Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R4: Monza Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R4: Monza Race Chat  (Read 36914 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S4R4: Monza Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 12:22:40 PM »
I've invited two reserves to Monza by PM because of its 26 grid spots.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 10:06:43 PM »
I've invited two reserves to Monza by PM because of its 26 grid spots.

M8R and Flattop will be racing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 10:47:18 PM »
The Evora GTC is now officially the first car in AC I've come across that I hate.  Grrrrrr.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 10:59:02 PM »
The Evora GTC is now officially the first car in AC I've come across that I hate.  Grrrrrr.

Check the warm tyre pressures, especially at Monza the left side does way more work so it means the right side will stay cooler and loose pressure. This makes the car tend to want to wander to the right on braking as for me even pressures had the right side 3 psi lower then the left, fix this and it will brake in a straighter line again.  ;)

Edit: how did you get into the GTC anyway? Aiman is still in the GX and a few other guys got that. I thought you did ok at Spa and had the quickest laps in the Evora.

Edit 2: I think Wally must have made a boo boo, Guybrush outpaced Aiman easily yet he got the faster car and Aiman stayed in the GX.

Race 1 best lap
Guybrush 2:19:010
Aiman 2:19:854

Race 2 best lap
Guybrush 2:19:448
Aiman 2:25:308

Guy moves up a car Aiman stays at the bottom. Wish I ran as I could have possibly matched Guy's pace at Spa and so may have moved myself up to a GT3.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:10:50 PM by marty »

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 01:02:01 AM »
Maybe with the averaging of laps that's the way it worked out?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 11:36:29 AM »
Marty's right - well spotted. I had GWyar's and Guybrush's averages swapped, due to a mis-sorting of names.

Correct cars are:
GWyar: BMW M3
Guybrush: Lotus Evora GX

Everyone else is the same. Sorry about that. At least GT will be relieved.

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 12:48:05 PM »
Did wonder about that, as Imp and I had the similar times in the same cars but he got to keep the BMW whereas I got a slower car, although I did a few laps in the P4/5 and quite enjoyed it.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 01:00:25 PM »
Marty's right - well spotted. I had GWyar's and Guybrush's averages swapped, due to a mis-sorting of names.

Correct cars are:

Damn, wish I had have known before putting in too much time trying to sort out my setup, lol.  Well, onto the GX then.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 01:47:23 PM »
Damn, wish I had have known before putting in too much time trying to sort out my setup, lol.  Well, onto the GX then.
you could still share it... ;)

Edit: and I see what you mean by the handling...this car is really something else.  Under braking it's like a wild pony, and when the rear goes out you must not counter-steer, otherwise you lose it on the spot.  Just keep a neutral throttle and pray.  It's rather terrible to drive, LOL.

Oh, and you're still very fast. I've done about 10 laps - on mediums, not sure if it makes much of a difference - but I could not get anywhere near.  Some 2s off your pace.  A low '51 is all I got.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 02:27:38 PM by Bird »

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 04:05:31 PM »
What does it say my best lap is?  I presume this is in the Steam leader board?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2014, 04:25:36 PM »

Correct cars are:

You could still be in the GTC next week ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 08:01:28 AM »
What does it say my best lap is?  I presume this is in the Steam leader board?
Yes and it's some '49 - not sure what.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 10:17:06 AM »
Did 2 laps last night in the BMW M3 GT2 and was able to put in a 54 so hoping some familiarity may bring me a little closer to the pack tomorrow night...
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 12:19:32 PM »

Edit: and I see what you mean by the handling...this car is really something else.  Under braking it's like a wild pony, and when the rear goes out you must not counter-steer, otherwise you lose it on the spot.  Just keep a neutral throttle and pray.  It's rather terrible to drive, LOL.

Oh, and you're still very fast. I've done about 10 laps - on mediums, not sure if it makes much of a difference - but I could not get anywhere near.  Some 2s off your pace.  A low '51 is all I got.

Not sure about that Bird I can slide the thing around quite a bit but its slower and scrubs speed. I need opposite lock in quite a few sections at times, thats without tc and running quite a bit stiffer then default setup. I will post my setup when I get home later and you can have a go, it shouod be abke to get intk the 48's with a better driver.  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 12:54:12 PM »

Not sure about that Bird I can slide the thing around quite a bit but its slower and scrubs speed. I need opposite lock in quite a few sections at times, thats without tc and running quite a bit stiffer then default setup. I will post my setup when I get home later and you can have a go, it shouod be abke to get intk the 48's with a better driver.  ;D
That's not me.  as I said, I can't even get in the 50s and if you stiffen it up it'll probably cause more problems.  I'm too slow for these nimble cars I think.
Plus I suck at monza & I hate it too, so...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal