Xtreme Gaming Network

S20R1: Tor Poznan

Author Topic: S20R1: Tor Poznan  (Read 16116 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S20R1: Tor Poznan
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 07:51:54 AM »
are we doing skins this season, if we are I will go http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bmw-m235i-racing-get-dazzle.12462/,
if not disregard the last transmission

Safe to say i wont be installing that one  ;D
It looks like a good test for your graphic card's anisotropic filtering.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 11:31:13 AM »
are we doing skins this season, if we are I will go http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bmw-m235i-racing-get-dazzle.12462/,
if not disregard the last transmission

Safe to say i wont be installing that one  ;D

lol how come, don't like some dazzle ?
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 12:39:26 PM »
I switched the grid orders around a little: second race is reverse grid, and the third race grid is in race 2 finish order.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 03:17:11 PM »
A video of Phil and Joe on a team building camp.  :P

Action starts around 1:15!

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 03:23:00 PM »
lol  wow

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 03:26:24 PM »
lol you are a funny man Mael ;D
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2017, 03:59:38 PM »
I switched the grid orders around a little: second race is reverse grid, and the third race grid is in race 2 finish order.
Oh,... why? It seems just like a way to generate more chaos. The way you chose at the beginning sounded very reasonable to me: a pair of standard races followed a more "funny" one. You had a good incentive to do well enough in the first two and then hope to do not too bad in the last. Now instead you'd better do not too good in the first... I am not sure I understand the logic behind it.

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2017, 04:47:34 PM »
If we are on the subject of changing stuff what’s the chance of pushing quali time at least 15minutes for the poor souls in WA with no daylight savings? I finish work at 5 and generally get home 5:30 plus minus a few minutes.

Offline BJSRacer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2017, 05:16:31 PM »
Unfortunately I have so much left to do before the Xmas rush I will not be able to make this first race. Grog orders are stressfull and expensive. All the best to you guy's for Turn 1 :D

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2017, 05:26:35 PM »
I am the same, between wife having to work late and I have to pick one of the kids up, who incidentally got 99.3 in her year 12 exams results today :D I am busy and will try and make it, but not sure and the way my internet is performing atm even if I do make it not sure I will be able to race

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 05:45:10 PM »
Oh,... why? It seems just like a way to generate more chaos. The way you chose at the beginning sounded very reasonable to me: a pair of standard races followed a more "funny" one. You had a good incentive to do well enough in the first two and then hope to do not too bad in the last. Now instead you'd better do not too good in the first... I am not sure I understand the logic behind it.
The way it is now, if you do do good in the first race you have two races to fight back from the rear.
The way it was before, I saw 2 races where the field continued to spread out (with the fast guys starting ahead of the slower) and 1 , short, race to make it all back (promoting risk taking).
I like the change. ;D

(not that it will effect me, I usually start midfield and finish midfield, so all the races will be the same regardless of the format)

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2017, 05:54:32 PM »
The way it is now, if you do do good in the first race you have two races to fight back from the rear.
The way it was before, I saw 2 races where the field continued to spread out (with the fast guys starting ahead of the slower) and 1 , short, race to make it all back (promoting risk taking).
I like the change. ;D

(not that it will effect me, I usually start midfield and finish midfield, so all the races will be the same regardless of the format)
I am not sure I share your fear of "spreading" the field. I love a good battle, but I like it less when it is just a mess. Maybe that's why I keep watching F1 (among many series) but fall asleep with GT races (literally: I now use them when I want to sleep early). ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2017, 06:32:17 PM »
I'll see what the consensus is for pushing quali back 15 mins when we're all on Discord. I'm also mindful that some people have an early start the next day and so it can't be too late (or maybe that's no longer the case).

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 06:36:32 PM »
The damage restrictor is to make people have a little more fear of collision. With the reverse grid race last, there is no restrictor penalty for impacts (because there's no next race). This way, people will hopefully exercise a little more caution in the reverse grid race, and there's also more to play for because your finishing position in the reverse grid race directly impacts where you start in the 3rd race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2017, 07:59:03 PM »
I'll see what the consensus is for pushing quali back 15 mins when we're all on Discord. I'm also mindful that some people have an early start the next day and so it can't be too late (or maybe that's no longer the case).

We'll see how we go with starting qually tonight at 8:45 Eastern (5:45pm Perth time).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal