Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R5: Mugello GP pre-race chat

Author Topic: S8R5: Mugello GP pre-race chat  (Read 24409 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S8R5: Mugello GP pre-race chat
« on: September 01, 2015, 11:19:36 PM »
8 laps and 17 laps. Race 2 fuel and tyres at 4.2x (unless it's freezing cold again, in which case I'll reduce the tyre rate).

Weather Forecast: http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/Italy/Mugello-Circuit.aspx

Entry List
Bacchulum
Bafs17
Benana
Chap111
christopheraser
Freezer
Grat
Grubbet
Guybrush Threepwood
Imperious
Jeremy
Joe
Matthew111
Phil
Phil.8
Rob
Rolz
Simone
Skaife
StanDaam
Wally

Practice server is up with a couple of weathers: hot and mild, both dry.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:27:57 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S8R5: Mugello GP pre-race chat
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 08:39:05 PM »
Had a look at RSR and WR is pretty strange: last sector is 3 seconds faster than everybody else... What should I understand?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 09:10:53 PM »
Had a look at RSR and WR is pretty strange: last sector is 3 seconds faster than everybody else... What should I understand?
Could be a bug. It's not unknown for RSR to have had some bugs.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 12:29:45 PM »
Looks like its going to be 22 degrees and sunny at Mugello.  It is befitting the mankini I don for race nights.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 02:06:46 PM »
The car definitely feels nice around here. Was nowhere near Grat's pace last night though!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 03:38:10 AM »
Looks like its going to be 22 degrees and sunny at Mugello.  It is befitting the mankini I don for race nights.

Are you beginning to overdress these days, a mankini is much more then nothing I think.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »
mankini?

Anyone tonight for a lap or two?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 01:46:09 PM by Simone »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 01:46:03 PM »
mankini?

You can't see Guybrush's leopard skin print racing boots in this shot.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 01:46:49 PM »
....yak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 02:11:13 PM »
It looks better from behind.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 04:39:07 PM »
A put together a track guide video.  Not the best lap, but may be useful?

[youtube]pb3pw-2gnvI[/youtube]

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 05:13:36 PM »
A put together a track guide video.  Not the best lap, but may be useful?

[youtube]pb3pw-2gnvI[/youtube]

Excellent stuff Guybrush! Seeing the final lap was really good. Maybe you could throw some slomo in on some of the corner guides (although the replay controls are a little fiddly).

As we've seen from your telemetry in the past, it's amazing how late you brake and how early you get on the throttle. If I (and probably most of us), try to brake that late, I can't seem to pull the car up. I think you have mastered how much brake pressure to put on to get the maximum stopping effect without locking up, whereas most of us are probably too tentative on the brakes.

Also, if I get on the throttle as early as you, I seem to understeer off too easily. Maybe that comes down to setup.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 06:02:24 PM »
Thanks Wally.  Yeah, I'm not sure the best way to put the video together.  Next one instead of pausing I might just do a super slow mo through the corners.  You get a much better understanding of wheel and throttle inputs with slow motion as well.

At it's most basic I think a car setup is a trade off between oversteer and understeer.   If you want less understeer in some particular corners it usually means you will have more oversteer in other corners, IMO.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 07:48:10 PM »
First of all, thanks for posting the video.

Funny eough, I was watching the video and noticed your braking points were all a few meters earlier than mine... So I was wondering what I was doing wrong, as---and with sincere modesty: I am proud to say so---all the rest seemed to be spot on (bar, of course, the fact that I fuck it up once per lap). Then I figured it out: you're doing the same lines and the same throttle, but with half the rear wing I need for that! I don't know how you keep it on track, as your top speed is like 10km/h higher than mine. No wonder you need to brake a few meters earlier. :(

I am not too sad of where I am, but my pb on optimal conditions of 1.48.9 is still very far...

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 08:32:08 PM »
First of all, thanks for posting the video.

Funny eough, I was watching the video and noticed your braking points were all a few meters earlier than mine... So I was wondering what I was doing wrong, as---and with sincere modesty: I am proud to say so---all the rest seemed to be spot on (bar, of course, the fact that I fuck it up once per lap). Then I figured it out: you're doing the same lines and the same throttle, but with half the rear wing I need for that! I don't know how you keep it on track, as your top speed is like 10km/h higher than mine. No wonder you need to brake a few meters earlier. :(

I am not too sad of where I am, but my pb on optimal conditions of 1.48.9 is still very far...

Thanks Grat.  A 1.48 is a very good time, most of the top guys on RSR are in the 48's.  Well done.

This setup may help.

EDIT: I fear for the worst on Tuesday night.  I haven't had a race yet where my system has had some major stuttering and freezes.  Funny thing is that the freezes only started happening since I updated RSR today.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:44:26 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal