Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R3: Silverstone pre-race chat

Author Topic: S8R3: Silverstone pre-race chat  (Read 37193 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S8R3: Silverstone pre-race chat
« on: August 18, 2015, 11:21:14 PM »
This is one of the single race rounds (24 laps). With the fuel rates of the two cars being quite different, I've had to make it a 1 stop race, with a 2.4x fuel and tyre multiplier. There's no multiplier that will make both cars have the same number of stops over a longer race.

Weather Forecast: http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/United-Kingdom/Silverstone-Circuit.aspx

Entry List:
Matthew111
Guybrush Threepwood
Jeremy
Simone
Grat
Marty
Rolz
StanDaam
Gratulin
Wally
Bacchulum
Skaife
Bafs17
christopheraser
Freezer
Joe
Grubbet
Phil.8
Rob
Phil
Chap111
Imperious
JamieP

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:51:06 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S8R3: Silvertone pre-race chat
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 06:11:19 PM »
If you're interested, there a pretty detailed track temperature chart on a tab on the weather page, because it's an F1 track.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 07:23:34 PM »
Doesn't it pretty much always rain there, I think practice for a slippy track. Practice server is using the fuel and wear rate from race 2 at Zandvoort until these levels are set by Wally.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 06:44:59 PM »
Hi Wally,

are you going to enforce stricter track limits than PLP and AC give for Silverstone? I am thinking in particular about the exits of Stowe and Copse. I am fine both ways, but it would be nice to know while practicing.

Cheers!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 07:25:52 PM »
Hi Wally,

are you going to enforce stricter track limits than PLP and AC give for Silverstone? I am thinking in particular about the exits of Stowe and Copse. I am fine both ways, but it would be nice to know while practicing.

Cheers!
PLP can only work off what the game tells it, to know how many wheels are "off track". AC is very forgiving on some tracks, because entire green concrete runoff areas can be regarded as "on track" by the game. I try to keep at least one wheel inside the white lines, but PLP sometimes can't enforce that on those green run-off areas.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 09:13:24 PM »
Semi dumb question because I probably should know but which Silvertone is it...    ::)

Being all serious which SilverStone version is it so i don't stuff up and practice the wrong one from the map I still can't tell which version it is.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 10:48:21 PM »
Semi dumb question because I probably should know but which Silvertone is it...    ::)

Being all serious which SilverStone version is it so i don't stuff up and practice the wrong one from the map I still can't tell which version it is.

It's the full Silverstone version - not International or National.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S8R3: Silverstone pre-race chat
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 10:51:27 PM »
With the fuel rates of the two cars being quite different, I've had to make it a 1 stop race, with a 2.4x fuel and tyre multiplier. There's no multiplier that will make both cars have the same number of stops over a longer race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 07:52:45 AM »
THURSDAY - Team TKO racing, out of season contention due to the shock withdrawal of team driver Ysu, held a practice session at Silverstone with remaining driver Wally. Track conditions were similar to those expected for the upcoming race, with the temperature hovering around the 20 degree mark on a clear but cloudy day, an improvement over the damp conditions the drivers faced at Zandvoort last week.

”The boys improved the handling of the car for me,” said Wally. ”We made some suspension changes to stabilise the rear of the car and give us more drive out of corners, and also improved our aero package. It saw us get race times of 2:07.9.”

With the announcement of the changed pit stop rules for the race, TKO Racing also revised their pit stop and tyre management strategy. Wally would not be drawn on the question of tyre compounds, saying only ”we'll see what happens on race day.”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 10:00:13 AM »
thanks wally,  thats made me want a press officer also :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 10:12:47 AM »
Wally so much detail yet you missed the reason why Ysu was sacked? Im sure if we dont get an official story the group will come up with a believable one.  ;)

I changed up the practice server last nite to the race fuel and wear percentage, also made the weather a random mix of each of the forecast for next tuesday.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 10:55:20 AM »
Ysu left the team to ”take a break”, in an amicable split. Pay negotiations had nothing to do with it... allegedly.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 11:18:48 AM »
thanks wally,  thats made me want a press officer also :)

If you PM me some interesting gossip, I'll write a press release for you :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 11:35:33 AM »
ooooo  i need gossip
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 11:35:45 AM »
I thought I was in charge of creating gossips ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal