Xtreme Gaming Network

WheelCheck, LUT Generator and FFBClip for impoved FFB

Author Topic: WheelCheck, LUT Generator and FFBClip for impoved FFB  (Read 21709 times)

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
WheelCheck, LUT Generator and FFBClip for impoved FFB
« on: August 30, 2019, 09:51:46 AM »
Hey Guys, after talking to Phil and Dave_O after Thursday's Fun Run I thought I would post this.

Although not strictly an AC App, WheelCheck works well with any wheel and combined with LUT Generator and FFBClip I now have my ageing old G25 feeling the best it ever has.

The attached links are a walk through for a G29 but most of the wheels available today are cover by WheelCheck, even some direct drive wheels are covered (I think).

Race Department Thread here:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/

YouTube video here:

It looks a bit daunting and will take about 10 minutes but if a dinosaur like me can do it, anybody can. The effect is subtle but definitely worth the effort.

The only thing I can add is that I used Content Manager to do "Steps 7 and 8." If you go this route don't forget to save your Controller setup in CM otherwise AC will revert back to Gamma settings for the controller.

I also use FFBClip that prevents ...... umm, FFB clipping. This is just the icing on the cake to ensure that you lose none of that yummy FFB.

Hope this helps somebody
Cheers guys

p.s. If FFB feels too light around the centre, increase MIN_FORCE. I am undecided whether to leave it at 0 or increase it to about 10. At 10 I think it starts to mask some of the more subtle forces. YMMV.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:53:34 AM by rob »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: WheelCheck, LUT Generator and FFBClip for impoved FFB
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 06:12:13 PM »
Thanks rob, will have a go at setting it up
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 08:52:15 AM »
Especially ideal for wheels that are not linear eg, logitech and other low/mid range wheels, it made quite a difference with my g920. I tried this with my fanatec v2.5 when I first bought it, but it was not necessary and won't be for direct drive, I just use the ffb clip now.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 11:10:10 AM »
Thanks for the good write up Rob. I played with WheelCheck years ago and as a result set min force to 3 or 4 % on my T500RS. I used to fiddle endlessly with FFBClip, but now I don't bother. I have a relatively low gain, and my wheel never clips. I just set the gain once and fuggedaboutit. A good real world test on AC is to deliberately flatspot a tyre so you feel the wobble in your wheel. If you can still feel the wobble from the flatspot while cornering hard, your wheel. Is not clipping. Also, if you flatspot your tyres badly but can't feel the wobble driving on a straight line, increase your min force.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 09:23:24 PM »
Oh well, it looks like it will only benefit those, like me, who have crappy old wheels. Still, I hope it helps someone.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal