Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R7: Circuit de Pau Historique 1967

Author Topic: S28R7: Circuit de Pau Historique 1967  (Read 21103 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S28R7: Circuit de Pau Historique 1967
« on: June 11, 2019, 11:08:33 PM »
Congratulations to Kcender on pole, 2 wins to Guybrush and 1 win to Phil. Phil won the overall round, moving him up into second place in the championship. Bird's good round result sees him move up 3 places to 8th.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Phil.8   116
Kcender87   113
Guybrush Threepwood   112
Bird   102
Bacchulum   92
AGK   74
Freezer   74
Seanus   72
RussG   66
Mael   64
Dave O   52
AbleArcher83   50
Wally   48
ab156   48
Joe   44
Jarmel   38
Rob   34
Doobs   10

Lap 1 Penalties

Race 1
Mael ran into the back of Freezer and spun him – 30 kg penalty.
Guybrush hit the back of Kcender, but no positions changed.

Race 2
Jarmel clipped wheels with AbleArcher, but it was just a racing incident, with both cars going straight.
Likewise, Freezer and I clipped wheels, another racing incident.
Seanus entered the second hairpin too fast, out of control, and caused a pile up – 30 kg penalty.

Race 3
Bacchulum and Kcender clipped wheels – racing incident.

Season Standings
1. Guybrush Threepwood, 647
2. Phil.8, 602
3. Bacchulum, 588

Track link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-de-pau-historique-1967.15617

3 x 13 laps. Weather forecast is 17, 20 and 19 degrees, light winds.

This track has 24 pit boxes, so I'll be dropping Grat, Gratulin and JamieP.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 11:02:52 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
Re: S28R7: Circuit de Pau Historique 1967
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 11:20:36 PM »
Wally, sorry, I'll miss this one.
Have fun.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 10:41:08 PM »
This track is like Monaco without the good bits

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 08:10:35 PM »
I can't really see how this is going to be good for Tuesday night. I remember this track from one time we did it on a Thursday and it was fun but it had its quirks.

We've had some pretty tough and 'easy to wreck' tracks this season, and while I've enjoyed that challenge this one is the most challenging yet I'd say.

In maybe the last 30 mins of practice I've done the suspension about 8 times just from clipping a curb. I've flipped the car on it's roof twice and back to the pits, again just from clipping a curb. Though the park bit there is a big pond with no surface, and twice I got loose hit a curb and fell through the pond, then back to the pits. Also twice had some really weird damage; I hit a hay bale pretty lightly and tried to reverse, had no power and next thing my engine was gone, then had the same thing happened again but my rear left was gone completely and I couldn't move.

I'm not even pushing it at the moment either, and with this much carnage just on my own I can't really imagine what will happen with other cars around  :o

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 07:53:35 AM »
Yes, it's going to be a difficult round. I like to have one challenging track in the season, where you'll have to be more cautious than normal. It's all part of mixing things up and it's a chance to reward drivers for other skills rather than speed. Someone's going to win each of the three races!

But I did turn damage down to 10% for this one, as like Joe said, there are some weird impacts with hay bales that suddenly destroy your engine.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 08:18:32 AM »
It's not an easy track (caution, turn the sound down first, lest your brain be fried by the soundtrack).

[youtube]YQluQIUTFvg[/youtube]

But here's how it should be done (in the wet, no less):

[youtube]WH38EYgvP2M[/youtube]

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 01:20:45 PM »
I've done a setup for the Fez.  Not perfect, but see attached.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 05:53:49 PM »
Yes, it's going to be a difficult round. I like to have one challenging track in the season, where you'll have to be more cautious than normal. It's all part of mixing things up and it's a chance to reward drivers for other skills rather than speed. Someone's going to win each of the three races!

But I did turn damage down to 10% for this one, as like Joe said, there are some weird impacts with hay bales that suddenly destroy your engine.

Definitely a track to do some practice laps on. Bravery can bring good lap times but usually ends in tears  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 09:19:35 PM »

This just happened to me with the 10% damage after a slow 360 spin onto the grass through that left right section. I just let the car come to a stop, then tried to pull back onto the track and it just went into a crazy spin until the right rear went.

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 09:34:35 PM »
Track link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-de-pau-historique-1967.15617

Understandable for the missed races. Apologies but work keeps getting in the way. Looking forward to the next round

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 11:05:58 PM »

Understandable for the missed races. Apologies but work keeps getting in the way. Looking forward to the next round
Are you able to race this round Jamie? If so, I can drop someone else who can't make it.

Offline AGK

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 11:21:28 PM »
...., then tried to pull back onto the track and it just went into a crazy spin until the right rear went.

This seemed to happen to some peeps at Imola too. I haven't had it happen to me and I can't think of what is causing it. You're in the Ferrari Joe? Has it only happened to members in this car?

The hay bales are sticky like the walls in Imola, maybe that has something to do with it?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 11:34:37 PM by AGK »

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2019, 01:02:35 AM »
I'm away for work so you can take me off the grid if needed

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2019, 06:33:39 AM »
...., then tried to pull back onto the track and it just went into a crazy spin until the right rear went.

This seemed to happen to some peeps at Imola too. I haven't had it happen to me and I can't think of what is causing it. You're in the Ferrari Joe? Has it only happened to members in this car?

The hay bales are sticky like the walls in Imola, maybe that has something to do with it?

I didnt even go near a hay bale that last one just a 360 spin onto the grass. And yup in the Ferrari.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2019, 08:56:55 AM »

I didnt even go near a hay bale that last one just a 360 spin onto the grass. And yup in the Ferrari.
I had a run in the Ferrari last night and after a spin at the top of of the hill opposite the lake, engine was gone and rear left tyre fully red (on damage display).
Weirdly, as I was coming to a stop the engine revved flat out despite not touching the throttle . . . then blew!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal