Xtreme Gaming Network

S20R1: Tor Poznan Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S20R1: Tor Poznan Post-Race Chat  (Read 18408 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S20R1: Tor Poznan Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 08:17:27 PM »
A bit of a promo video a made of the race.
[youtube]Yb_BX-A19BM[/youtube]
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 08:32:54 PM »
I had an hours practice on Sunday which was a nice change and found a reasonable balance to start with and then did my first laps on the track on Monday night. Tweaked it a little and was feeling pretty good. Got to qual and was nowhere and curious as to why. At then point I realised my complete blonde moment and swapped to medium tyres.

I managed to avoid all the race 1 carnage and was pulling away from the cars behind when I put 2 wheels in the grass and lost it. Back to the rear I went

Race 2 was a lot easier starting from 2nd on the grid but I figured the quicker guys would catch me from about mid race.......which they did. I fought as hard as i could but as fair as I could and it wasn't till the car started stepping out on the corner exits that I just couldn't hold them off any more. Finished 4th which, lets face it, is like a championship win for me.

Race 3 was going to be a lot tougher and I made it worse by getting on the grass on lap  and rather than trying to re-jion and take out half the field, I waited for the field to go past and the spun the car before re-joining. Managed to make my way back to 13th so was pretty happy for the night.

I really don't like these cars but I do like the close racing

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 08:52:11 PM »
All 3 race replays in compressed rar file.. unrar to 100mb each.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lbmemk469ovao10/xgns20-torpoznan-Race1-2-3.rar
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2017, 04:54:48 PM »
 A different view of the  Bacchulum and Mael incident.  (Leave the sound on, quite a excitable commentator!)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2017, 07:41:50 AM »
RussG
------------------
    Lap 1: 65 kph (+5 restrictor)
    Lap 1: 71 kph (+6 restrictor)
    Lap 1: 45 kph (+2 restrictor)
    Lap 1: 108 kph (+10 restrictor)
    Lap 1: 70 kph (+6 restrictor)
    Lap 1: 94 kph (+9 restrictor)
    Lap 12: 148 kph (+10 restrictor)

Hi Wally,
Please note there is no suggestion of blame on anyone here, just questioning the contact speed reports.

When I saw this I thought straight away the lap 12 contact was wrong which it is, so I had a look through the replay and these are the contacts as seen in the replay.

It looked to me like I had 7 contacts in the pileup but you have listed 6. A couple looked very light so maybe one didn't register. The rest of them:
    Lap 1 : Mael 58 kph hits me doing 36 kph - This seems like it should be a 22 kph contact.
    Lap 1 : Me 44 kph hits Dave O doing 22 kph - 22 kph contact
    Lap 1 : Me 48 kph hits Joe doing 23 kph - 25 kph contact
    Lap 1 : Me 41 kph hits Seanus doing 20 kph - 21 kph contact
    Lap 1 : Joe 41 kph hits me doing 37 kph - 4 kph contact
    Lap 1 : Mael 45 kph hits me doing 37 kph - 8 kph contact
    Lap 1 : Mael 41 kph hits me doing 25 kph - 16 kph contact
    Lap 12: Me 46 kph hits armco doing 0 kph - 46 kph contact

I think this would have given me 3% restrictor instead of the 48% I was given.

Now I know it's not always as simple as the difference in speeds. The angle of the cars etc can make a difference to the relative speed of the contact, but the numbers are really far removed from reality. e.g. Lap 1: 108 kph - even if you added the car speeds as in a head on collision it doesn't add up to that much.

I have no issues with the idea of restrictor for contacts but would you mind having a look at this as it seems to be more like random numbers when it records a contact.

Cheers
Thanks for highlighting this Russ. I did some analysis of the impact reports compared to the replays of the three races, and it looks like the server speed is exaggerated by a factor of about 4.5x. So what the server reports as a speed of 36 is in fact more like 8. What that means is that instead of penalising impacts from 30 kph to 100 kph, I'm penalising 7 kph to 25 kph.

But I originally chose those speeds because most impacts where between 30 and 100 in the server logs (with most around 30 and then a decreasing number down to 100). So whether it's speeds of 7 to 25, or 30 to 100, I'm still penalising the impacts on a sliding scale starting from the most common impact speed.

So I think it's OK as it is - it's just that the "scale" is different. Think of it now that actual relative speeds between 7 and 25 kph earn 0 to 10% restrictor.

In the replays, in the blatant rear hits which look pretty bad in the replay, the relative speed of the cars was about 25 kph, so that scale seems reasonable.

For further perspective, when Simone cannoned into me like a rocket in race 1 in a crash of rare high speed, the relative speed was still only 60 kph.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal