Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R3: Monza Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R3: Monza Post-Race Chat  (Read 10452 times)

Offline doobs

• View Profile
Re: S16R3: Monza Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 11:13:49 AM »
I had a shocker, although that's not too unusual for me, even when I have a reasonable pace I'm so inconsistent I only put a couple of good laps together.

I thought I'd try the Vive out on a race night....not so good for me. It causes some strange behaviour (dropping me into spectator mode of someone else's car everytime I went back to pits, and then performance started suffering and it had FPS drops .

Anyhooo, I changed back to 3 screens and qualified poorly, a second and a half slower than practice.

Race 1 was okay, until I spun

Race 2 was better, until I spun

Next week, wooooooooooooooooo!

Darren

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »
Unfortunately I won't be here next week due to school holidays so going to have to leave it you to
you Mael to carry the team . . :)

Ditto! Phil and Mael flying the flags for the top 2 teams next week.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 12:01:48 PM »
maybe we could have a one off team for the week  Team Phael
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 12:05:03 PM »
Great great fun race 1,I had a ball with close racing(not easy but when done with experienced ppl is a blast) and the final position was really sweet,Good to discover myself a bit competitive in this gorgeous online racing!!

Race 2 :  Well i was still very happy about the fun i had in race 1 that i was sort  appeased.Try the start which was again very good but at the second of lesmo corner i put the left rear in the wrong spot and i lost it,,,well,,,,i let everybody go through and then.........i went to bed!!  sorry but i was really tired

Great FUN!!!!   thx guys!!!!

VIVA XGN!!!!! :-* :-* :-*

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 01:16:57 PM »
Hey Simone, I know the feeling :)

I had a good night, I was still learning the combo (total lack of practice will cause that), but the car was far better than it was in the 1st round, something with that track wasn't quite alright I reckon.

1st race; grabbed 1st gear on the 1st corner (ha!) and turned slightly sideways.  But I had a jolly good time crawling a few spots back ;)

2nd race; I was in my spot, nearly all the way through.  I kinda dozed off early on, just could not find the pace, then later I've got it together again, but it was too late by then to make a dent.  So yeah, this race was a bit on the boring side.

Besides I don't quite like Monza, it's a fair bit boring track with those chicanes.  :)

Oh, a big congrats & thanks to everyone - quality of driving/racing is fucking awesome, gents! 

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 05:18:03 PM »
1st race; grabbed 1st gear on the 1st corner (ha!) and turned slightly sideways.

First gear was my gear of choice through the first chicane as allowed a quicker exit.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 07:10:32 PM »
1st race; grabbed 1st gear on the 1st corner (ha!) and turned slightly sideways.

First gear was my gear of choice through the first chicane as allowed a quicker exit.

I did not feel much difference, this engine has plenty of torque.  But it was much-much safer in 2nd.  So I've used second every time.  Except...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal