Xtreme Gaming Network

S18R2: Riverside Spike - POSTPONED TO AUG 8

Author Topic: S18R2: Riverside Spike - POSTPONED TO AUG 8  (Read 21297 times)

Offline Slow_As

• View Profile
Re: S18R2: Riverside Spike
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2017, 09:11:59 PM »
cannot retrieve list of servers???

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 09:26:32 PM »
Never seen that but the game threw me back to the pits and gave me a warning for dangerous driving. While it was at it, it executed my pitstop strategy. I was in the middle three wide and got tapped on the right pushing me into the car on the left so not sure why it penalised me. :o

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 09:37:38 PM »
I've never seen that warning before either.

For those not here, the central AC lobby was down, and a lot of people were unable to join. So we just had a fun run tonight, and we'll do the race for real back at here at Riverside next week (Aug 8 ).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 09:37:48 PM »
Never seen that but the game threw me back to the pits and gave me a warning for dangerous driving.

About time you finally got pinged for it...  ;)

Thanks all! Shame that AC chucked a na-na right on our start...

Cyas next week :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 10:57:45 PM »

Guess we'll want to make sure it cant happen for an actual league race. It also gave me a warning that if i did it again I'd be banned.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2017, 11:54:10 PM »

Guess we'll want to make sure it cant happen for an actual league race. It also gave me a warning that if i did it again I'd be banned.

Would it be something to do with AC Content Manager??? you installed that tonight to join if I recall  ::)
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 12:00:31 AM »
Never seen that but the game threw me back to the pits and gave me a warning for dangerous driving. While it was at it, it executed my pitstop strategy. I was in the middle three wide and got tapped on the right pushing me into the car on the left so not sure why it penalised me. :o

Sounds like another bug in the game, I got it with a cutting track warning when I was slammed into and run off the road at the first corner and then again when another car ran wide into me on the exit of the hairpin at the bottom of the hill. Whilst I've got no problem with the game policing people doing the wrong thing, it needs to get it right more often before I will have any confidence in it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S18R2: Riverside Spike - POSTPONED TO AUG 8
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2017, 08:26:42 AM »
A couple of things were evident from the fun race. One is that the long winding eases are essentially single file, being so fast with really only one line through there. Also, the slow hairpin caught a few people out, not realising how hard people were braking in front of them there.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2017, 09:03:39 AM »
Never seen that but the game threw me back to the pits and gave me a warning for dangerous driving.

Was having a post race chat with RussG this morning (work at the same place), had me thinking, Wally do you run the * number of contacts setting enabled?
I think there is the option to kick or send to pits.

If so then it's the first time I've actually seen it work!
If not then yes something weird going on there...

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2017, 10:26:00 AM »
Sounds like another bug in the game, I got it with a cutting track warning when I was slammed into and run off the road at the first corner and then again when another car ran wide into me on the exit of the hairpin at the bottom of the hill. Whilst I've got no problem with the game policing people doing the wrong thing, it needs to get it right more often before I will have any confidence in it.

It's not really a bug. You should view it as a warning for going off-track. The app does not calculate whether you gained an advantage or not by going off track  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2017, 10:46:49 AM »

Was having a post race chat with RussG this morning (work at the same place), had me thinking, Wally do you run the * number of contacts setting enabled?
I think there is the option to kick or send to pits.

If so then it's the first time I've actually seen it work!
If not then yes something weird going on there...
That's probably it. I've never changed that value, so it probably just falls back to some default value. I'll check it out and disable it. Good pickup.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2017, 12:00:59 PM »

The cut track app is written by wally not AC. He just uses the data he has available to him to know when you are off track. It also takes into account speed so if you re-renter slower than you went off it won't count as a cut. But sure you can crash spin off and back on and it counts as a cut but that's why you get 3 chances before the penalty is applied.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2017, 12:23:09 PM »
That dangerous driving thing, I hadn't seen that before either until on Sunday when I had a few mates over my place for a few races and we had it happen during a race. Something added/changed in a recent update maybe?

Rolz

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2017, 09:53:01 AM »
Those using Sidekick app there has been an update for it http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sidekick.11007/

v1.11
- Added delta to car in front/behind the player in the deltas section (not very accurate algorithm, based on speed and distance, identical to Kunos Realtime app)
- Added full Push to Pass support in a form of a bar with activation "bullets"
- Added a notification if the wheel is off-center at race start
- Overhauled the gear ratio learning for better robustness and accuracy, no need to click the "Recalculate" button when you change gear ratios any more (now relies on drivetrain speed thanks to @@Neilski's idea)
- During replay, app displays data of the currently focused car, instead of being fixed on the player's
- Improved session reset detection
- Fixed a rare bug that would cause AC to crash with certain car/track combos when trying to load corrupted data
- Added missing compound data for Audi TT RS (VLN) and Audi R8 LMS 2016
- Several other bug fixes and tweaks

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2017, 10:30:29 AM »
That dangerous driving thing, I hadn't seen that before either until on Sunday when I had a few mates over my place for a few races and we had it happen during a race. Something added/changed in a recent update maybe?
It was that "Max contacts per km" server setting, which I've now disabled.

And thanks Rolz for the Sidekick news.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal