Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R3: Silverstone Post-Race chat

Author Topic: S8R3: Silverstone Post-Race chat  (Read 22130 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S8R3: Silverstone Post-Race chat
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 09:14:32 AM »
For a rookie like me, this feels pretty good.

How long have you been racing Grat? because your a shit load quicker than I am!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 09:25:32 AM »
Lol Stan, I think kim has been too lonery lately which is why he is picking a bit more of a fight with the south. Meant to be in Seol in a couple weeks but this seems in doubt at the moment which kind of sucks.

Interesting thing I found in the race was when not pushing as hard the fronts were going away more. First 2 stints mostly due to traffic ahead I was losing tyre temp and getting more graining causing more understeer.

Last stint with only a couple cars to pass and not being held up too much pushing close to qualy level the front end stayed good over the stint better. With colder temps and low grip it seems the best way to manage tyres is to work them as hard as possible.  ;D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 09:33:13 AM »
Thank you Joe. I am not that fast, but I admit I am surprised myself that I can almost stay with the big guys now--- definitely it was not true 2 or 3 months ago.

Not very long. I got AC in June 2014. But then I was out of the country from mid-July to February. When I got back I started racing MP for the first time on Marty's server (got banned after my first t1 at Monza, but luckily I contacted Marty and explained... so he got me back in--- looks like a silly thing, but otherwise I would have never got into MP, I think. Thank you, Marty).

I have no track experience at all, other than rental karts a few times, and I only used to drive on GP3 for a year or so when I was a teenager. But in've always been watching motorsports in TV, and I always wanted to understand better how it feels and why... I watched with great envy rfactor or gtl videos on YouTube for years. So when I read about AC being very realistic, and having finally a bit of money to spend, I thought this was the time to try. I don't hide it: in those 7 months abroad I have read everything I could find (a book and a million internet pages) and watched all the YouTube videos I could. I also think I benefited a lot from the regulars on Marty's servers: Marty, GB, Cherno, QC, Stan Daam... The last 1 second or so is beyond me still, but for the rest of the lap I just try to do as close possible to what they do and more or less it works... Well, not exactly: if I try to do what GB does I just crash. But the others I mentioned are a good example to follow.

Anyway: you'll probably change your mind about my speed after I destroy my tyres on the GX next week. :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:37:47 AM by grat »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 09:46:11 AM »
Good stuff Grat! I started in March so around the same time as you. Quite proud of my 291 AC hours in that time especially when juggling the job and two kids under 5  8)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 09:53:40 AM »
Well, Ferrari used to say that each newborn was 1 second... so you are faster than you think: 2 seconds faster, net of kids...

I think GB has a kid too, though. How fast would he go otherwise?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 11:12:32 AM »
Just took a look at the replay from last night and it clearly shows my car warping about 5 car lengths back into Grubbet. When I look at the replay from Grubbet's car it shows a 5 car length gap to my car and then suddenly my car warps back into him. The distances to all other cars in Grubbet's view remain constant. Only my car warps. In my car's view I am right behind christopheraser before the warp but many car lengths behind after the warp.

AC netcode really sucks  >:(

PS. Also, apologies to Grubbet. It really impacted his race as well.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:39:01 AM by Gratulin »

Rolz

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 11:40:59 AM »
my car warping about 5 car lengths back into Grubbet.

Actually that remind me to check my replay of last night as I saw a wicked warp that Jeremy did next to Staandam

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 11:48:14 AM »
I've raised an issue for it - for what it's worth...

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/severe-car-warp.26257/

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 12:59:37 PM »
my car warping about 5 car lengths back into Grubbet.

Actually that remind me to check my replay of last night as I saw a wicked warp that Jeremy did next to Staandam
I thought that was Jeremy's cloak of invisibility hack!!  :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2015, 01:24:34 PM »
I've raised an issue for it - for what it's worth...

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/severe-car-warp.26257/

I replied too. I don't believe you can simply point the finger at ”poor connections”.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2015, 02:33:26 PM »
Regards the warps if we get a few people to upload their replay file then the admins can take a look from a few perspectives. I will upload mine here and may be good if a few others upload theres. If there are a few replays here I could make a quick video showing the warps from multiple replay sources to see the difference between hiw others see it. Then it can show if it was just one person warp or a general issue with the code and server if everyone sees thibgs very differently.

Ideally getting a replay from those who were involved in the warps but also others nowhere near the location to see if its different.

I did post a thread regarding a big warp and they did tag it as working on it.

Rolz

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2015, 02:38:26 PM »
my replay editing knowledge is zero, my replay file is 500+MB so any hints and tips to reduce the size to just the warp section I can attempt.

Plus mine is a 3 screen replay if that helps or causes issues in viewing?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2015, 02:44:24 PM »
my replay editing knowledge is zero, my replay file is 500+MB so any hints and tips to reduce the size to just the warp section I can attempt.

Plus mine is a 3 screen replay if that helps or causes issues in viewing?

If you use WinRAR to compress the file you can make the file a fair bit more manageable, my full replay is 380MB was saved on high setting I think. Compressed is 118MB. You can also go in game and simply slide the start and end points of the replay, then press save and it will just show the part you want to highlight. You can then also compress this but you can easily make the file only a few MB if not showing much say 30 seconds or so.

Just say what lap the incident was on so others can capture the same section.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2015, 03:31:28 PM »
Just an odd observation, in case it means something: in my replay I do a micro-warp every time I pass on the finish line. Never noticed anything while driving, but in the replay it happens at any single passage.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2015, 03:59:16 PM »
My warp issue occurred at 2:28. You can clip the replay to just that segment in the AC replayer by dragging the GREEN tabs at the start and end of the replay progress bar and then do a "Save Replay". It will create a new filename or prompt you for a new file name.

It would be really interesting to see other client replay files since this warp is very obvious in my replay.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal