Xtreme Gaming Network

"Occasional Sunday Racing"?

Poll

Please show your interest in "Occasional Sunday Racing"

YEAH!
9 (60%)
I'll have a genuine discussion with myself and family.
3 (20%)
No, I do enough now, but thanks.
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: February 15, 2016, 09:07:21 AM

Author Topic: "Occasional Sunday Racing"?  (Read 37248 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: "Occasional Sunday Racing"?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 12:20:53 PM »
I also dont see much point in driver swaps until properly implemented and we have 60 people wanting to race. Id rather do a solo hour and half race with 30 cars then half of that with only 15 or 12 cars going by current tuesday turnouts. Enduros likely would attract less again so pretty pointless to mess around with odd driver changes atm I think.

Bathurst 12hr is on this week maybe a gt3 enduro at Bathurst to kick things off. There is a better Bathurst (cough rip from SMS ISI) and quite fun to drive with the brutal walls. Not sure how many would survive an enduro there though as most would need to back off a fair bit to get around for an hour and half with no wall rubs.

I think Christophers suggestion of f1 races is good and we could maybe have them to match real world races upcoming or just past. Do f1 circuits if we have good ones in some of the f1 cars and maybe also do some gt3 following the big real world races such as Bathurst, Spa, Nords, Monza mixed in between the open wheelers.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 12:32:23 PM »
I don't think you're ever going to get 60 drivers or even 30.  I doubt the field will probably ever be more than 20 drivers, but you never know if there is interest from other leagues (probably not likely if we can't find a way to do driver swaps as others already have longer races).
We could try just a solo enduro, I'd be up for that as well, but it might rule out a few more as I know the longer races put some off without a break.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 06:55:53 PM »
I think you dont need a driver stop if you can run a single stint in the car, GT3 cars can do around an hour and half on fuel and id rather have an enduro with no exaggerated multipliers driving solo. If we do 2hrs plus races then yea driver swaps but I dont see that happening too soon anything from 1 to 1 1/2 hours would be fine solo. Driver swaps arent used in f1 anyway and only Gt sprint races would be an interesting method to do shorter 1hr races with 2 drivers. As there are no driver swaps in AC an not really planned I think its better off just focusing on the solo enduro races. On a tuesday we pretty much run an hour and half anyway with hardly a stop so it wouldnt be all that different, you could even have qualifying another nite or an open qualy session on a server to set the grid if people didnt want to run 15 minutes of qualy prior to a longer race.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 02:12:48 PM »
1965 Australian Grand Prix?
26 laps of Longford in the Lotus 25. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 02:32:28 PM »
There's only about 4 corners per lap at Longford! Shouldn't be too difficult ;)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 03:00:42 PM »
I doubt my knees could do the 70-odd minutes, but that's ok, there's less chance of the gearbox lasting that long. :P

2+2=√16

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 06:11:31 PM »
How about tribute races to the big ones that are on throughout the year? For example, this weekend we could have done a trimmed down version of the Bathurst 12 hour (maybe like a 1/10th scale race, so 72 minutes), and when the LeMans 24 hours is on we could do a 144 minute race at LeMans. Just a thought  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 08:04:41 PM »
How about tribute races to the big ones that are on throughout the year? For example, this weekend we could have done a trimmed down version of the Bathurst 12 hour (maybe like a 1/10th scale race, so 72 minutes), and when the LeMans 24 hours is on we could do a 144 minute race at LeMans. Just a thought  ;D

Yea a Bathurst 1.2hr would be cool and something along those lines following big worldwide race series either open wheel or tintops. LeMans is a track I never liked its just pretty much going straight for 98% of a very long lap.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2016, 08:18:42 PM »
That can still be a bit spooky in the Sauber C9 full bickies, especially passing. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 08:35:26 PM »
That can still be a bit spooky in the Sauber C9 full bickies, especially passing. 8)

Very true.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 08:42:05 PM »
Off the top of my head other ones we could do might be:

* Monaco when the GP rolls around,
* Isle of Man when the TT is on (although the AC version of the track isn't exactly fantastic in my humble opinion),
* Bathurst 100 when the 1000 is on
* maybe even a Hill Climb event at Pikes Peak (although the best version of that track I know of currently only has 8 pitboxes).
* Macau GP
* Nurburgring 24 Hour
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 08:46:59 PM by AJ »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 10:20:29 PM »
you are good at this AJ :)   you have so many ideas you can help Thursdays if you like and keep pumping new Ideas out if you ever want a job :))

we could run miniature versions of any of these ideas for Thursdays ,  i.e Bathurst 50 or something
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2016, 01:01:01 AM »
Happy to keep working on ideas mate  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 03:13:37 PM »
you are good at this AJ :)   you have so many ideas you can help Thursdays if you like and keep pumping new Ideas out if you ever want a job :))

we could run miniature versions of any of these ideas for Thursdays ,  i.e Bathurst 50 or something

Thursday suck for me but a Bathurst 1.2 hr would be interesting, I think I will jump on that server again after todays race. Would be nice to see a few in there though we cant really run an organised race as yet with no prior plans. Maybe next sunday afternoon we could try a Bathurst 1.2hr if people are keen, the track has 36 grid spots so can put a good selection of cars up and it could be run as an open race just using minorating AB grades to filter who can enter the server. Or alternatively just have it passworded with a list of cars, people interested could say which gt3 car they want to run and I could make sure there are plenty available of those people request and a few extras.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2016, 11:46:57 AM »
Raced a few laps at Bathurst last nite with a few guys, would be fun in an enduro here.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal