Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 9th

Poll

Select 4 tracks for Season 2 of the Cobra Cup (Track Testing Oct 9th)

Curcuit de Catalunya (Barcelona)
8 (21.1%)
Brands Hatch
10 (26.3%)
Prato Long
6 (15.8%)
Suzuka
9 (23.7%)
Tsukuba
5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: October 12, 2014, 03:12:41 PM

Author Topic: Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 9th  (Read 33553 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 9th
« on: October 03, 2014, 01:47:20 PM »
Thursday October 9th Track Trial

To keep Dick happy it would be great to have a modded track :) We have the chance to trial it in the last of the Thursdays in 'tween seasons.
If this is not acceptable we will use Vallelunga.

Track 1: Circuit de Catalunya 1.0
Track 2: Brands Hatch

Server is now passworded, the usual, so no need to worry about AC ids.

See you there!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:11:37 PM by Flattop Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 9th
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 02:08:52 PM »
Lols don't you dare make exceptions for me! other than a 5 lap head start....

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 05:03:17 PM »
Bruce I think it may be better just to make it a no book server with the usual XGN password, that way anyone that races regularly should be able to join. That way on the night you wont need to bother with GUID's and anyone with the password can jump in and race.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 05:55:58 PM »
I'll suggest the Barcelona track mod.  It's a pretty good conversion and a great track.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 07:31:24 PM »
I'll suggest the Barcelona track mod.  It's a pretty good conversion and a great track.

The Barcelona track is ok, not great but the best version of it we have already, will see if we can get the guy to add grid spots to istanbul as that's easily already one of the best mod tracks at a very early version. All it needs to be raceable is grid spots and pit locations the surface itself is real good and looks great probably at or even above the quality of AC official tracks visually obviously not scanned but a very good layout even still.

Brands hatch isnt too bad either not sure about the accuracy of the layout as Im not too familiar with the real track and havent seen the Iracing version but its one of the better conversions in AC.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 09:34:39 PM »

The Barcelona track is ok, not great but the best version of it we have already, will see if we can get the guy to add grid spots to istanbul as that's easily already one of the best mod tracks at a very early version. All it needs to be raceable is grid spots and pit locations the surface itself is real good and looks great probably at or even above the quality of AC official tracks visually obviously not scanned but a very good layout even still.

Brands hatch isnt too bad either not sure about the accuracy of the layout as Im not too familiar with the real track and havent seen the Iracing version but its one of the better conversions in AC.

Definitely Brands Hatch.  I forgot about that one.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 08:01:44 AM »
Thanks 'guys' we will give them a run next Thursday.
Marty good idea but I can't get the server to run with an empty entry ini and a password
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 08:30:31 AM »
Marty good idea but I can't get the server to run with an empty entry ini and a password
Have you set pickup mode = 1?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 09:08:19 AM »

There are two conversions of Brands and only one of them is good. Here is a download link http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/brands-hatch.2726/download?version=4230

Here is a vid

Here is a download link for Barcelona http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-de-catalunya.3328/download?version=4943
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:10:45 AM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 09:40:33 AM »

For the pickup mode you still need an entry list with all cars you want entered. Just remove all guid's if using the server setup exe its quite easy to add the cars and give various skins to them so not all cars end up the same. Just make sure you add no more cars then grid spots and also the server.ini should be set to the same number of max clients as you have cars in the entry list.

You can also use your current entry list just remove all names and guid's if you already have one. Pretty sure you can only leave a blank entry list if using a regular booking server without any prebooked players.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:43:00 AM by marty »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 12:46:25 PM »
Brands Hatch is a great track, dunno if this version is accurate - will have to drive it, that vid isn't giving away anything.  I've driven the laser scanned version in iR, and it's fantastic.  Mid Ohio is still better, mind you ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 06:37:32 PM »
The mid ohio version unfortunately had some pretty big issues for people with shitty computers (Dick Forrest) When we tried the first street car test. Also with Glen on track there were weird issues, for me the track runs great but Dick was warping back and forth 100m or so with a good ping. Glen was moving very strangely not sure if it was something to do with server setup so I will try it on my server and see if the same issues come up with general public.

The original is a great track but sadly the guy that released it basically does pretty poor no permission hack job rips, and never quite finishes the tracks up. If only Virtua LM would officialy make thier RF tracks into AC we could get an improved Mid Ohio and their Sebring is great too.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 07:05:51 PM »
We had a pretty decent version of mid-ohio for nkP, I'm wondering which one was that...it'd be great to see a good one,
It's a very funky track, probably the best of all tracks.  The "real" ( laser-scanned version at least ).

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 07:10:10 PM »
I just tried the Ohio version which is a rip of the virtua LM track which is still one of the best scratch made mod tracks. It was taken down from RD and I just tried it on my server on my own and got a cpu warning in pitlane so I deleted the track too. It looks nice but has issues and the guy really is one of the worst modders just ripping anything with no care or permission. Graphically it looks well done but no idea what he has screwed up so bad, I notice a strange reflection on the windscreen of any car there so thats likely one of the issues.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 05:20:40 PM »
   Hi all , I am just back from several months overseas and would like to join
the Thursday night fun runs. My Guid is 76561198002539308. Hope to see you on the track.
Thankyou Bruce and others for keeping the fun factor going .
  regards,
roo
social media is the tobacco of this century

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal