Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R2: Blackwood Post-Race

Author Topic: S21R2: Blackwood Post-Race  (Read 12561 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S21R2: Blackwood Post-Race
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 08:14:52 PM »

I have just acquired a track car which will be in my shed in a couple of weeks so that may take up some practice time that I dont get anyway :D
Tell us more :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 09:03:38 PM »
Bought myself a 1995 WRX with a twin turbo driveline and brakes from the 2001 Liberty B4. Has a few STi options and coil-overs. Not a bad little start for a track car but still some work to do. A bit of dyno tuning to get the lag out between turbos and upgrade the brakes to the STi Brembos. Should be a bit of fun a few times a year. Track days, motorkhanas and the like

Couldn't turn it away for $1500. Opted out of my BMW project and will concentrate on this one

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 10:04:46 PM »
That's sound pretty cool
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 10:42:06 PM »
Had a horrible night this round. No balance, no feel, no consistency and no grip. Going to play with the FFB settings this weekend and see if I can get some sort of feel from the wheel.

Have you tried FFBClip?
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffbclip-app.7910/
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 11:05:46 PM »

Have you tried FFBClip?

Just had a run with it then and it was a vast improvement. Much clearer feedback. Still learning the track but feels a lot better and 10x easier to catch a slide

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 11:13:13 PM »

Have you tried FFBClip?

Just had a run with it then and it was a vast improvement. Much clearer feedback. Still learning the track but feels a lot better and 10x easier to catch a slide

Cool mate.
I know we have different wheels, but I won't run without it :)
Have a play with the options.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2018, 08:20:42 AM »
Bought myself a 1995 WRX with a twin turbo driveline and brakes from the 2001 Liberty B4. Has a few STi options and coil-overs. Not a bad little start for a track car but still some work to do. A bit of dyno tuning to get the lag out between turbos and upgrade the brakes to the STi Brembos. Should be a bit of fun a few times a year. Track days, motorkhanas and the like

Couldn't turn it away for $1500. Opted out of my BMW project and will concentrate on this one

That was cheap!   Well, it'll cost a bit more on the long run anyway, hehe.   Feel free to start a thread to share the project details, for one, I'd be happy to read it.

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2018, 09:17:49 PM »
That was cheap!   Well, it'll cost a bit more on the long run anyway, hehe.   Feel free to start a thread to share the project details, for one, I'd be happy to read it.

I'll start a thread when I get it and keep everyone updated as I go, with photos of course

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal