Xtreme Gaming Network

S26R3: Monza

Author Topic: S26R3: Monza  (Read 14339 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S26R3: Monza
« on: January 29, 2019, 11:18:53 PM »
Congratulations to Mael and Bird on the race wins, and to Bird on the overall round 1. With me in a slower car and Mael and ab156 in the faster 911 R, the standings have closed up leaving me with a slim 2 point lead over Mael.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Bird   74
Mael   70
ab156   67
killagorilla   62
Wally   57
RussG   56
Grat   55
Keith   53
Freezer   50
AbleArcher83   45

Penalties - $300
None.

Season Standings
1. Wally, 138
2. Mael, 136
3. ab156, 132

3 x 10 laps.

Car Dealer
Don't forget to rent your new car, before 6:00pm next Tuesday! The car dealer will be closed at 6:00pm next Tuesday.

Practice server times
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 11:07:17 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S26R3: Monza
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 09:29:26 AM »
It's going to be an interesting round. I've been in the cheap(ish) Carrera for the last two rounds and done well, moving me to the top of the points, but cash poor. This round, I'll still be in the Carrera, racing against a GT3 RS and a 911R. I don't expect to do as well, so people will catch up points-wise, but then I'll get cash for the final round at the twisty Magione. A longer season would be quite a see-sawing affair. You'd have to time your sees and your saws :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:30:49 AM »
Poor planning, Wally.
A fast car would be more beneficial at Monza than at Magione. :-X

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 11:31:03 AM »
I have been wondering if the car wally has last week would be good at Monza with its straight line speed
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 12:40:35 PM »
Poor planning, Wally.
A fast car would be more beneficial at Monza than at Magione. :-X
But I'm already 11 points clear in the points,so I can absorb a worse result in one round.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 02:22:08 PM »
A bit of dodgey going on on the practice server. ???
Humais, current leader, only slowed down once between the start and Lesbo1. :o
JEAN_RODGER's lap seems to be OK though. :'(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 03:51:35 PM »
A bit of dodgey going on on the practice server. ???
Humais, current leader, only slowed down once between the start and Lesbo1. :o
JEAN_RODGER's lap seems to be OK though. :'(
Yes, this definitely looks dodgy!

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 10:00:57 PM »
I will be away fire permitting this week
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 09:35:42 AM »
I'm struggling a bit here in the Carrera. The car feels quite different to how it felt at Zandvoort. The back wants to come around a lot more. I guess it's the bigger radius turns.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 10:30:08 AM »
I've done a few laps in the Carrera S and the Cayman GT4 last night and figured I'm way behind the faster cars.
It seems this concept can be pretty tricky. I lost a race and a car last Tuesday because of the incident with Mael. I don't see myself at fault at all. So writing off race two, then start from the back in race 3 would be punishment enough I'd think. However, this thing pretty much writes off 3 races the following week on top of that...just for being in the way of someone. This is not about nagging at Mael...I'm over this, no probs at all. I fucked up Able's race myself after that...things can go wrong...that's just the nature of racing.
In this particular case in a proper competitive season it can be pretty demoralising though...5 races messed up because of someone else's mistake.
Just an opinion. I understand this is all about testing this out.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 12:36:31 PM »
I've done a few laps in the Carrera S and the Cayman GT4 last night and figured I'm way behind the faster cars.
It seems this concept can be pretty tricky. I lost a race and a car last Tuesday because of the incident with Mael. I don't see myself at fault at all. So writing off race two, then start from the back in race 3 would be punishment enough I'd think. However, this thing pretty much writes off 3 races the following week on top of that...just for being in the way of someone. This is not about nagging at Mael...I'm over this, no probs at all. I fucked up Able's race myself after that...things can go wrong...that's just the nature of racing.
In this particular case in a proper competitive season it can be pretty demoralising though...5 races messed up because of someone else's mistake.
I crashed into nobody and I still can only afford a Carrera S or a Cayman Gt4. And I even tried to keep driving the normal cayman for two rounds to "make" some money. I am not sure I see what is demoralising you.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 02:01:37 PM »
I crashed into nobody and I still can only afford a Carrera S or a Cayman Gt4. And I even tried to keep driving the normal cayman for two rounds to "make" some money. I am not sure I see what is demoralising you.
That's because even in the cheaper cars, you've still managed to sit in 3rd place in the season standings, so you don't "need" a faster car. Similarly, killagorilla is only 3 pts further back in 5th, so has been doing well in the Carrera.

Don't forget, a real season would be longer than just 4 rounds too, so there's more time for things to even out and for strategies to play out.

I am leaning towards having an entry fee each round too, which will have the effect of slowly making people lose their fast cars if they keep winning in them. Lower placed drivers will still make a profit and be able to afford faster cars, but the top place getters will slowly go backwards in the money stakes if they keep winning.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2019, 03:54:32 PM »

Hm, ok, I thought the wrecked car prevents me from getting a faster one at Monza just because my overall performance last Tuesday was rather poor. If that's not the case I must have simply misjudged the situation.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 05:43:31 PM »
That's because even in the cheaper cars, you've still managed to sit in 3rd place in the season standings, so you don't "need" a faster car. Similarly, killagorilla is only 3 pts further back in 5th, so has been doing well in the Carrera.
Ehm...., I know, Wally. I was... sarcastic, I guess.

Killa: basically---the poorer your performance, the better the car you get.

PS: monza is tough if your car is so obviously slower :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 06:19:35 PM »
Server's up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal