Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R4: Nurburgring GP pre-race chat

Author Topic: S8R4: Nurburgring GP pre-race chat  (Read 37618 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: S8R4: Nurburgring GP pre-race chat
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 12:19:33 PM »
Wally I think you might need to increase the track temp.  One of the settings had it at 14 degrees.  Even with a setup that put as much heat into the tyres as possible and driving to it, graining was at 20% after 2 laps (GX).  Either the track temps don't normally get that low or AC doesn't simulate tyre temp/graining very well when track temps are low.

Rolz

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 12:24:51 PM »
Was zero track temp this morning...  :o

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 01:07:03 PM »
I just checked the server config, and the two track temps are either 14 or 25, so I don't know where that zero came from.

I'll take the graining into account, GB.
Stupid graining.... *Homer Simpson voice off*
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 01:17:25 PM »
air and track were def zero - I was very hungover but pretty confident it was zero on both.

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 01:43:48 PM »
Yeah, Grat and I skipped to a race and it was 0 degrees.  Not sure if this was just an issue with the read outs and it was actually more... we skipped straight to qual anyway so didn't get to try.

I'm not sure if it's the low temp or the low grip that is causing all the graining.  Obviously low temp causes graining but I think low grip is like a multiplier.  I guess that's the issue at the moment trying to simulate wet weather - in real life the grip is lower but the friction is also a lot less due to the water so the track isn't as abrasive on the tyres, where as in AC you are sliding (even when you think you aren't) but the track is still shredding your tyres.  There is no lubricant.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2015, 03:22:05 PM »
There is no lubricant.

Where's Marty when you need him!

Rolz

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2015, 03:26:08 PM »
Is there a graining app or something you can load up to see this graining happening?

I'm still unsure about that part of the tire black magic happening...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2015, 03:54:30 PM »
Is there a graining app or something you can load up to see this graining happening?

I'm still unsure about that part of the tire black magic happening...

You can see it in the built in ”physics” app.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2015, 06:45:13 PM »
I just checked the server config, and the two track temps are either 14 or 25, so I don't know where that zero came from.

I think within the weather settings there is some randomness with temps you can set but I cant imagine it being 0 from 14 or 25 so its an odd one.

I didnt end up bringing my laptop but may get another in tokyo over the weekend. So server stuff will be all down to Guybrush and Wally but im sure they can more then handle it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 07:48:53 PM »
In the last couple of wet rounds, I couldn't flatspot the GX tyres, but it was a bit warmer. So in general, the low grip might not wear the tyres all that much.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 08:03:12 PM »

I think within the weather settings there is some randomness with temps you can set but I cant imagine it being 0 from 14 or 25 so its an odd one.

I didnt end up bringing my laptop but may get another in tokyo over the weekend. So server stuff will be all down to Guybrush and Wally but im sure they can more then handle it.

Talking about you servers how does minorating work? I've only ever seen it pop up to say I'm grade C but the only server with people on right now is grade A and B only so I can't join. Kinda sucks. I'll just do hotlaps on my own...  :(

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2015, 08:50:55 PM »
Joe weren't you just racing with us at Monza with the 458's?  That is an A+B server only.  Unless it was a different Joe.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2015, 08:57:31 PM »
Joe weren't you just racing with us at Monza with the 458's?  That is an A+B server only.  Unless it was a different Joe.

Wasn't me. There is another Joe that races on Marty's servers. I'm in the gt86 server trying to get me rating up  :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »

Wasn't me. There is another Joe that races on Marty's servers. I'm in the gt86 server trying to get me rating up  :)

To get to a or b you need to run a certain distance close to others to move up from A. So if most laps are ran in the practice server not very close to others you may not be able to get your rating up to a or b.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2015, 09:51:25 PM »

To get to a or b you need to run a certain distance close to others to move up from A. So if most laps are ran in the practice server not very close to others you may not be able to get your rating up to a or b.

Cool. Just had some nice close races with rolz so hopefully it will level up soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal