Xtreme Gaming Network

Nords 2hr Enduro Results

Author Topic: Nords 2hr Enduro Results  (Read 19033 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Nords 2hr Enduro Results
« on: May 09, 2017, 10:45:28 PM »
RACE RESULTS

1. Kcender87
2. Marty
3. Matthew111

Fastest lap by Kcender - 8:15.250

Well done to the podium and well done to all finishers! 13 of us, I think.

Kcender and Marty are the only guys who had no contacts. The record for contacts was Seanus with 29 (car and environment), followed by Russ with 27.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
Re: Nords 2hr Enduro Results
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:57:29 PM »
Nice consistent race for me just ran my own race for most part until the end of my stints rolz would close up, Had a nice moment with rolz on the second last lap but the exit of aremburg its apparently called I somehow clipped his bumper trying to tuck back in behind which for all money looked like he was way past but it sent me sliding down a wall to disturb my race kinda annoying at the end but it didn't do anything anyway so all good tried hunting him down on the last lap, I started closing in but unfortunately his 911 snapped on him so that was a cheap inheritance of 3rd place :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 10:59:26 PM »
Sorry guys. Despite it all, I manage to jump in and even had a nice start, passing Rolz in the first few corners. A bit after Flugplatz, my PC went crazy with really a lot of stuttering. I completed a properly heroic first lap hoping it would pass, but when at the end of the lap it was still there, I realized I could not handle it and I would have surely spun in front of all soon and ruin the night for all.

A shame. But at least it gave me a pair of hours to keep working on fixing the pc. I knew there were still one or two things I had to take care of, but they seemed minor and I did not have time last week. I think I have made a bit of progress tonight. Some encouraging signs. Maybe the light at the end of the tunnel... ehm, the Dottinger Hohe at the end of the tunnel is near...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 11:11:38 PM »
Good race to all finishers, I saw Kcender start on softs and saw his early pace which was just way too quick, once he got a stop ahead by lap 5 especially as I started light to maybe get a jump on him in the early laps I knew my race was done. Then when I saw he crossed the line by the end of lap 15 stopping early and leaving 5l in the pits from my 120l max to make just over 14 laps I needed a quick splash with one to go. I luckily just stayed ahead of Rolz and Matthew after that but the mediums after 10 laps or about 85 minutes were not at their best.  I couldn't make the softs work in the audi at all and chose that over the mclaren as I liked it more on the mediums, didnt really think 2 stops on softs would have been that much quicker but no blankets probably helped that out more getting to temp sooner but still Kcender was just too quick. Even without a wheel in the dirt over the distance it wasn't enough, I maybe could have gone 1 second per lap quicker with a bit more risk but was over 60 seconds down before needing the extra stop so it would have made no difference.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 11:25:46 PM »
I ran hards for this race. I planned on one stop, but I was too damaged after a crash into the barriers after the Flugplatz jump, which saw Bacchulum up my clacker. Sorry if I was all over the shop there, but my windscreen was smashed, and suspension was damaged with my steering wheel at an angle. I made it back to pits for repairs, but only fixed the body and not the suspension, which fixed my damage, but left the steering wheel crooked. I also switched to Mediums for a short stint.

I was vaguely around Bacchulum, Russ and Steven for some of the race, but ended up taking out the "Loneliest" award for the race, as for a lot of it there was no one in sight. Near the end, Steven was hard behind me, flashing his lights at me. Maybe he thought I was lapped traffic, but I was 9th and he was 10th, and I wasn't seeing any blue flags. He seemed pretty desperate to get past, but ended up losing time with some mistakes when he pushed too hard. On the penultimate lap, the two of us were still battling for position, with a couple of passes each, but unfortunately he ran out of fuel before the last lap.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 11:28:14 PM »
Qual ended up being 10th. struggled with getting the setup right all week.. finally got one i was stable with a low aero...but when tyre blankets were off I had to up pressures by 1 all round and raise aero to 4.  Wasn't bad unless i really pushed hard then the rears got too hot.. had a few light taps in the wall so barely a scratch.. few times i lost the rear but managed to keep it off the wall.. Held off Jeremy for a lap and a half,, but he had more grunt and speed up the hill than me in his Huracan so I pulled to the left and 3 laps or so later he pulled out of sight but later must have crashed and quit.  I Passed Mael under slipstream and managed to hold 6th for half the race, Mael pitted one lap before me but I stuffed my pit up next lap and lost time.. he passed me and I couldn't reel him back in. I tried but everytime i pushed I would lose the rear.  Settled for 8th overall so pretty happy,, fastest I could push for was an 8:30.3., crashed when those who had finished starting chatting to each other on ts.. thankfully only near medium damage so car was ok after it spun and tapped the wall twice..

--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 11:38:05 PM »
Great fun this one - knew Marty was going to have some proper consistent pace so had to do some strategy math to create a buffer. Math suggested a 2 stopper with softs the whole race would end up 5 - 8 seconds faster over the 15 laps than 1 stopper and meds. Trade off is the tyres start to go a bit sloppy half way through the pit in lap (ie 3 times during the race) - benefit is you can run a lower average fuel weight but any real mistake would negate the benefit of the strategy. Risk seems to have paid off. Congrats to everyone that made it through the laps - the concentration for a 2 hours stint here is right up there. 24 hour with driver swaps anyone? (that is a joke - please do not do a 24 hour race :P)

Rolz

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 07:55:26 AM »
Firstly thanks for setting this up Wally, thanks Marty for the practice server and thanks for inviting ROOZ to take part!  :)

Certainly toughest event I have done to date... anyone else felt like that message up the top of the screen (Leader has 2 laps...) felt like ages?? :P
Thank goodness I had the intuition to just add a few more litres to my pitstop fuel load before starting or I would have been close to dry by the end.
My tires were stuffed by the end... (sidekick said high 50's on the tire bar)

I was shattered by the end of it... my wrists were so sore...

Congrats to Kcender87 for the win, that pace over that long was impressive! Nice work Marty and Matthew111 for the place.

Cheers again to Matthew111 for some awesome close racing for such a long period! Thanks also to UnFknBLievable for keeping the pressure on...

Top stuff to all that completed this mammoth event! Sorry to see you drop off grat, I was looking forward to racing you again :)

Cheers all :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 07:59:44 AM »
anyone else felt like that message up the top of the screen (Leader has 2 laps...) felt like ages?? :P
Yes! When I realised I had to still do one more lap, my heart sunk just a little. :)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2017, 10:32:04 AM »
when tyre blankets were off I had to up pressures by 1 all round and raise aero to 4. 

I decided to go with no changes for the lower temperatures but for some reason the car had no pace for the first few laps. I lost almost 10s to you on lap two, 5s on lap three before matching your laptimes Shameless. I pushed as hard as I could on the outlap and expected to sneak out just in front of you, was pleasantly surprised with the gap after your stop.

Shayne had some damage which allowed me to make up a whole pitstop over the last 50 minutes, next time do a pitstop and repair the damage Shayne!  ;D

Offline stevenngo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 10:48:49 AM »
He seemed pretty desperate to get past, but ended up losing time with some mistakes when he pushed too hard. On the penultimate lap, the two of us were still battling for position, with a couple of passes each, but unfortunately he ran out of fuel before the last lap.

Haha my ping was very unstable and couldn't trust myself to get too close, it was a good race Wally while it lasted

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 10:49:11 AM »
In the 650 I found it was about 3-4 seconds per lap faster softs vs mediums but as Kcender said it went away a bit by lap 5. Seems practice with blankets made me not realize how much slower the mediums would be to get to temp over softs. This extra time meant they grained more and so lost another 4 or more seconds per lap. At 3 seconds per lap over 15 laps with no errors the softs would be quicker then mediums but the audi was cooking rears on softs and was barely faster then mediums so it wasnt really an option.

I didnt think I would lose 40 seconds over 5 laps which meant even if I went longer first stint I would have not stayed ahead where possibly it could have effected kcenders strategy a bit. Trying a short first stint to get an advantage and losing 40 seconds pretty much dashed all hope. He likely still would have passed easily me with nearly 10 seconds per lap advantage on fresh tyres so unless he made a mistake he made the best strategy choice especially as on mediums the audi probably had the edge over the 650.  ;)

anyone else felt like that message up the top of the screen (Leader has 2 laps...) felt like ages?? :P
Yes! When I realised I had to still do one more lap, my heart sunk just a little. :)

Seeing I had fuel for 14.5 laps going 15 wasnt exactly what I wanted to see lol. It does make it interesting and I would like to see main season races go to a time in some seasons especially if the format is based on time which most recent seasons have been. Trying to save 5l of fuel wasmt worth the 20 seconds lost adding the fuel with 1 to go.  :-\

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 10:58:19 AM »
Yes, time based races are interesting and I'll certainly add some next season.

Offline stevenngo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 11:00:55 AM »
Any plans on another enduro?  :)

I started to regret voting for a 2 hour enduro as the race got closer but it seems that racing online is much more engaging and you don't get fatigue as you do when you drive solo

Had to help out in the kitchen and couldn't finish till minutes before the race begain so I didn't have time to make it into teamspeak, luckily I managed to join the server as the race was starting

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 11:03:32 AM »
when tyre blankets were off I had to up pressures by 1 all round and raise aero to 4. 

I decided to go with no changes for the lower temperatures but for some reason the car had no pace for the first few laps. I lost almost 10s to you on lap two, 5s on lap three before matching your laptimes Shameless. I pushed as hard as I could on the outlap and expected to sneak out just in front of you, was pleasantly surprised with the gap after your stop.

Shayne had some damage which allowed me to make up a whole pitstop over the last 50 minutes, next time do a pitstop and repair the damage Shayne!  ;D

haha it wouldn't of helped much. I had one crash before my pitstop. The car felt ok, maybe loose a bit but as a whole it felt ok so I wasn't going to repair it. After my pitstop I crashed about 5 times or something, it was a pretty ordinary performance really, I'm surprised the car still felt ok after all the crashes. My wheel was still straight at the end and my window wasn't cracked. I bounced off some walls pretty hard at times too. The last few crashes all happened in about 2 laps and thats where you were able to pass. My tyres were absolutely ruined and I was sliding everywhere by the end. My tyres ranged from 30%-40% left. I don't think I've ever raced in AC with tyres that have been so worn down.

I was fiddling with my fuel levels just before the race and forgot to fill it back up so I started the race with only 80L out of the 120L tank. When I pitted I filled it, I could of actually gone one lap longer before needing to fill but I thought I had enough to finish the race, with that extra lap I ended up needing to pit again on the last lap to make it to the end.

It was a good event, thanks Wally! Next time I'll make sure I do more practice. I wasn't really ready for taking on nords in the Audi this time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal