Xtreme Gaming Network

Motorcycle Simulator....I did it!!! Yes yes yes

Author Topic: Motorcycle Simulator....I did it!!! Yes yes yes  (Read 3151 times)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Motorcycle Simulator....I did it!!! Yes yes yes
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 01:32:22 PM »
The controller is always the tricky part with bikes, isn't it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 04:11:34 PM »
The controller is always the tricky part with bikes, isn't it.
Yes, this is the best solution I have seen yet, using the transfer of your body weight to turn the motorcycle, as it is IRL. I think a mass produced mockup of  handlebars/tank /seat that could attach to a $20 carpenter saw horse would be good enough to use this control system.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 05:11:09 PM »

I've done two wheel physics and it does work, but it can't be used as the force feedback would need to be coded differently and we would all need very strong and latency free force feedback handlebars to control it.
 To turn a bike left you push on the left handlebar, initially this turns the handlebars right (Cog goes left though) but as the force builds up this goes back to the left and your angle of turn is determined buy how much force you are applying to the handle bars.
 This is not a linear relationship and that force varies with speed and all the other dynamics on a bike and indeed can reverse.

A bike is required to lean to turn but you DO NOT lean a bike to turn.
 Body weight is moved on a bike to alter the CoG but predominately it is to make sure you are in the right position to maintain those forces on the handlebars.
 You DO NOT lean/hang down off a bike, you lean/hang out perpendicular to the bike, which happens to be down as the bike is leaning.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 05:22:23 PM by Seanus »
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal