Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun race, Oct 6: FR 3.5 (HDF) at Zandvoort

Author Topic: Fun race, Oct 6: FR 3.5 (HDF) at Zandvoort  (Read 14776 times)

Rolz

Re: Fun race, Oct 6: FR 3.5 (HDF) at Zandvoort
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 09:15:12 AM »
Well I'm glad we had that last night... next season will be pretty full on!

I think it was Bacchulum who said it about consistency... very tough...
If I can stay on the track for the whole race, I'd be willing to forgo 1-2 seconds off my PB time...

;D

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 10:00:54 AM »
yes, I need to learn not to try and do qualy laps every lap and settle down a bit :)

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 10:15:51 AM »
Hah yes I was doing the same last night, pushing too hard in the race. First race I did I spun off and wrecked the car in the first lap, and second race I was doing well for 5 laps keeping up with the lead pack only to make the smallest of errors not braking quite enough into one of the corners and wrecked the car again.

What's the deal with the car pulling away in 1st? The first time I tried this car it was very slow to get going from a standstill it you just put it in 1st and tried to pull away. Last Tuesday it wasn't like this at all, I could just put it into 1st and pull away without any issue, even though Wally mentioned the slow start for him on TS. Last night it was back to being slow to pull away again. Can't work out why last week it pulled away like any other car. Makes the start pretty difficult as you have to get the revs pretty high before popping into 1st and I either spin the wheels or the revs drop off and I get a shit start.

Rolz

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 10:25:17 AM »
couldn't have put it better myself Phil!!  :P

The starts were hard - first one I jagged - have the revs up around 6k and then I plays with the throttle wheel spinning until I got grip...

2nd one I tried using the clutch - I think this one is more forgiving, but needs practice as you have to feed clutch out as well as pop it into 1st gear.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 12:03:56 PM »
I'm glad it was fun. I deliberately chose one of the harder tracks.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2015, 01:51:45 PM »
Well I'm glad we had that last night... next season will be pretty full on!

I think it was Bacchulum who said it about consistency... very tough...
If I can stay on the track for the whole race, I'd be willing to forgo 1-2 seconds off my PB time...

;D

That's going to be the key, I think. Take a bit of pace off to get consistency. It should be interesting... there will be rewards for pushing a bit harder, if you're willing to take the risk.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2015, 02:30:10 PM »
Going back to my comment about the car being sluggish to pull away in first. At one point in a qually session I spun into the gravel with no damage, but I couldn't get the car to move out of the gravel. Trying to pull away just didn't work, and putting it in neutral, giving some revs and shifting up didn't work either. After 5-6 attempts I retired to the pits.

I'm unsure if it's a bug as I definitely didn't have this with the car last week.

Rolz

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 03:01:28 PM »
Going back to my comment about the car being sluggish to pull away in first. At one point in a qually session I spun into the gravel with no damage, but I couldn't get the car to move out of the gravel. Trying to pull away just didn't work, and putting it in neutral, giving some revs and shifting up didn't work either. After 5-6 attempts I retired to the pits.

I'm unsure if it's a bug as I definitely didn't have this with the car last week.

Is it maybe the car and the gravel... like when real cars get stuck in the sand trap?  :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2015, 03:40:55 PM »

Is it maybe the car and the gravel... like when real cars get stuck in the sand trap?  :)

Yeah, but the sluggish start thing even on tarmac didn't happen to me last week, and I can't see why.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2015, 05:19:05 PM »
I got fought out in race 2 when following close behind another car and lost front end grip when I didn't expect it. Went off into the wall. Is the aero downforce affected when following a car?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 05:55:07 PM »
I had good, if intense, fun last night.
I still haven't even pushed for a qual lap yet, just working on consistency.
Kept it on the black stuff all night (except for when a lapped car shunted me off! :P)
 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2015, 07:17:07 PM »
maniac

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 08:08:04 PM »
I got fought out in race 2 when following close behind another car and lost front end grip when I didn't expect it. Went off into the wall. Is the aero downforce affected when following a car?
I'm not sure about that yet.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 08:55:27 PM »
I think it is,  sure felt like it when following close,

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal