Xtreme Gaming Network

Ok. I'll say it.... Nords for practice server.

Author Topic: Ok. I'll say it.... Nords for practice server.  (Read 9873 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Ok. I'll say it.... Nords for practice server.
« on: July 16, 2014, 06:24:48 PM »
What do you think? Handful of different cars? Snoopys nords?
Is it possible Mr Wally?
If it's a stupid idea I'm cool with that too. i'll say it was Marty's idea.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
Re: Ok. I'll say it.... Nords for practice server.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 07:17:59 PM »
+1

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:55:24 PM »
I can do that for a bit of a fun.

Version 1.1 of the track here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/wip-nordschleife-by-snoopy.9846/

This is up on the PRACTICE server with a random assortment of cars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 07:59:43 PM »
Thanks Wally!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 10:57:21 PM »
Thanks Wally was good to drive with some others here for a change, unlikely to set any WR times on the server as starting from the pits your lap time doesnt properly register until after the second time past the start line.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 11:25:29 PM »
And it takes a minute or two to find your way out of the carpark :)

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 08:14:16 AM »
Thanks Wally was good to drive with some others here for a change, unlikely to set any WR times on the server as starting from the pits your lap time doesnt properly register until after the second time past the start line.

I'm wondering if that last 1.1 build was a bit dodgy. I noticed Snoopy saying there are 50 pit boxes. I kept getting the 95% CPU error. solid on my screen. and my 4 cores where indeed maxing out. didn't drop frames but cars were jumping around a fair bit like it was a bad ping which was around 85.

And it takes a minute or two to find your way out of the carpark :)
I'm sorry for warping into you a few times Gratulin! For such a huge track I managed to run you off a couple of times! Marty's fault though  :D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 08:20:15 AM »
I noticed in a lap last night in the cobra offline,  that the complete scenery was shaking, very off putting.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 08:37:37 AM »
I noticed in a lap last night in the cobra offline,  that the complete scenery was shaking, very off putting.

I didn't have any scenery drama, just cars not behaving.
I could have all the pretty stuff turned up in the 1.0 version and no frame drops, well very few. But that was driving while off line though.

The cobra is fun and kinda a nostalgic feel on Nords. I imagine the old lotus would be the same.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 10:08:19 AM »

I'm sorry for warping into you a few times Gratulin! For such a huge track I managed to run you off a couple of times! Marty's fault though  :D
NO problem at all. It was weird though. One minute you were in front, then behind me, then back in front. Your ping was about 70 or 80 which should have been ok. I think the track is a bit big for mp.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 11:37:43 AM »

NO problem at all. It was weird though. One minute you were in front, then behind me, then back in front. Your ping was about 70 or 80 which should have been ok. I think the track is a bit big for mp.

Yeah I had the same issue with Dick.  So I smashed into him to teach him a lesson for having a high ping.  That is general online etiquette, is it not?  8)

It was fun last night bumping my way around Nords.  We were the 3 Stooges I swear - I had a good laugh.  Started to get half a clue about the first 10% of the track  :-\  I even managed a lap only about 1.5 minutes slower than the WR.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 01:01:18 PM »

I didn't have any scenery drama, just cars not behaving.
I could have all the pretty stuff turned up in the 1.0 version and no frame drops, well very few. But that was driving while off line though.

The cobra is fun and kinda a nostalgic feel on Nords. I imagine the old lotus would be the same.

Offline your not likely running lots of AI and so a prebooked server with not sure how many cars there were loaded would cause issues on some computers. Running 25 ai I also get the cpu warning at times if ai collisions are on. Actually happens from about 15 ai or more but on the server I ran my regular settings and it was still smooth.

By any chance did you have motion blur turned on? This is a known bug with it shaking especially when your not moving.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 04:16:38 PM »
@Marty
thanks for "By any chance did you have motion blur turned on? This is a known bug with it shaking especially when your not moving." I had a quick look at the display options, but didn't spot that, will have a more intensive look tonight.  ::)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal