Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R4: Croft Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S21R4: Croft Post-Race Chat  (Read 19003 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S21R4: Croft Post-Race Chat
« on: March 20, 2018, 06:21:37 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
RussG   200
Grat   193
Matthew111   184
Mael   147
Shayne   145
killagorilla   129
Wally   109
Phil.8   88
Seanus   72
Jeremy   50
Bacchulum   39
Rob   24
Freezer   19
Dave O   17
JamieP   16
Joe   0
Phil   0

Congratulations to Grat on pole and RussG for the race wins and the overall round win. These two wins were Russ's 3rd and 4th ever in the Tuesday league - well done!

Penalties
Race 1 - none.

Race 2 - This one kept the stewards busy.

The race 2 start incident was a tough one. Jeremy jump started, and then with his extra speed compared to everyone else, he took off down the left hand side of the track, off track. Then when he re-entered in front of Phil.8, Phil had to veer right a little to avoid him, which started a concertina effect, with Shayne and Killagorilla all having to veer right as well, which ended up with Shayne hitting Killagorilla and Killagorilla hitting Phil and spinning him, ending Phil’s race. It all started with Jeremy, who should have checked up after his jump start instead of racing around the field, so he gets penalty ballast for the next round..

With the Russ/Grat contact, the two were side-by-side through turns 1 and 2, but then Russ moved over to Grat’s side of the track, unable to take the turn tightly enough, and squeezed Grat off the track, costing him positions. I judge that Russ had enough time to know that Grat was alongside him, and shouldn’t have squeezed him off the track, so Russ gets penalty ballast for the next round.

Season Podium
1. Grat, 585 pts
2. Matthew.111, 553
3. Phil.8, 496

No change in the season podium standings this round. Struggle Street Racing Crew still hold a handy lead over DA Racing in the team standings.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:55:01 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S21R4: Croft Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 09:20:12 PM »
I don't think I've disliked a car as much as this one. I did no practice because I hate driving it, but then that means I can't drive it at all for the race. Usually a car I don't really like I can still have fun with in a race but not this one.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 09:22:07 PM »
around lap ten my face started beading up with sweat and I could feel em rolling down my face very distracting. Sorry but super hot here atm.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 10:24:25 PM »
I don't think I've disliked a car as much as this one. I did no practice because I hate driving it, but then that means I can't drive it at all for the race. Usually a car I don't really like I can still have fun with in a race but not this one.
+1 :'(

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 11:02:00 PM »
With the Russ/Grat contact, the two were side-by-side through turns 1 and 2, but then Russ moved over to Grat’s side of the track, unable to take the turn tightly enough, and squeezed Grat off the track, costing him positions. I judge that Russ had enough time to know that Grat was alongside him, and shouldn’t have squeezed him off the track, so Russ gets penalty ballast for the next round.
come on, poor Russ. He had the best races ever tonight and it was just a tough move... yes, he squeezes me, but just a bit... ;) can you at least give him a minimum penalty? like the smallest amount of ballast you usually give? :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 11:09:15 PM »
Race 1 was intense. I got past Joe after an early mistake, then had to chase Seanus for a long time until he made a mistake and I could pass (sorry about the tangle at Tower Bend. I was trying to stay wide to give you room, but somehow we ended up rubbing door handles. I haven't watched the replay, so I don't know what happened). After that, I was tightly sandwiched between Killagorilla and Jeremy to the end, with less than a second gap front and back. It was great racing - my heart was pounding looking for a pass on Killa while keeping an eye on Jeremy behind. It's no wonder I was "Busiest" for race 1.

In race 2, I unfortunately got caught up in Phil.8's spin after contact. He was rolling backwards off the track, and ended up shepherding me towards the barrier where I had to reverse back to get around him, ending up last but for the wounded Phil. From there I had to work hard to pass Dave O, then Rob who was too gentlemanly as always :) and JamieP. I caught Jeremy and Freezer only they both had some kind of incidents up ahead, probably involving tyre bundles. I managed to finish 7th which was a good result after a poor start.

As to the car, personally I like it. It's fast and predictable although it moves around a little (you can't just mash the throttle, but can still steer it with the gas), and I have dialled out the understeer either with setup or driving changes. It's given me lots of good racing so far this season.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 11:12:32 PM »
come on, poor Russ. He had the best races ever tonight and it was just a tough move... yes, he squeezes me, but just a bit... ;) can you at least give him a minimum penalty? like the smallest amount of ballast you usually give? :)
I did feel a little bad about spoiling Russ's party... but then everyone will be glad to hear that rules are rules, and no favours given just because someone won :)
And not intending to take anything away from Russ's performance, how do you know he didn't win because of that squeeze, when without it you might have taken the lead and left him unable to pass?

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 11:19:49 PM »
What an amazing night  :) :) :D :D ;D ;D
It looked like I had really good pace on the practise server but then I expected grat and Phil.8 to raise it a notch tonight and Matthew usually comes in hot on the pace. I was really surprised to qually 2nd.

Race 1 I managed to stay in 2nd off the start and chased grat all race with nothing between our times. I wasn't used to being in this position and was full of nerves and sweat. On the 2nd last lap grat got on the grass after the chicane and I cruised past, then I think I started to shake but still had another lap to go. Somehow I kept enough composure to complete the lap cleanly and take out the win. Really great feeling  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Race 2 grat somehow alongside between turn 1 & 2 so I just pushed him out of the way  :o No, really sorry about the contact grat. I thought you would give it up but you didn't and I think the cold tyres, ballast and the inside kerb all worked against me as well, but the steward has spoken ... All good here mate.
After disposing of grat  ;D I put the head down and went for it and managed very slowly pull a gap to Matthew111 who had inherited 2nd. Kept it clean to the end to take the win again.

This is by far the highlight of my XGN career so far. Look out though, I might get a taste for it  ;D :o :D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 11:21:03 PM »
I did feel a little bad about spoiling Russ's party... but then everyone will be glad to hear that rules are rules, and no favours given just because someone won :)
And not intending to take anything away from Russ's performance, how do you know he didn't win because of that squeeze, when without it you might have taken the lead and left him unable to pass?
I can't know it, of course... but the man has 4 wins out of 4 podiums. When he has a chance, he does not let it go ;)

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 11:24:27 PM »
+1 :'(
Really sorry to hear this guys. I am really starting to like the car. When I first drove it I called it a tank because I thought it was so bad, but after some setup tuning, it's become a different beast.
Maybe you have bad setups or maybe it just doesn't suit your style, but once again, I'm really sorry to hear that people aren't enjoying their racing at the moment.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 11:26:01 PM »
Race 2 grat somehow alongside between turn 1 & 2 so I just pushed him out of the way  :o No, really sorry about the contact grat. I thought you would give it up but you didn't and I think the cold tyres, ballast and the inside kerb all worked against me as well, but the steward has spoken ... All good here mate.
No worries at all! As I said after the race: it was a tough move, probably off the limit, but smoothly and gently executed. Real racing! A bit à la Schumacher...

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 11:27:48 PM »
I can't know it, of course... but the man has 4 wins out of 4 podiums. When he has a chance, he does not let it go ;)

What do you mean you can't know it?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nu52lWM6_TIRBEGCTF32BxLe8mobfsCFpd_wOeuxpXI/edit#gid=8

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 11:50:40 PM »

What do you mean you can't know it?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nu52lWM6_TIRBEGCTF32BxLe8mobfsCFpd_wOeuxpXI/edit#gid=8
?!? I was answering Wally's question. Wally: "how do you know he didn't win because of that squeeze...?" Me: "I can't know it, of course... but..."

Maybe you had too many celebratory drinks? ;)

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 12:03:52 AM »
LOL  :D
I read it as you couldn't know that I had 4 podiums, 4 wins, but then you stated the fact. It didn't really make sense to me, but now it's all clear.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 08:59:42 AM »
I cant believe i had a call at 7 pm to go out for dinner with my wife and mother in law......i can not believe it.!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey joe!!  I love this car ..hips of fun!!!!! Especially at Croft it was real fun!! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal