Xtreme Gaming Network

ACC News

Author Topic: ACC News  (Read 123348 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: ACC News
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2018, 03:34:13 PM »
So - new graphics card + cpu, new screens, new wheel!!

What GPU do you have Gratulin? And you can never have too many wheels anyway?  :D
AMD R9 290X - so I am overdue for an upgrade.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2018, 04:53:31 PM »
So - new graphics card + cpu, new screens, new wheel!!

I've got a feeling the focus would be on development for VR, so a "live dash" is more important than triple screens  :P

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2018, 08:54:05 PM »
I just gave it a quick go.

Initially I thought I wasn't going to be able to try it at all as my pedals were inverted and I couldn't find the option for inversion. It was there just had to click in the right place.

With my GTX 970 and the default EPIC graphics settings at a triple screen resolution I had around 30fps and it was choppy. I set everything down to medium which gave me somewhere in the mid 50s so would need to drop some things to low to achieve a constant 60.

I tried two of the different wet weathers and couldn't see any rain at all. The track was wet and slippery but no visible rain so not sure why that was. There was the sound of it hitting the car but nothing to be seen.

Without proper triple support it's not worth trying any further at the moment as the stretched view was giving me a headache after just a few laps of testing.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2018, 09:15:36 PM »
My 980 also gives about 30FPS - in the sun, anyway. Joe, I find the triple screens OK. I had to fiddle with the FOV and the distance.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2018, 10:01:17 PM »
I did change the fov and distance but found it a bit annoying when looking for an Apex on a side monitor as things didnt really line up. hopefully they can do something for triples soon.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2018, 10:37:05 AM »
I gave it a longer go last night after toning down the settings for my aging 980, and reducing the FFB strength, and it's growing on me (despite Lambo at Nurburgring being the shittiest possible combo). The graphics are great, the sounds are a lot more detailed. The physics doesn't feel much different, but I'm sure the challenge will be to eke out the last tenth of performance.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2018, 04:28:54 PM »
Well, it better be worth it. :-\
I sacrificed my weekly beer rations to buy it. :'(

2+2=√16

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2018, 04:39:54 PM »
I for one know what a sacrifice that is for you on a Friday night ;D
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2018, 04:43:48 PM »

Looking forward to hearing if its worth it or not
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2018, 05:50:48 PM »
Interesting feedback from christopher zoechling(professional race driver, having raced in Blancpain Endurace in the Lambo GT3, Porsche Carrera + Super Cup, 24h Daytona, 24h Nuerburgring, 24h Spa)
 impressions starts at 22 min - 3hours:

Try and watch 20mins worth at least, very interesting to hear his thoughts, he might be an iracing fanboy bit still interesting

-Track elevation is good, details "bits and bumps" are missing compared to iracing
 - curbs are off compared to real life, to flat
 - handling ok, not blown away
 - sound 8/10
 - Tire skid sound is way to loud/unrealistic, you dont hear tire sounds insight the car at all (only in road cars)
 - graphics: iracing looks more realistic gets colours better, to saturated
 - reflection in the window is to much
 - "75% bake bias???" changes it to 64% ("feels way better...")
 - starts comparing laptimes to real life (1:54) and iracing (1:50 "jesus christ")
 - why does every sim drive so difficult, "its not as difficult as sim devs make it out to be"
 - "There is no light here in real life, no Assetto Corsa no! Watch the nurburgring 24h race stop adding light when there is no light, if you want to make a sim give us a sim and do your research"
 - "2. half of the track, no light good job!"
 - points out various FPS issues day/night/ replay mode
 - Points out a curb that you can take in real life without spinning, "AC the way you handle curbs is a litte mhh, there is a bump there in real life but not that bad"
 - game is 6.5/10 at the moment for him
 - he will fire up AC/iracing the next time and compare it
 normal rain: starts to run the real life wet lines and runs the dry lines afterwards in comparison
 - "no grip why is there no grip" "touching the white line or curb should kill you, nothing happens here"
 conclusion: wet line is slower, dry line is a lot faster (3.2 sec faster) "its fun im enjoying myself but its unrealistic"
 - FFB feels good, nothing amazing
 - AI has a good pace (100/100 skill/aggro), starts a overtaking challenge by starting from behind "oh i like the ai" (ai defending) "oh im really enjoying this btw"
 - "This is growing on me, earlier i wanted to quit and now im driving again, it definitely got something im enjoying this"
 - Schumacher S has a model error, there is no bump touching the gravel with 2 wheels kills you
 final rating 6.5/10, iracing is the benchmark 9/10
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 05:56:40 PM by Phil.8 »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2018, 05:51:20 PM »
Perhaps we need an ACC forum section?

For those playing on triples you can edit the hud file in Documents\ACC\Config to move the hud elements into the centre screen.

I have 1920x1080 monitors. The values below set

1. the track map to bottom left;
2. laptime to top right of right monitor and
3. the other 2 elements to top and bottom right of centre monitor

"safezoneLeft": 1520,
   "safezoneTop": 15,
   "safezoneRight": 1920,
   "safezoneBottom": 15,

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »
Regarding comments on tire noise in sims. He is totally correct of course regarding real life. However in real life you FEEL what is happening through the car. In a sim you only have 3 senses - steering wheel, sound, visual. So tire sound is there to tell you what is happening with the tires since you cannot feel it in a sim.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2018, 06:05:39 PM »
Regarding comments on tire noise in sims. He is totally correct of course regarding real life. However in real life you FEEL what is happening through the car. In a sim you only have 3 senses - steering wheel, sound, visual. So tire sound is there to tell you what is happening with the tires since you cannot feel it in a sim.

I thought that was the reason also

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2018, 06:16:05 PM »
58.30 mark, cool comments about the night racing,  not so good about the curbs :(

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2018, 06:32:35 PM »
58.30 mark, cool comments about the night racing,  not so good about the curbs :(
Why don’t you stop reading reviews and go drive it!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal