Xtreme Gaming Network

Hungaroring Race Chat (Jan 7)

Author Topic: Hungaroring Race Chat (Jan 7)  (Read 9983 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Hungaroring Race Chat (Jan 7)
« on: December 18, 2013, 12:45:13 PM »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Hungaroring Race Chat (Jan 7)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 06:59:46 PM »
For mid season testing  ;)

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 07:59:47 AM »
What is this NKP thing again? I'd better get some practice in ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 06:31:22 PM »
Wally, I assume we're sticking to the FIA, 'between the lines', track rules?
Here, you can gain advantage at turns 1, 4, 5, 11, 12 & 14 (see attached replay for clarification) by running wide on exit, ie. all 4 wheels over the white line.
If any are exempt it should be noted, as it may make noticable difference to lap time.

NOTE:
the lap in the replay isn't a quick one, just an example of the corners I mentioned. ;)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/814lw83gkpye2zw/gibson_ftarget_hungaroring_wide.7z

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »
Wally, I assume we're sticking to the FIA, 'between the lines', track rules?

Yes, at least 1 wheel within the white lines.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 11:20:46 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Stats
Season Standings

Penalties:
Race 1, lap 2: Dion/Ninja was a racing incident, but I reckon Steve had time to realise a collision had happened in front of him and not hit David G in the rear, so Steve(-2) and David(+2)
Race 2, lap 9: Glenn/Dion tangle looked like an unfortunate side-by-side unsighted incident

This round was my best points haul for the season, likewise for Jamie and Ninja.

Round points:
Wally Masterson   34
David Gibson   31.5
Jamie Passlow   28.5
Glenn Frost   25.5
Dion Ware   23.5
obeone ninja   22
Stephen Perryman   20

Season 13 Championship Podium
1. David G, 165
2. Glenn, 133
3. Wally, 121.5

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 11:40:45 PM »
Apologies to Dion tonight, he got loose on the grass to the left and I thought he was going to veer back on track so I swerved right to avoid him.  Thinking then that he had spun, I moved back over but to my surprise he was still there and we tangled wheels.  We were on for a good result at that point. (:
R1 I ran low downforce but it didn't work out as I was slowly loosing the front two in the bends.
R2 Ran high with a much better result and was able to hold second until "the incident".
Wont be around next week but c u all for the last round.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 08:04:39 AM »
Sorry for missing last night guys, but I had my internet drop out for most of the day. Re-booted PC and Modem several times but couldn't get it working, no idea what went wrong, but up and running again today.

cya next week.

rob

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 01:33:24 PM »
Bad luck Rob.

Race 1, I qualified on pole and lead from woe to go, managing the gap  back to  Jamie, looking after my tyres.

Race 2 I was more in the thick of it, with the reverse grid and more ballast. I was chasing Glenn pretty hard, with Jamie pressuring from behind. I had an over steer moment which overheated my rears, softening me up for Jamie's pass as my tyres cooled, but he gave it back to me soon afterwards. I was gifted  the win by Dion's and Glenn's coming together, with Jamie still hot on my heels till the end. Race 2 wasvery good. 

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 05:15:10 PM »
The lap charts are wrong Wally, from another race with 13 starters.

A lonely old night for me, I didn't think the ballast would hurt so much here (not like I anticipate at Montreal next week) but 43's were the maximum.
It was fortunate (for me) that the field was small as the expected 2nd lasts became 5th's.
Having the second one improve to a 3rd within half a lap of the chequered was just extra bonus. ;)

At least I didn't head-butt a spring.....

2+2=√16

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »
All good Glen. My fault the lap b4 for mucking up a corner and letting you catch me.
The incident was just one of those things (couldn't stop laughing afterwards)

Ninja and i were having a dingdong of a battle till he dropped connection.
Thought you were a bit hard on Steve Wally as Ninja and i both stopped on T1 after our touch

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 10:59:46 PM »
The lap charts are wrong Wally, from another race with 13 starters.
Thanks, fixed.

After the Dion/Ninja accident, DavidG who was next on track had time to react and slow, but then Steve came along after that hard into the rear of David. It looked to me like Steve had ample time to see what was ahead of him on track.

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 02:29:29 PM »
I like this track but had not run this version of it yet. after a few laps and tweaks on my base setup, I had reasonable pace and pretty consistent too. Ended up qualifying second (thanks to those who couldn't make it) and got to see a race from the front of the grid.

I didn't have the pace to catch Wally in race 1 but was happy with my pace and consistency.

Race 2 was great fun. I was slow in the opening 2 laps but settled into a rhythm and was slowly catching Wally as he was battling with the 2nd place car. On the second last lap Wally spun up the tyres which gave me a huge run on him down the back straight. I managed to make the pass but then gave the place back as I spun up the rears on the penultimate corner and couldn't hold my place into the last corner.

All in all, I had a great night it was nice to have some clean track. I had my best night to date by far and can't wait for Montreal next week.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal