Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Post-Race Chat  (Read 12486 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S16R7: New Jersey Motorsports Park Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 08:42:41 AM »
@Wally: I watched the replay of race 2. You should give me a 5 points penalty or something like that. I did not do anything uber-bad, but at t4 Jeremy had the right of closing the line (the no-closing rule applies only to t1 and t2, as far as I know) and I therefore went for a gap that was not there anymore. It is a bit of a side effect of the t1-t2 rule, but I should definitely take all the blame.

Huge apologies again to Jeremy! My only consolation is that I was always very very clean all the season, so I can tell myself that I gave it my best shot and it was just once in a while fuck-up.

As for the season... as I said over TS: thank you Wally. Amazing season! Great innovations (loved the cold tyres!) and all great races. My only regret is having missed too many of them!
C'mon, Wally... just trust me and give me a 5 points penalty. ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 09:16:55 AM »
OK, I'll carry the penalty over to the start of the next season :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2017, 09:17:32 AM »
Great Race with Shayne last night had him on my ass for both races, intense race.
Really enjoyed that track was nice and flowing, had a slight issue with the brake pedal needing re-calibration only went to 68% brake force, only noticed after the races, luckily not too many heavy braking zones on the track.

Thanks to Wally for organizing the season and everyone showing up, great fun.

Yes, it was a great night. I was behind you all night waiting for you to make a mistake so I could grab another position. It just didn't happen, you kept it on track and under control even with me behind you all race, you didn't fault. Well done Diehard. Also, good racing by Mael! Most of the night I had Mael right behind me aswell. That first race had us 3 within 2sec pretty much the entire race.
Race 2 was a bit different, the gaps openned up a bit more, I was still sitting close to Diehard for most of the race, with a couple laps to go I had my left rear go offtrack on the exit of T1 and the car instantly spun around on me. I ended up hitting the inside wall with the back of the car. I got going again quickly but Diehard was now something like 6-8 seconds up the road and that fight was over but I now had Mael only a couple seconds behind me and with the damaged rear I found it very hard to find a balance of speed and control. Managed to just keep it in front of Mael at the end of Race 2.
I knew every position in front of Mael and/or Freezer was needed as they were the team that was fighting my team for position. I had no idea last night if Seanus was doing well or if he was even in the race, but you did well this season too! We scored a 3rd place!!!

Thanks Wally for all you do to keep the show going. It's been a great season!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 09:31:16 AM »
@Wally: I watched the replay of race 2. You should give me a 5 points penalty or something like that. I did not do anything uber-bad, but at t4 Jeremy had the right of closing the line (the no-closing rule applies only to t1 and t2, as far as I know) and I therefore went for a gap that was not there anymore. It is a bit of a side effect of the t1-t2 rule, but I should definitely take all the blame.

I checked the replay last night, there wasnt any overlap with Grat being a fair way back so I dont think Jeremy had any need to leave room. Cold tyres the tough thing is that people will run fairly different pace just trying to make sure they stay on track. Following is hard as this can easily catch you out but rear ending someone would always be 100% fault of the car behind.

I was thinking this was likely to happen to me t1 at both starts. Being on the inside with cold tyres I needed to enter very slow to not run wide on exit so I braked and just hoped those behind would also. Quite often contact comes from a few cars back in the train with leaders slowing more this gets even slower further back. The last cars off the grid may be almost at walking pace around some corners like Monza t1 for example which is why that causes so much trouble at most starts.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2017, 10:31:20 AM »
Race 1: It was fun till I got a phone call. I was just a little off the pace rather then a lot, but couldn't put faster laps together consistently. I eventually got into 1:02's but only a one off lap.

Race 2: I lost interest after the race one phone call and after a lap 1 spin, gave up. I had no interest in running last half a lap down with no chance of recovery in cars I don't particularly like, although the Porsche were better than any other Uber we've been driving for the last few seasons.

Still, the season overall was an enjoyable way to spend a Tuesday evening. Thanks for doing the business Wally, and thanks to fellow competitors. As far as the driving is concerned it's probably the cleanest league I've raced in.

Darren

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2017, 06:50:17 PM »
That's much harsher than I thought... But if that's the decision, I shall take it.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2017, 06:57:34 PM »

I checked the replay last night, there wasnt any overlap with Grat being a fair way back so I dont think Jeremy had any need to leave room. Cold tyres the tough thing is that people will run fairly different pace just trying to make sure they stay on track. Following is hard as this can easily catch you out but rear ending someone would always be 100% fault of the car behind.

I was thinking this was likely to happen to me t1 at both starts. Being on the inside with cold tyres I needed to enter very slow to not run wide on exit so I braked and just hoped those behind would also. Quite often contact comes from a few cars back in the train with leaders slowing more this gets even slower further back. The last cars off the grid may be almost at walking pace around some corners like Monza t1 for example which is why that causes so much trouble at most starts.
Agreed, but I think we have been pretty good all season, even with cold tyres and a car that likes to move about quite a bit. Last night it was my lack of concentration only. Race 1 we were all absolutely clean and respectful, but not giving up easy either. I, for example, exiting t1 had passed Matthew and saw a little space to attack Phil. Thought about it, found myself a bit tangled with Matthew, and decided to give him space and lift off a sec. He kept the right foot down and put himself in the space leaving me just enough room on the outside, but not a cm more. He took the right space and got the position back. I think it's a perfect example of tough but very good racing from him.

Unfortunately in race 2 everybody else did the same again, but I lost my measures for a split second and fucked it up. :(

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2017, 10:07:44 PM »
Yes the racing has been pretty good all season, I did nearly the same thing as you in race 2 at Magione, accidents will happen and its not like anyone is doing it regularly or on purpose that I have seen.

You need to take some chances but obviously ones you think you have a good chance of pulling off. The one I did at Magione was extra frustrating as I wasnt even considering a pass just missjudged the car ahead.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 10:55:53 PM »
That's much harsher than I thought... But if that's the decision, I shall take it.
You do realise I'm joking, right? :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2017, 11:12:25 PM »
You do realise I'm joking, right? :)
No. Never suspected you had a sense of humor. Now I'll have to rethink everything... ;)

Offline Slow_As

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 07:01:56 PM »
Thanks all - especially Wally - for putting the season on. Looking forward to the next one already.

thanks again

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2017, 09:04:15 PM »
Thanks all - especially Wally - for putting the season on. Looking forward to the next one already.

thanks again

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal