Xtreme Gaming Network

S29R2: Donington Park GP

Author Topic: S29R2: Donington Park GP  (Read 16029 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S29R2: Donington Park GP
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2019, 06:17:00 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2019, 06:20:25 PM »
"The car dealer is now closed for this round."

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Just got back from work and remember i never changed it ;(
http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=2633.0
Because I'm an awesome guy, I gave you the Nissan.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2019, 06:50:07 PM »

I object!!    He deserves the Veloster!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 07:19:23 PM »

I object!!    He deserves the Veloster!

Haha. You were way faster than me in it anyway.

Thanks Wally

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2019, 11:18:32 PM »
Results are up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2019, 07:39:33 AM »
Race 1 was a bit lonely, chasing AbleArcher also in a Seat. He made a tiny slip up on the last lap which gave me a sniff of hope but I fell 0.3 secs short at the finish line.

Race 2 was great after taking onboard Freezer's advice of trailing the brake into the corner, and overlapping the throttle as you come off the brake. That made the car turn so much better, I guess because while coming off the brakes, you're unloading the front tyres a little, allowing them more breathing room to turn and accelerate at the same time. I took 0.9 seconds off my previous race lap time. I was able to stick close to Bacchulum's BMW in 3rd place for a great race. I dropped off him just a fraction in the closing laps as my fronts got more worn.

Race 3 I got hit at T1, which wasn't too bad, but then I turned into Kcender at the chicane (he was inside, I was wide), which spun me right off the track and into last place. From there I quickly picked off the Hyundais and Nissans, and ended up chasing Simone's Seat but ran out of laps, finishing 0.6 behind him.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 07:43:15 AM by Wally »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2019, 08:57:59 AM »
Had some good close racing in the Nissan.

Race 1 was going pretty well having a good battle with Mael going side by side down the back straight until the Italian Stallion galloped up behind me and gave me a tap. Unfortunately pushed me off at the chicane ending up on the start straight. As soon as I moved it kicked me back to the pits and was a lap down  :'(

Race 2 I remember being pretty good making my way though the pack and making some passes up the hill.

Race 3 was some really good racing in a big pack until going 2 wide towards the chicane which needs earlier braking I got hit from behind again and lost 6 places. I managed to make some of those back before the end and almost got Mael at the end after he spun around on the final turn of the last lap  ;D ;D ;D

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2019, 09:35:17 AM »
Race 3 I got hit at T1, which wasn't too bad...
Sorry mate, I really did think I fully passed you.
There was something strange happening last night before the first race. Volume turned down by itself and later during the 1st race I noticed Crewchief wasn't working. No idea if that's related, but I couldn't work out what's the problem between the races.
So, not having Chrewchief certainly contributed to me screwing your race there. I was deliberately cautious in situations like that all night...not enough obviously.

Racing was pretty good. That stupid mistake in race 2 cost me a few positions...it took me ages to get back on track.
Phil was just too fast. Still had a bit of close racing and side-by-side action for a short time.

See how much money we got left for the next round...

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2019, 10:01:11 AM »
What a fun night of racing  ;D

Race 3 was some really good racing in a big pack until going 2 wide towards the chicane which needs earlier braking I got hit from behind again and lost 6 places. I managed to make some of those back before the end and almost got Mael at the end after he spun around on the final turn of the last lap  ;D ;D ;D

What do you mean spun? I got bunted off by a mob of crazy Nissan's!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 01:56:33 PM by Mael »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2019, 10:30:44 AM »
After wringing the neck of the Veloster in qualifying and still being last it wasn't looking good!
Racing however was a different story, grabbing about 5 spots of the line in each race meant I spent most of the races doing my
best to hold off the faster cars including Bradc, Joe and AGK.  Spent many laps running side by side and having some see sawing battles
so it was a fun night.  A few to many cuts didn't help my cause and the final outcome was pretty low on the scoreboard but I am cashed up
for next week :)

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2019, 12:09:49 PM »
Another frustrating session for myself , I just can't get any consistency in Assetto Corsa and the cars we have driven so far. I know i'm slow and towards the end of the field and thats ok.
For example I play Iracing on weekends and in the 5 races on Sunday . I won 3 finished 2nd once and 6th (low divisions) but more importantly i could string together a full race with very limited off tracks and good consistent times all with in 1 sec of my PB's . But in Assetto Corsa I struggle to put 2 or 3 laps together. Maybe the Skippy is easier to drive than these. I'm a C class now so will get into the BMW gt3 and see how I go in them for consistency.

Race 1,  I span off where I have never done so before . This happens in every race almost I lose it in spots where i normally wouldn't.
Race 2, zigged when I should of zagged and slammed into Dave ,(oh man his car looked like it had been through the wars  ;D ) my fault I could of avoided him but was hoping to sneak behind him and pick up a lot of places, think it was this race i had a fun battle with Ab for a few laps before i got past him, then spun again and let him back through.
Race 3, Got hit ( no fault to the person who hit me he was avoiding something i hadn't seen) and went off into the wall had to pit as had suspension damage which was to much to continue, fixed it and came back out then binned it again and finished the race in the pits.

Having said that enjoyed the process we had a good session on server Sunday night , was good to see Joe pick up that extra second a lap and during the race to see Ab increase his speed by the third race.

I get the pick of cars this week , is one of them rear wheel drive ??

Looking forward to next week

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2019, 01:00:07 PM »
BMW is rear wheel drive Jarmel, and not a bad car either. Looks like I'm relegated back to the Nissan  :( was enjoying the Beemer  :( Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2019, 01:04:51 PM »
The BMW is RWD.

Are your spins perhaps due to tyres being cold or under-pressured? It takes a couple of laps on these cars to get up to temp/pressure.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2019, 01:29:00 PM »
The BMW is RWD.

Are your spins perhaps due to tyres being cold or under-pressured? It takes a couple of laps on these cars to get up to temp/pressure.

No not this week at Donnington all though  previously that has been the case.  I actually practice for the cold tyres at the start of races now. I also use your very nice App to keep an eye on temps and pressures they allways float around 0 or 1 . Turn 3 got me on about lap 3 in the first race maybe i hit the curb and didn't realise it.
The main thing is that i can push and get a mid 37's every now and then , then i can try to be consistent and get low 38's but also mid 40's.
I'll keep plugging away at it, I've only been sim racing again for a few months after 10+ years away from it , my expectations are above my pay level atm. Also might need to look at my FFB setting and play with that some more.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2019, 02:05:02 PM »
Seems like saving money by picking a slower car doesn't work. Just checked and can only afford the Hyundai even though I saved 10k by picking the BMW where I could have taken the Citroen for Donington. Wally, so there is a reset after every race, right?!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal