Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R2: Nurburgring GP Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R2: Nurburgring GP Post Race Chat  (Read 36040 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S15R2: Nurburgring GP Post Race Chat
« on: January 17, 2017, 10:20:42 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS

Lap 1 Penalties
I've reduced the ballast to 60kg, but it will be in both races.

Race 1:
Dave O ran into the back of RussG (which set up a bit of a chain reaction) - 60kg penalty.
Keith ran into the back of Simone - 60kg penalty.

Race 2:
Grat had a tiny rear-end slide into the side of Matthew when they were side by side, but it sent Matthew off the track. Because it was only a slight side-to-side touch, it's a racing incident.
Keith hit AJ in the rear under brakes - 60kg penalty.
Shameless hit Rob in the rear under brakes - 60kg penalty.

Round Points
Kcender87   62
Grat   62
Diehard   55
Marty   55
Matthew111   52
Shayne   51
Mael   51
Keith   50
RussG   48
nith   46
Wally   45
Seanus   44
Simone   42
Phil.8   41
Joe   37
AJ   35
ab156   35
Doobs   34
Dave O   29
Shameless   24
Vipergod   24
Jeremy   23
Chap111   22
Rob   21
Bacchulum   8

Congratulations to Marty and Grat on the race wins, and Kcender87 and Grat on the tied round win.

Season Podium
1. Kcender87, 68
2. Grat, 62
3. Diehard, 60

Team Podium
1. DA Racing (Grat and Wally), 107
2. Infinity+1, Shayne and Seanus, 103
3. KNR Racing (Keith and RussG), 98
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:06:13 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline nith

• View Profile
Re: S15R2: Nurburgring GP Post Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 10:27:57 PM »
Race 1 was a bit of fun. Ended up p7 from a midfield start. Did Soft Soft and really enjoyed it. Tyres going off towards the last couple of laps

Race 2 my PC froze on the final red light and came back to life just after it went green. Straight to the back of the field. Tried an early pit stop and tried mediums for the first time. Didn't suit my setup and i really struggled.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 10:36:36 PM »
Apologies to RussG in race 1 for the hit. Didn't expect the near sudden stop into turn 1 :-\
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 10:52:40 PM »
My night was a tad ruined by pedal issues. Started last night where I couldn't figure out why I was struggling so hard then found in the pits the throttle was sticking.

In practise i was 5th then really struggled in qualifying then saw throttle was sticking again and was a lot further down than i hoped.

Messy start in r1 running into two accidents. After that a pretty fun mainly holding simone up but by about lap 12 I could tell it was sticking again as i was locking up and missing apexes. I struggled on but then spun twice in the last lap losing 4 places.

Race 2 i put the pedal app up to see what was happening and this race most of the time i was only hitting 80% throttle with the pedal all the way down making passing really hard. Weirdly after my pit stop this didn't happen??

Sorry for the tap dave. Lost concentration while gettint annoyed with the pedals..
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:59:14 PM by Joe »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 10:58:34 PM »
Race 1 was good fun with some nice battles with Grat early then Kcender a bit later, I went mediums as long as I could and stopped when I saw I could still come out ahead. I then put on the softs and they were nice in pretty much a low fuel high grip qualy run.

Race 2 I went for the same strategy, I saw all others around me went for softs but I got a good start and the mediums were doing better this race with a bit more early pace. I then was pushing on to try and get as much of a gap as possibly to make up for my 9 second pit penalty. Unfortunately I made a silly error exiting the last turn and spun the car facing the wall, I needed to wait for the field to pass before getting going again. This stuffed my strategy and also did some front damage, with the pit penalty and being at the back I didnt have much hope but I pushed on stopping earlier for another set of mediums to try get out of traffic. I then passed a few cars to the line, it may have been interesting to see how the 9 second penalty would have effected the race had I not had the spin but thats racing lol.

Have fun all for the rest of the season and I will be back for season 16.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 11:00:45 PM »
This season has definitely not been working for me at all.  I'm struggling with heavy pain killers for the past 2 weeks which is leaving me with random shakes and dizziness.  I have been able to race a little off pace but things that happen in qualifying and race have been throwing me and have affected my race and concentration levels badly.  I didn't take any medication in the past 2 nights but I think it's still working its way out of my system.

Race 1 Lap times were 2:10s with a 100kg penalty I expected to be last and I figured it was probably best if I couldn't maintain a good pace. I ended up going from 24th to 17th in the first lap due to all the cars going off and nicely letting me through. But I soon came off myself with a dizzy spell and lost them all again back to last where I stayed. I struggle with this car, moreso with the 100kg,

Race 2 Lap times were 2:06s. It was like someone let go of the bungi cable....  I had trouble pulling the car up. I was so close to vipergod through every braking zone on the first lap. I pulled over to the left before the tight chicane without any intention to pass, just to not ram him up the arse and cause a major accident. Vipergod ended up braking later than I had anticipated and of course my car just wouldn't pull up and I locked it up only to punt off Rob :(  really sorry mate. I ended up lapping monotonously to the end as I couldn't catch AJ after my pit stop. 

I do think the 100kg penalty is a little harsh with this particular car. And the difference between race 1 and race 2 are at two ends of the scale with no time to settle in.. 2 laps and no qualifying so it was an accident waiting to happen. I would have preferred 50kg for each race or 100kg for both race to keep consistency. I don't want to have to practise 2 setups for 1 car.

At this point I don't know whether to keep going with this season or to quit as I don't want to ruin other players racing.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 11:04:24 PM »
Results up in 1st post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 11:05:37 PM »
I do think the 100kg penalty is a little harsh with this particular car. And the difference between race 1 and race 2 are at two ends of the scale with no time to settle in.. 2 laps and no qualifying so it was an accident waiting to happen. I would have preferred 50kg for each race or 100kg for both race to keep consistency. I don't want to have to practise 2 setups for 1 car.

At this point I don't know whether to keep going with this season or to quit as I don't want to ruin other players racing.
I am sure you are not ruining anybody's anything. It happened to all of us to have a bad pair of races, especially when going through difficult stuff out of the races. You'll get back :)

As for the 100kg: it seems a bit excessive to me too, to be honest. Maybe Wally can think a bit about this and see if 50kg might be enough of a penalty for causing a crash.

Don't give up, mate!

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 11:07:43 PM »
Grat had a tiny rear-end slide into the side of Matthew when they were side by side, but it sent Matthew off the track. Because it was only a slight side-to-side touch, it's a racing incident.
Yeah, I saw the reply, and even though I agree with Wally's decision, I should apologize to Matthew. Sorry. :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 11:08:40 PM »
Yes, both fair points. I've reduced the penalty ballast to 60 kg, but it will be for the entire next round, so at least you can get used to one setup.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 11:19:01 PM »
Solid results tonight.

Spun at the chicane in race 1 but had the presence of mind to keep the throttle buried for a 360 spin, no time lost trying to turn the car around  ;D  Kept out of trouble until the end to finish 10th. A shout out to Keith and Diehard for some clean passing during the last few laps.

Race two kept it clean for the whole race, no contacts or spins. Chased Shayne as hard as I could for most of the race, well driven!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:25:15 PM by Mael »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 11:22:32 PM »
Firstly, congratulations to team mate Grat! A great points haul for the team.

In race 1, I went with two medium stints. Race 2, I went soft-medium. My best times were still on the mediums (cracking a PB in the 2:03's), so I'm not really getting mucgh benefit from the softs.

Race 1, I got a hit in the rear from Keith in the slow esses at turn 2/3 on lap 4, spinning me, where I was then hit by AJ, which dropped me from 8th to 17th. That made for an uncomfortable race, with all my windows cracked and a little rear aero damage. I came out of the pits just behind Simone, ready for a fun battle, but at turn 3 on my outlap, I did a slo-mo spin losing the rear and ended up facing the barrier, having to reverse back, which killed any chance of a battle with Simone. Luckily for me, he copped a 10 second track cutting penalty, and I finished within 10 seconds of him. I was also gaining slightly on AJ with fresher tyres, but couldn't catch him.

Race was much better, with some good racing chasing RussG towards the end of the race. A sloppy couple of laps near the end stopped my chase, but still finished cleanly, up 10 spots from 17th to finish 7th.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 11:23:12 PM »
ps. Has the 10 second cut penalties been applied Wally?
Yep, you can see it in the race results.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 11:25:11 PM »
But it shows a penalty to me too, even if I did not have 4 cuts...

EDIT: indeed you gave me 28 points (5th). I thought it was penalty at the 4th cut (that's what the app shows). For example, Nith (7th) has 3 cuts as well, but no penalty, as it should be.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:29:10 PM by grat »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 11:40:58 PM »
But it shows a penalty to me too, even if I did not have 4 cuts...

EDIT: indeed you gave me 28 points (5th). I thought it was penalty at the 4th cut (that's what the app shows). For example, Nith (7th) has 3 cuts as well, but no penalty, as it should be.
Yep, something is not working right. Wally.... Ehm... has 3 cuts and no penalty too. While Simone has 3 cuts and a penalty.

I want my points back!!!! ;) 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal