Xtreme Gaming Network

Supercar fun run post-race chat

Author Topic: Supercar fun run post-race chat  (Read 9316 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Supercar fun run post-race chat
« on: March 07, 2017, 08:50:37 PM »
RACE RESULTS

Congratulations to Marty for all 3 wins. No one could get close to him no matter what car they drove, with KCender giving it the best shake in the 911 GT3 RS, finishing 2.5 seconds behind Marty.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:32:11 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Supercar fun run post-race chat
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 10:21:49 PM »
(mine's longer, see?)

Well, this was great fun.  I'll now put my 2c next to the mixed supercar race, I think it's a lot more colourful than everyone driving a pork all the way.   
Also this way everybody can chose the car they like best.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 10:25:16 PM »
Really enjoyed tonight. It's nice to drive a mix of cars that feel very different, but with different pros/cons I was putting in pretty similar lap times. The majority on my practice was in the RS and some in the 458. I did a few laps in the Lambo and didn't like it much, and a couple of laps in the RUF which I like but is hard work.

I took the RS first, then the 458, then for race 3 took a gamble on the McLaren which I hadn't driven before. It felt slower than the Lambo but much nicer to drive. Was doing okay in it until I got pressure from Mael in his lairy Lambo and went off my line and then wide to get a cut track penalty.

Fun though, think will have my vote of the 3 choices.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 10:27:18 PM »
(mine's longer, see?)

Well, this was great fun.  I'll now put my 2c next to the mixed supercar race, I think it's a lot more colourful than everyone driving a pork all the way.   

Nice to see you back Bird. I still remember my very first XGN race where I was very green and cut you up in a 458 with you in a F40 and you we're not pleased  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 10:32:52 PM »
Results are up in the first post.

Cast your vote in the poll - it closes tomorrow evening at 6:00pm.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 10:37:59 PM »
(mine's longer, see?)

Nice to see you back Bird. I still remember my very first XGN race where I was very green and cut you up in a 458 with you in a F40 and you we're not pleased  ;D

must be a theme, I caused him to smash my first race with xgn and pissed him of and the 2nd and 3rd and numerous others all with the same result, an annoyed Bird,  had lots of incidents with bird
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Slow_As

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 10:42:55 PM »
Thanks for the good races all. Apologies to mofo??? I lost it up the top of Eau Rouge and unfortunately stopped in front of you. Also 3rd race - not sure who the blue McLaren was - but 1st or 2nd lap I think - I got on the throttle a little early/or you were off throttle and i bumped in to the back of you - if due to my over-exuberance sorry about that.

Otherwise - had some good clean racing.

Just one question - we had 3-4 goes at the third race - does this happen in the series too - or just fun runs?
I learnt the hard way with the car choice - the Ferrari can be thrown around a fair bit, brakes modulated during turn in etc. and you can sort of manhandle it.....all of which is a terrible driving style to get in to if you are going to the Porsche..... which needs to be lovingly caressed in to corners and is not very forgiving if you overshoot corner entry....

Finally I think the supercars are fun........ but will take a race car over a supercar any day of the week.

cheers all

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 10:51:53 PM »

Finally I think the supercars are fun........ but will take a race car over a supercar any day of the week.

cheers all

I agree, these are just rich people track day cars, not race cars
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 10:53:19 PM »
Just one question - we had 3-4 goes at the third race - does this happen in the series too - or just fun runs?

Dangerous question, lets just stick with a resounding NO RESTARTS ON TUESDAYS!!!  ;D

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 10:59:17 PM »
As much as these cars can be fun to drive, I wouldn't say they're fun to race.  5 laps is a warmup not a sprint and certainly not a race.  I agree I'd take a race car over a supercar any day.

--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 11:02:18 PM »
Very challenging to drive and even more so to race. Should make for an interesting season.

Can I make one humble request that anybody who doesn't use push to talk on Teamspeak take a couple of minutes to re-calibrate their sensitivity? Just over the last few weeks there seems to be quite an increase in the amount of gear changes and seat noises and other random sounds coming through and it gets quite distracting.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 11:08:11 PM »
I have to admit that even though I do not like the cars much, the races were lots of fun. Te last 2 laps of race 1, battling to the last inch with kcender and DieHard, were truly great. :) I am sure they can vouch for that too.

That said: it was great fun to do 3 silly super-sprints. I am not sure I would enjoy a more serious 15 laps race. But if we choose these and go for supersprints, I do not mind. It's a bit of a silly season, but I definitely need a silly season---can't take it too seriously too often without becoming silly myself ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 11:12:45 PM »
As much as these cars can be fun to drive, I wouldn't say they're fun to race.  5 laps is a warmup not a sprint and certainly not a race.  I agree I'd take a race car over a supercar any day.

Its a warmup, you want longer races yet only completed the 1 of the 3, 5 lap races?   :-\

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 11:15:55 PM »
I don't think the front tyres would be fairing to well with more than 5 laps...! 
Found the Ferrari balanced and chuckable, the RUF  . . . does it have front wheels? certainly doesn't like to turn!
GT3 was pretty good if driven porsche style.  Then there's the Nissan which was probably the choice of what I tried.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 11:54:56 PM »
I don't think the front tyres would be fairing to well with more than 5 laps...! 
Found the Ferrari balanced and chuckable, the RUF  . . . does it have front wheels? certainly doesn't like to turn!
GT3 was pretty good if driven porsche style.  Then there's the Nissan which was probably the choice of what I tried.

I found the Nissan's performance dropped off rapidly the last lap or so, not sure I would have lasted in a longer race with GTR.  The RUF is for me  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal