Xtreme Gaming Network

Bucket list: future season ideas

Author Topic: Bucket list: future season ideas  (Read 81140 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Bucket list: future season ideas
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2015, 08:50:51 AM »
Not sure if I really get the reason for soft tyre min in race. Real series in gt3 dont run softs very often if at all and would never run these types of softs in a race. They are useless on lap 1 and useless from lap 3 and get way worse.

A gt3 season would be fun I dont really think it needs such a silly thing to ruin the races.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2015, 09:40:19 AM »
Not sure if I really get the reason for soft tyre min in race. Real series in gt3 dont run softs very often if at all and would never run these types of softs in a race. They are useless on lap 1 and useless from lap 3 and get way worse.

A gt3 season would be fun I dont really think it needs such a silly thing to ruin the races.
I haven't tested the softs to see how long they last. It's just an idea at this stage. I like how it works in the V8 Supercars, where some guys are on softs while others are on hards, and can go charging through the field for as long their tyres last. It makes things interesting. If softs only last a very few laps, the idea could work with mediums and hards.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2015, 09:57:10 AM »
You can try the gtc as it runs the same softs as gt3. Gt2 cars you could do this as most tracks you can get 5 or 6 good laps quicker then medium tyres then they start to fall off.

The gt3 tyres start at 90% then you need to try to prepare the outlap in a way you still have some grip by the end of the hotlap and they will be shot by the start of the next lap.

I did a few laps on rsr in the gtc and found it frustrating trying to get tyre temps and pressure for the hotlap and still stay above 98% grip for the last 3 turns. Medium tyres for this reason can lap quicker then softs at silverstone with regular wear rate. I was getting 100% a bit too soon so should have gone even slower but was doing outlap around 2:30 for a 2:04 hotlap.

If you perfect the outlap you will get a gain but this includes driving half pace for the first 2/3 of the lap.

The GX runs gt2 tyres and the softs will last much longer, gt2 super softs are also longer lasting then gt3 softs yet give better grip.

With gt3 you can do the same thing v8s do by forcing 2 compounds med and hard during a race. I think disabling gt3 softs completly is a better option so people dont end up doing the very slow outlaps in qualy as this can gain lots of time in the hotlap at many tracks if running the gt3 softs.

The current season would actually be more interesting at 100% wear as this would allow the gx to run softs in the shorter races or part of the longer races. As is I think mediums with these higher rates are best in both cars so everyone ends up doing the same. It couod be possible to do a 2 stop on softs in the gx vs 1 stop on meds for the longer race.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:01:11 AM by marty »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2015, 04:21:16 PM »
For the next season, I'm thinking of:
  • Formula Renault 3.5. It's been a long time since we've raced open wheelers. From the British F3 site: ”The typical race weekend format includes free practice sessions, qualifying and three races of 30 minutes with race 2 a reverse grid format.”
There's your answer Wally. ;)
No need to worry about soft/hard tyre/min pit stops/etc., just old skool nKP ballast. ;D 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2015, 04:45:05 PM »
For the next season, I'm thinking of:
  • Formula Renault 3.5. It's been a long time since we've raced open wheelers. From the British F3 site: ”The typical race weekend format includes free practice sessions, qualifying and three races of 30 minutes with race 2 a reverse grid format.”
There's your answer Wally. ;)
No need to worry about soft/hard tyre/min pit stops/etc., just old skool nKP ballast. ;D 8)
You don't fool me! THAT was a bump.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2015, 07:09:30 PM »
Just doin' some laps at Monza, thought I'd give the cars some love, they deserve it. :-*

That and we're doin' GT cars at the moment. ???

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2015, 08:44:10 PM »
Your enthusiasm for open wheelers is duly noted, Monsieur Bacchulum.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2015, 01:38:11 AM »
Is the mobility scooter classified as an open wheelers?

Offline Benana101

• New to Sim racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2015, 05:24:10 PM »
Would love to have a full GT3 Season! But would also love to race Open Wheel's again
If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

G0RGAK

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »
Not sure how the lap times compare, but perhaps a classic cup using some of the older cars, cobra, muiura, f40, ruf, etc.

Maybe a Ruf rt12r one make race series?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2015, 08:31:03 PM »
Not sure how the lap times compare, but perhaps a classic cup using some of the older cars, cobra, muiura, f40, ruf, etc.

Maybe a Ruf rt12r one make race series?
A classic cup would be fun.

From my car ranking post here (average lap times): http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/car-time-ranking.22389/

138.109    Ferrari F40
139.435    Ford GT40
140.066    RUF CTR Yellowbird
143.267    Shelby Cobra 427 S/C

Some "closish" combinations there - maybe the first 3 cars. The other cars you mentioned (including the Countach) are too much slower. You could do some Balance of Performance adjustments with a standard ballast amount per car make to bring the lap times closer.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2015, 01:09:25 AM »
Cars I found quite close at a couple tracks
458, f40, mp42c, Ruf RT12 R + AWD and the Nismo GTR
All handle quite differently and all have their own strengths and weaknesses with maybe only 1 second between them even at Monza which should favour the Rufs pure power. On a more regular style track like Barcelona they are all quite close,

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2015, 12:34:23 PM »
I think for a change maybe have a Nordschleiffe season, rather then keeping the cars the same and changing tracks each week you could race the Nords every round but in different cars.

You can race everything at that place and the closest races Ive ever had on my pub servers have always been at Nords.

Here are a couple of runs on the trackday layout with a couple of other good drivers.

How awesome would it be with large fields here. Races wpuld only need to be 2 or 3 laps. Wtcc did 3 lap races there last year and its a great track of your in a battle but if you end up on your own its still great fun just to do laps.

It is by far the best track in AC yet all league runs are the same usual short track specials. Or maybe even just use this track a bit more in regular seasons if you dont want to overdo a full season at the place.

Rolz

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2015, 01:00:45 PM »
+1 for Nords racing... I love that track  ;D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2015, 04:55:27 PM »
I support more Nords. 8)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal