abarth)! Of course that will be in the mix, because as you say, that's the most balanced car out of the open wheelers. In fact, it's one of my favourite cars in the game. You seem to get a lot of feedback about driving at the limit of the car, more than in most other cars.

Ballast was built in in NKP - you could specify it in the server settings for each car.

I'll put the Taatus at Imola up on the fun server.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 01:29:20 PM »
I was just about to mention the taatus.  Very forgiving, but not overly fast.
But on the other hand, without bump drafting it's a bit of a hassle. 
Maybe put the '49 in for one season, drafting won't to much harm and that one really requires you to work with the car.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 04:44:09 PM »
Just had a couple of races on Imola in the Tatuus with Phil, Rolz, Gratulin and Dick.  Was great fun.  It's such a fun car and you really appreciate the cornering ability of these things after driving the E30.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 04:45:24 PM »
Just had a couple of races on Imola in the Tatuus with Phil, Rolz, Gratulin and Dick.  Was great fun.  It's such a fun car and you really appreciate the cornering ability of these things after driving the E30.
+1

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal