Xtreme Gaming Network

S25R3: Atlanta Journal-Constitution Grand Prix at Road Atlanta 2017

Author Topic: S25R3: Atlanta Journal-Constitution Grand Prix at Road Atlanta 2017  (Read 28639 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Matthew takes pole position and the race win to take a commanding lead in the standings, with rival Grat missing this round. Movers up the leaderboard include Mael and Russ.

RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Matthew111   30
RussG   24
Mael   20
Shayne   18
Phil.8   16
ab156   15
killagorilla   14
Wally   13
Bird   12
bradc   11
Joe   10
Keith   9
AbleArcher83   8
Freezer   7
Seanus   0
Rob   0
Doobs   0
Bacchulum   0
buellersdayoff   0
Jeremy   0
Simone   0

Congratulations to Matthew on taking out pole position, the race win and fastest race lap.

Penalties - 15 second post race time penalty next race
I’m going to have to ping Freezer for the start straight collision with Brad, as he moved sideways across the track to get around a slower car in front, but ended up colliding with Brad who was driving in a straight line beside him, in breach of the “stay on your side of the track in the opening 2 corners” rule – penalty.

At turn 1, Russ drifted wide across the track on corner exit and bumped Phil off the track, causing him to lose positions – penalty.

Bacchulum collided with the rear of killagorilla, sending him off track – penalty.

Jeremy had a big warp into Joe.

Season Standings
1. Matthew111, 59
2. Grat, 45
3. Mael/Shayne, 38

Round 3 takes us to Road Atlanta  [TRACK]. This race has ONE mandatory pit stop. You can pit more than once if you want/need to.

Fuel multiplier will be 1.5x (fingers crossed  :-X )

[youtube]HWfoSKc8jYo[/youtube]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 10:49:56 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S25R3: Atlanta Journal-Constitution Grand Prix at Road Atlanta 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 10:55:17 PM »
To boost the Short Tails a bit, I've swapped the 50% restrictor for 30kg ballast on the practice server. This gives them a little bit of a leg up in terms of lap times for better parity, and the ballast slows them down in corners but doesn't make the top speed suffer as much as the restrictor (thanks Seanus for the suggestion).
In only a few laps each on default setup and a full tank, I did a 1:20.1 in the long tail, and a 1:20.8 in the short tail.

As a consequence, I'll also make the fuel multiplier 1.35x.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 11:00:53 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 08:01:57 AM »
I've only just reset the practice server to 1.35 x fuel, so if you've done fuel calcs based on laps prior to now, please re-check.(you'll be able to do 1.11x more laps on a tank compared to before).

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 05:33:49 PM »
I've only just reset the practice server to 1.35 x fuel, so if you've done fuel calcs based on laps prior to now, please re-check.(you'll be able to do 1.11x more laps on a tank compared to before).
Cool, I guess the Short Tail can one stop now  :o ;D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 05:54:13 PM »
will be interesting if the mazdas stand a chance now. russ was so much faster through the corners last week and the only way I could keep ahead was accelerating out of them

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 06:48:10 PM »
will be interesting if the mazdas stand a chance now. russ was so much faster through the corners last week and the only way I could keep ahead was accelerating out of them
Yeah, the Mazdas look a bit slow on the practice times. But then they also have a much quicker pit stop.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 08:36:35 PM »
Yeah, the Mazdas look a bit slow on the practice times. But then they also have a much quicker pit stop.

I just did a few laps and was doing comparable times to the short tails. This track is a shit load of fun in this car though pushing hard I only manage a few laps before I write the car off  ;D :o

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 08:42:36 PM »
what wing you running ?
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 08:46:35 PM »
what wing you running ?

Whatever was in the initial setup you gave me. I think I messed with the diff a little bit before R1, but other than that nothing else changed.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 08:57:29 PM »
cool  I was trying 3/18 here,  will try the original 1/11
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 06:16:52 AM »

I see you found some extra place Phil!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 06:34:20 AM »

How? I'm 3 seconds off the pace :(

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2018, 08:02:02 AM »

In the laps I did I found pace in a few places. T1 you can take a lot faster than I originally thought. I brake just before the cones and not for too long then swing in what feels early to hit the apex. Getting a good exit on the tight right onto the back straight can easily make 0.5 sec. Also on my fastest laps I was completely flat through the last two corners which can be risky!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2018, 08:25:18 AM »

In the laps I did I found pace in a few places. T1 you can take a lot faster than I originally thought. I brake just before the cones and not for too long then swing in what feels early to hit the apex. Getting a good exit on the tight right onto the back straight can easily make 0.5 sec. Also on my fastest laps I was completely flat through the last two corners which can be risky!

Thanks Joe. I think the best I can hope for is that the faster guys crash and burn, and slow but steady wins the race.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2018, 10:05:42 AM »

Thanks Joe. I think the best I can hope for is that the faster guys crash and burn, and slow but steady wins the race.
There are a lot of places to make mistakes here, and if you do you tend to find a wall!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal