Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R5: Paul Ricard Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R5: Paul Ricard Post-Race Chat  (Read 16267 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S14R5: Paul Ricard Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 08:50:28 PM »
Wally vs Simone, still just posturing.  ;)

So who's the cat leading with the sphincter, Wally or Simone? ??? :-X

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2016, 09:18:30 PM »
Wally vs Simone, still just posturing.  ;)

So who's the cat leading with the sphincter, Wally or Simone? ??? :-X
That's me, cos it's just pure arse that I keep finishing in front of Simone.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 10:18:16 PM »
LOL ;D ;D 8)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 10:31:11 PM »
Guys, before my previous post might send the wrong message:

If you are just laughing at me, I am actually happy, as it shows I am part of the community :)

I just got for a moment the thought that maybe there were untold hostilities---perhaps something I said or done in past races. Of course it must have been my paranoia.

See you on track!

I dont think anyone has any hostilities, you likely had no hope after pressung escape anyway being a lap down plus 50 seconds. I can see how you felt not good at the time as you had a great chance for a good finish and things got bad pretty quickly and snowballed from there.

Been great fun having some good solid battles and I was more lucky then anything to get a win when I was I think 5th fastest on the prac server with most laps.  ;D

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 11:43:08 PM »
Sorry Grat I was just being light hearted :) 
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2016, 12:52:06 AM »
Well I must say that I was pretty chuffed to qualify in 6th for this race with far better time than I did in practise  ;D
The start was OK staying in line with those in front. I started with a full tank so the car was heavy.
Mael got a good run on me out of the last turn on lap 5 and although I tried to fight in the first chicane, he got the job done and took the place. On the same lap I had a slight power oversteer at the tight right hander before the back straight which allowed Simone to get alongside and around the outside of the next right hander. I thought I would be able to slip back in behind and get the slipstream and pass him again before the end of the straight, but then realised that Joe had come through behind and blocked me from moving back into the slipstream, then along the straight found that Wally had got the best run of all and passed both Joe and myself (3 places from one minor slip ... grrr).
I then followed Wally and Joe fighting each other until Joe made his move stick on lap 9, then while following Wally out of the last turn, he braked unexpectedly to jump into the pits and I rammed him up the clacker damaging my splitter and allowing Bacchulum to pass.
Pitted at the end of lap 14 for tyres, came out with some clear track, but right behind me were Freezer and Marty ... eeekk ...
I tried to keep them behind but they both got past on lap 17 (a VERY slight touch with Marty as I wasn't keen to give it up too easily). Pitted at the end of lap 22 and added 30L of fuel to get to the end.
Rejoined in front of Wally :) From then on I just kept it clean until the end although I was struggling with grip which I put down to the damaged splitter. I figure that Wally had similar damage from the earlier incident as he wasn't gaining on me.
Was extremely happy with a 6th place finish which later became a 5th place after Joe's penalty was applied.

Great racing all :)

Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal