Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat  (Read 12207 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S6R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« on: April 14, 2015, 10:13:31 PM »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline mooface

• View Profile
Re: S6R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 10:26:47 PM »
Good racing guys,

the E30 DTM is so much more competitive! Need more time with it to land more consistent times.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 10:47:29 PM »
Not sure why I got such bad warping issues so pulled off the track and let everyone pass in race 1 and 3. Race 1 I managed to then catch up with a couple of people and pass

Race 2 I ended up in two of the pileups and was way at the back. I finished the race but on the last corner it said the server was disconnected, so I guess it was reset and when I crossed the line it didn't register as finished.

In lap 3 of race 3 I hit a distance marker that was in the middle of the road on the right after the two fast rights a killed my steering so that was me done.

Is good being on the server with everyone and seeing the lines people take the where they brake etc. Keeps me learning. I figured out where I was slow from doing that and jumped on the practice server after and did a 2:04 which was 2 seconds quicker than previous PB.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 11:09:53 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Standings

Round Points
Perch   75
Guybrush Threepwood   65
Matthew111   61
StanDaam   58
Jeremy   56
Rolz   56
Wally   55
Ysu   47
UnFknBLievable   44
Marty   43
Gratulin   43
Freezer   38
RJM   37
Shameless   35
Grubbet   35
Krahl   28
Bafs17   25
Rob   24
Whitemoo   23
Joe   19
Simone   9
G0RGAK   3

Penalties
Race 2: Grubbet spun in T1 by himself, but then did a careless track re-entry, hitting Bafs17. Penalty -4 to Grubbet, +4 to Bafs17.

Race 3: Jeremy did too much weaving at the start of the race and tagged the back of Freezer. Penalty -4 to Jeremy and +4 to Freezer. Jeremy should also have redressed Freezer's position.

Congratulations to Perch on the round win, as well as a clean sweep of three race wins.

Season Podium
1. Jeremy, 199
2. Matthew111, 185
3. StanDaam, 177
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 11:11:11 PM »
Was fun by the end of it but the 458 struggled a bit in my hands at this track.

Race 1 and 2 got caught up in others incidents which put me near the back both races, nowhere to really go as I needed some clean races to get anywhere near the top 10.

Race 3 reverse grid starting near the back was more fun, somehow avoided contact with a fair bit of carnage ahead then Stan and I annoyed a few quick DTM's for pretty much the entire race. Had they got away properly they would have been gone but a DTM behind 4 or so ferraris was never going to be much fun for them.  ;D

Next week is a short enduro at Nords and still a few spots remaining with all gt cars available for selection.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 11:15:35 PM »
.... how did i go?

I'll be back on normal hours next week. so home earlier.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 11:20:37 PM »
The BMW is certainly more work than the 458, especially with the H shifter, but that makes it more fun, really. The only problem I have with it is still losing the rear end on braking and downshifting on occasion.

Race 1, I was sandwiched nicely between Marty and Gratulin, unable to pass Marty. Unfortunately, I got hooked on a kerb and spun out of that battle. Then I had a good chase of Krahl's X-Bow, passing him eventually into T1. Finished 9th.

Race 2, I was having a fairly uneventful race. I made it to 5th, glad to have Stan's fat 458 behind me. But I had an off into the gravel coming down the fast hill, which let Stan close up and pass. I hassled him to the end, but of course could not pass him anywhere. Finished 6th.

Race 3, I was in a great train with Guybrush, Rolz, me and Matthew. Rolz eventually ran wide and let me past, after some side by side racing, which got me into 3rd. I was sitting pretty, looking at a podium behind Guybrush, but on the last lap I lost the rear braking into one of the final few corners and let Rolz and Matthew past, which was disappointing. Finished 5th.

Good racing, a lot of good close racing, and the stats are very clean in general, with a good standard of racing. I saw a few unfortunate warps though, with cars jumping into other cars suddenly, which is disappointing. Hopefully the netcode improves soon (fingers crossed).

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 11:30:56 PM »
Well the change to the Alfa from the Merc certainly paid of.
P2 to start R1 and managed to hold it until the second last lap when the engine went bang... ouch!
R2 again up the front and this time I chased Perch and Jeremy but a few small slips saw them inch away as it wore on.
R3 really benefiting from the Alfa starts and jumped a couple of the start buy Jeremy tagged the back and sent me into the wall.  Then it got interesting.  I managed to catch up to the pack and through dodging spinners and some quick passes I was soon up behind Marty & Co in the Ferrari brigade.  Managed to pick of one, but Marty and I swapped spots for a number of laps until my engine went bang . . again!
So certainly some good results went begging, but definitely enjoying the Alfa.

Rolz

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 08:31:04 AM »
Top night again

Race 1 - was nice and close racing, probably the only time I will ever keep up with GB. Was heaps of fun to be so close without any touches

Race 2 - just wrong place wrong time when Grubbet spun, crashed and lost heaps of places... couldn't really recover with front and back damage... was sliding all over the place.

Race 3 - again brilliant racing, nice and close with GB, Wally and Matthew... was residing myself to 4th when I watch Wally spin... took the 3rd and my best placing in a Season race (with grid position assist).

Thanks again all  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 09:27:11 AM »
I had good fun racing here, except I my consistency is crappola in the F40 and the curbs did nothing to help :)  It's just weird that you can take the bloody things 50 times all right, and 51th you spin around crazy. 

Then in the last race I've shot myself with a lead-foot off T3 into the wall.  Duh. :)

Still, I enjoy the racing in the pack far more than being out front and lapping like crazy - alone.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 10:44:08 AM »
Top night of racings for me, nice n consistent, 6th 5th 6th.

Swapped teams mid season when Ferrari flashed some coin my way, the kicker being a quick fiver to the admins so I could get a seat in one of Marty's 'Yellow Peril' back up cars. The Ferrari was awesome at the start so that part of the races was schweeet as!! Had some great battles through the night (cheers for the niceties Wally!!). Race 3 was fun with the line of road blocking Ferraris banding together for mass effect!!
Overall, enjoyed the Ferrari, sure not so fast round the corners but get to the straight and the ponies were set free to run like the wind!!
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline mooface

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 11:04:36 AM »
The BMW is certainly more work than the 458, especially with the H shifter, but that makes it more fun, really. The only problem I have with it is still losing the rear end on braking and downshifting on occasion.

Good racing, a lot of good close racing, and the stats are very clean in general, with a good standard of racing. I saw a few unfortunate warps though, with cars jumping into other cars suddenly, which is disappointing. Hopefully the netcode improves soon (fingers crossed).

Yea, that is one of the issues i want to overcome in this BMW, i end up losing too much time going sideways and always tend to overdrive the car. Having ABS certainly did help this time around but i still try to avoid activating it.

Good to see a BMW at the front of the pack, i set a couple of good times in practice but simply could not replicate or come close race and qualify.

Care to share your setup for the BMW Wally? I found myself running higher tyre pressures and setting either bound or rebound one value up to aid in turn in.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 11:52:18 AM »
Yep, I'll post it tonight (if I remember!)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 12:14:11 PM »
I ran some laps in the m3 DTM the other nite at Imola, I found stiffening up quite a bit really helped as it seems the nose dive on entry is what unloads the rear and causes the issue under braking. There is a limit to how stiff you want to go but I ran all 3 dtm cars there and the Merc was the nicest to drive with the Alfa quickest but I never even put a good lap in on the softs. The Merc was still quite a bit quicker about 1 second as I could run it a little softer and so not get the inside wheels in the air as much over kerbs. The stiffer M3 was much quicker then running it softer but it did lose out more over the bumps but had some real god balance compared to the default setup.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 02:18:21 PM »

I found stiffening up quite a bit really helped.

I know we all like to have a laugh at some inadvertent innuendo from time to time Marty, but this is simply gratuitous!

Had fun last night.  It was good trying to keep those pesky Alfa's / Merc's behind.  I think the dirty track seems to effect the road cars a little more as they don't have the downforce to make up for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal