Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R6: Silverstone Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R6: Silverstone Post-Race Chat  (Read 11869 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S4R6: Silverstone Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 03:24:31 PM »
Had a shocker of a nite, I must have go the teams spare car. Only did about 10 laps in practice before the nite and made an ok setup with a best 2.03.1.

On race nite I jumped on and was about 6 seconds slower then the pb set in the 10 laps earlier. Thought maybe just track grip but I chased a setup and made it worse. In the end I got a set from Bird and guy which I tried in qualy felt ok but still no more speed or pace so it wasnt that.

Race 1 I was just slow and never gained on anybody was even losing to the other lotuses in a straight line running pretty low aero much lower then some. I had 3 rear ed had 6 I think and he just pulled away from me down the straight. Just ran the race and made some spots with people going off but couldnt gain on the lotus battle ahead of me so just stayed out of peoples way as much as I could.

Between races I adjusted some peddle settings not sure if it helped but I did qualy a bit higher up but still over 1 second slower then Guy and well down on my pb but track grip may have been down. That was without a very good lap so maybe it was a peddle issue, In the race I got a little loose lap one out of copse then got passed by Matthew. M8r gained a bit of time but he had no way of passing, into Beckets with him following he gave me a slight bump in the rear. Not sure if it was lag but I dont see why youd be trying to drive through someone there.

That broke the windscreen and rear wing, it didnt feel terrible but I was already running low rear aero and this made it pretty much undriveable in the fast bits. After a few laps I figured there is no way id want to drive another 20 laps like this. So I pitted for hards a full tank and repairs, came out nearly a lap down and had no concentration making very silly errors. Shifted into 1st instead of second 2 laps in a row so decided just to park it.

Thanks for the season guys and well done Guy and also one more title for our team, he must have done real well as this was a shocker for me.  ;D

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
Re: S4R6: Silverstone Post-Race Chat
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 04:46:57 PM »
Terrible night for me. Just couldnt get the hang of the mclaren
Wally you did surprise me i bumped you, But then i should have been aware of the pass.
Rolz R2 was having lotsa fun with you till you overcooked it

Again Wally very very good fun Thank you
Merry Xmas all
Oh and gongrats Guy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal