Xtreme Gaming Network

Pit lane penalty app: 2.00

Author Topic: Pit lane penalty app: 2.00  (Read 190252 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Pit lane penalty app: 2.00
« on: January 15, 2015, 11:07:00 PM »

DOWNLOAD ATTACHED BELOW
Unzip into your Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa folder, replacing any existing files

Version 2.00 (Feb 18 2021)
  • A cut track is now only issued if you've gained time compared to your average time taken for that section. If there are not enough lap times recorded yet for that section, falls back to the old style cut detection.
Version 1.28 (Feb 7, 2019)
  • Fixed not counting cuts after a non-timed race is over.
Version 1.26/27 (May 10, 2018)
  • Read number of cuts from server name if present.
Version 1.25 (Apr 25, 2018)
  • Made the off-track red/green indicator bigger (size controlled by setting in PLP.ini).
Version 1.21 (Mar 16, 2017):
  • New config settings so that the app is only enabled (i.e. only sends chat messages) on Tuesdays and on servers that have "XGN" in their names.
Version 1.20 (Mar 9, 2017):
  • Don't issue cut track warnings in qualifying.
Version 1.19 (Mar 4, 2017):
  • Don't detect cuts on the first race lap.
Version 1.18 (Nov 24, 2016):
  • Performance improvements (reduced stutter on new car/track combos)
Version 1.17 (Nov 13, 2016):
  • Stop cuts in a dirty pit lane like Nurburgring.
Version 1.16 (Nov 5, 2016):
  • Added the possibility to have separate config files for different days of the week (which we probably won't take advantage of here at XGN)
  • Added a race timer which starts counting up at the race start (which we may use on Thursdays as a handicapping system).
Version 1.15 (Jun 26):
  • Added an ENABLED_DAYS setting in the PLP.ini file. This is enabled on Tuesdays only by default.
Version 1.14 (Jun 2):
  • Fixed the lights going off early for some people due to an AC 1.6 bug in "sessionTimeLeft".
Another 1.13 (May 9):
  • Fixed the app not appearing for a small number of people.
A newer version 1.13 (Apr 25):
  • You can edit FLAG_POS in PLP.ini to move the flags to the left or right of the screen.
  • Moved the flags below the AC flags.
  • Changed the flag images to use the AC ones (with additional text)
Version 1.13 (Apr 24)
  • Use the new inPitLane variable rather than the pit limiter to detect that a car is in pit lane.
  • Added optional flag images in the top left corner of the screen for cut track warnings and drive through penalties.
Update - version 1.12 (Apr 6):
  • Only issue jump start warnings on lap 1 (hopefully to get rid of weird jump start warnings from previous sessions)
  • Briefly show the start lights when the app is activated.
  • Hide the start lights in all sessions except for race.
Update - version 1.11:
  • Fix third party imports (hopefully to fix Vipergod's problem of the app not appearing)
  • Stop jump starts from being issued on transition to the next session (now you can't jump start until after the AC lights have gone out).
Update - version 1.10:
  • Don't issue cuts after the race is over.
  • Better detection of car being in pits.
  • "Jumpable" start lights and penalties for jump starts.
Update - version 1.8:
  • Made the pitstop detection a bit more reliable.

Update - version 1.7:
  • Log what lap a pit stop was taken (lap number when you entered the pits).

Update - version 1.6:
  • Updated for AC 1.3.

Update - version 1.5:
  • Enable penalties for speeding in pit lane.
  • Added a 10 second delay between cut track penalties.

Update - version 1.3:
  • Uses tyre dirt level as well to make "wheels out" detection more accurate.

Update - version 1.2:
  • Shows app for 10 seconds on-screen before it becomes invisible, so you can see where the app is.
  • Shows a red marker when you're off track and in danger of getting a cut. When the marker goes green, you've slowed down enough to not get a cut track warning.
  • Saves the top speed for each car/track combo, for more accurate cut detection in the first lap.

Update - version 1.1:

This version of the app now gives you a 10 second time penalty added onto your race result at the end of the race every 4th cut (after 3 warnings). You do not have to take a drive through penalty. Just keep racing. You will get 10 seconds added onto your finish time at the end of the race.

Update - version 1.0:
  • Cuts are now reported in hotlap mode.
  • If you get a cut track warning in qualifying, the app flashes a warning "INVALID LAP, SLOW DOWN" for the remainder of the lap, or until you slow down to 50 kph. The app can't automatically invalidate the lap if you cut - the onus is on the driver to discard his invalid lap by slowing down.

New version is attached.

If you slow down to less than 90% of your exit speed at any time while you're off track, it won't be counted as a cut no matter how fast you rejoin the track. This gets rid of some cut warnings that shouldn't have been penalised because you slowed down enough while off track.

In the previous version, if you left the track at 200kph, stopped, then rejoined at 200kph, it would have been called a cut. It's not in this version.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:54:54 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 0.9 for download
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 08:26:29 AM »
I reckon the next step will be to parameterise these things :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 10:28:25 AM »
I reckon the next step will be to parameterise these things :)

The various numbers are parameterised in plp.ini. The algorithm needed this tweak to avoid some false cuts.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 11:22:02 AM »
ah ok, nevermind me I'm just talking out of my ass

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »
okay.... bigger cuts @ ~ 89% speed...  :P
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 02:35:31 PM »
In the previous version, if you left the track at 200kph, stopped, then rejoined at 200kph, it would have been called a cut. It's not in this version.

I would like to see where someone could do that, It would be fairly hard to rejoin the track at 200kmh if you had stopped. Though if you have a big off or spin it would be quite likely to re enter at a higher speed then you exited, you may only be doing 100kmh going backwards or some odd angle then stop and rejoin at a much higher speed then you went off at.

Is it possible to code so if you ever stop completely or go below a certain speed such as 30kmh or maybe a little quicker it would not activate a cut when re entering at any speed. I dont know what the slowest corner in AC is but the speed to deactivate cuts would need to be a little slower then this even though its unlikely someone would be abusing just the one corner with a very low min speed. It probably wouldn't be an issue.

I have noticed quite a few people get drive throughs in the last few fun races and even Wally got one in the last race I think. ;D With mod tracks however the way the track boundaries are set may be a little different and so it may give more warnings.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 06:07:25 PM »
Those numbers were just to illustrate the point. Bottom line is, if you slow down enough while off track, it won't register as a cut, regardless of how fast you re-enter the track.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.1 for download
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 05:37:09 PM »
New version to download in the opening post!

I changed the app to have an option to add a time penalty at the end of the race, instead of taking a drive through. We'll be using the time penalty option, which I will add to your race time in the results. You do not have to take a drive through penalty.

I did this so that if you get a penalty, you can just keep racing (and having fun) instead of taking a potentially race ruining drive through.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 06:57:02 PM »
New version to download in the opening post!

I changed the app to have an option to add a time penalty at the end of the race, instead of taking a drive through. We'll be using the time penalty option, which I will add to your race time in the results. You do not have to take a drive through penalty.

I did this so that if you get a penalty, you can just keep racing (and having fun) instead of taking a potentially race ruining drive through.

Great addition Wally.  I gather the time penalty will depend on the cut, but in general would we be talking a +5 second penalty?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 07:52:25 PM »
It'll be +10 seconds after 3 warnings. I.e. instead of 3 warnings and then a drive through, it's 3 warnings then +10 seconds.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.2 for download
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 12:36:31 PM »
There is a new version 1.2 for download in the first post. This is an optional download - but the features all make life easier for you.

• Shows app for 10 seconds on-screen before it becomes invisible, so you can see where the app is.
  • Shows a red marker when you're off track and in danger of getting a cut. When the marker goes green, you've slowed down enough to not get a cut track warning.
  • Saves the top speed for each car/track combo, for more accurate cut detection in the first lap.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 12:56:22 PM »

Would this not be better if it saved this on a valid PB lap? First lap is not necessarily a quick one so may not show this best. But if this is just being used for the warning indicator per user rather then actual cut detection it shouldnt make much difference.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
    • AC Admin
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 01:08:03 PM »

Would this not be better if it saved this on a valid PB lap? First lap is not necessarily a quick one so may not show this best. But if this is just being used for the warning indicator per user rather then actual cut detection it shouldnt make much difference.

No, it saves the top speed for each car/track combo at any time - not just on the first lap. It's all in the comma :)

Rolz

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »
    thanks Wally :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
    • AC Admin
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 06:41:11 PM »
    I reckon the little red/green indicator is a really handy guide to tell you to slow down to avoid a warning. Thanks for the idea, Bird!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal