Xtreme Gaming Network

S34R1: Queensland Raceway

Author Topic: S34R1: Queensland Raceway  (Read 10335 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S34R1: Queensland Raceway
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 11:50:25 AM »
There was a bit of a situation and a possible contact with a Nissan before the left hand turn at the inside. He was trying to pass on the outside, but then went off. I was aware of that and thought I left enough space there, but maybe I misjudged this situation. Sorry if it really was my fault (haven't watched the replay). Cheers
That was me...  I felt at the time like you squeezed me, but the replay shows I was moving around a little bit also.  All up it was only a small touch but it sent me flying across the grass  :'( :'( :'( :'(

All up the Nissan was pretty strong, can definitely hold its own in a straight line.  I ran off in turn 3 whilst looking at my guages and the bump with Killa, but aside from that I would have been a pretty strong first fun. 
The bump on turn two was a problem that I kept having and couldn't really unleash the Nissan down that long straight but overall happy.  Bring on the long tracks :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 12:37:50 PM »

The bump on turn two was a problem that I kept having and couldn't really unleash the Nissan down that long straight but overall happy.  Bring on the long tracks :)
I found if you took a late apex and kept tight on the inside, there was no bump. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2020, 12:45:52 PM »
TLDR , so sorry Mael , I am trying hard to be better.

First of a HUGE Apology to Mael for race 2 stuff up.

I deliberately broke earlier and was trying not to get too close so was shattered when i hit you. It ruined a good 4 way battle . If i ruin my race, oh well ,  but i hate ruining other peoples races.
Been making a concerted effort to drive more consistently and safely the past few weeks , I have turned off all timers so I can't see my delta times which stops me from subconsciously hot lapping during a race.
I feel like I am getting better consistency , On Monday probably had my best two races consistency wise in ACC and felt again on tuesday night they were better then my usual offerings all tho still having an off track here and there but fewer of them .  Tuesday was mostly due to over eagerness on the throttle when side by side on corner exit trying to keep up down the straights. Umm not the mazda's strong point had a few really good battles with Bradc in the Jag  it was really hard to pass , but once in clean air the mazda pulled away nicely.

Even tho after stuffing up with Mael and being at back of the field, after Freezer had an issue found myself upto 7th and was slowly catching those in front , felt my self tiring made a few minor mistakes, slowed down a little to let Freezer go , so as not to cause an issue with him. Then ran out of fuel :) .

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2020, 02:06:10 PM »
There was a bit of a situation and a possible contact with a Nissan before the left hand turn at the inside. He was trying to pass on the outside, but then went off. I was aware of that and thought I left enough space there, but maybe I misjudged this situation. Sorry if it really was my fault (haven't watched the replay). Cheers
That was me...  I felt at the time like you squeezed me, but the replay shows I was moving around a little bit also.  All up it was only a small touch but it sent me flying across the grass  :'( :'( :'( :'(

All up the Nissan was pretty strong, can definitely hold its own in a straight line.  I ran off in turn 3 whilst looking at my guages and the bump with Killa, but aside from that I would have been a pretty strong first fun. 
I see...strangely enough I didn't feel an impact at all. I moved slowly to the right intentionally in order to get the best possible line with you being on my right. The idea was leaving you enough space on the tarmac...then I just saw you flying off on my right screen...a pity it turned out like that.

Offline davereid

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2020, 02:30:02 PM »
fark - dont get me wrong, im sure my technique has a lot to improve :P but hollyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhell i was bad compared to the whole pack!

chrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrist!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2020, 04:07:56 PM »
TLDR , so sorry Mael , I am trying hard to be better.

No to worry Jarmel, I enjoyed the racing.

But I do want to appeal the results. I managed to outlast Jarmel by 200m and deserve to get 10th place  ;D

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2020, 04:44:06 PM »
fark - dont get me wrong, im sure my technique has a lot to improve :P but hollyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhell i was bad compared to the whole pack!

chrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrist!

Dave, I think the bigger cars like your VL and my big cat struggled around this place and I fear the next round at Blackwood will not be a lot different....but come LeMans and the wide open spaces of Conrod Straight then it might be a different story  8)

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2020, 05:09:45 PM »

chrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrist!

Dave, I think the bigger cars like your VL and my big cat struggled around this place and I fear the next round at Blackwood will not be a lot different....but come LeMans and the wide open spaces of Conrod Straight then it might be a different story  8)

First thing I did when testing those cars was to reduce the toe on the front to about -.05 , reduced camber to about -2.6 . and on the rear gave them .05 negative toe and camber around -1.7 . I doubt it makes them faster but it certainly helped me brake better and made the rear more controllable which in turn made me go faster as could be more consistent in them. But they still weren't fun for me to drive .
PS: I also did stiffen the front suspension and the anti-roll bar a notch or two , which kept the camber and toe settings a bit more consistently in the good zone while driving.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 06:25:51 PM by Jarmel »

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2020, 05:12:15 PM »

But I do want to appeal the results. I managed to outlast Jarmel by 200m and deserve to get 10th place  ;D

I do think i was further along the last straight than you were , If you didn't roll backwards them maybe you might of got me. :P

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2020, 05:30:31 PM »
If it makes you feel better Jarmel, I remember a series where I hit just about every other driver once, and Freezer closer to 5 times! :o
This was despite trying to stay clean over racing from round two. :-[
You're not that bad.

Besides, you only hit Mael, doesn't really count. :P ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2020, 06:02:00 PM »
Ye guys good fun!!!  I had a ball with the skyline no worries,hahaahhaaaa noice!!!! I qual in the middle of the pack,and that was expected and in race 1 i was really enjoying myself when ...ye....i tried to make a move and obviously i must have miscalculated because i missed the braking point and i almost destroy the race of other driver,but ye,i managed to save the day.

Race 2 was great mate!!!! Unfortunately at 5 laps to go the throttle shit itself allowing me to use only 70%.It has happened before but never through a race.  well..... you know what?  i had a ball regardless and i can`t wait to kick arses next race!!!

the throttle is fixed :-* :-* :-*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal