Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 4 Round 1 Donington Pre-race

Author Topic: Season 4 Round 1 Donington Pre-race  (Read 27205 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 4 Round 1 Donington Pre-race
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2015, 08:13:33 AM »
Not sure about the flattened points idea but seeing I will probably only get a couple rounds in on Thursday my points dont matter much.  ;D

Here is a full race video from my car, not sure when it finished uploading but probably took most of the nite with a 2GB file lol. YT is still processing so the 1080p option will likely take a while longer.

Was impressed with how close we ran all race and I did make a couple silly solo errors to give back a few places, then the last lap tap with Stan I still think I should have redressed. Stan did say not to at the time thinking it was all his fault.

He did go off the road and lose a fair bit of speed but I still think the car behind being me caused his spin as I was very close. A pure accident and being quite keen to get by I made my attack at the wrong time. The lap itself would likely have got the rsr record as I was .4 up on my pb at this time too so I was kind of fully commited to my exit trying to get a run on him into the last chicane. Unfortunatly him running off track just a fraction slowed him where I didnt expect and so we made contact being so close I didnt have time to do much to avoid it

[youtube]LKDnfoq0iPg[/youtube]

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2015, 08:27:03 AM »

Would love a season with 2 races in same class cars cars with race 2 being a reverse grid of a similar distance to tonights races.

The cars closest to the 235 on my car rank (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/car-time-ranking.22389) are:

Average lap times
135.215    BMW M3 E30 DTM
135.362    BMW M235i Racing
135.372    McLaren MP4-12C
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:50:08 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2015, 11:17:03 AM »
As a newbie my usual goal is not to be last. Due to not really knowing the track or car I spun off 4 times in the first few laps which meant 5 of you lapped me changing my goal for the second race to be last but not be lapped in which I succeeded  ;D

I was running the car stock as I didn't really have enough practice time to change anything and get used to the car, so will look at changing it up next time.

Still great fun despite being at the back on my own for most of it.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 12:48:10 PM »
Well done Joe.  It's great for people to hit their targets and improve as I think it makes you more motivated to race next time.

Just don't let Dick beat you.  That is everyone's target.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2015, 01:54:41 PM »
How much fun were those puppies last night!!  :D
So much close tight racing, I loves the side by side action, excellent fun!!
I would have felt bad if I'd have caused you to re-address Marty, especially after a night full of battles like we had. I was wide, running out of track, had the grass coming up, had to get out of the gas at a bad time, mid corner exit. Running in such tight quarters with corner exit speed being so important in these cars, thought you did well to only just tap me  :D
Brilliant night of racing, just wish we had a comp like this on Friday nights, or we had more long weekends!!  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2015, 03:12:18 PM »

Would love a season with 2 races in same class cars cars with race 2 being a reverse grid of a similar distance to tonights races.

The cars closest to the 235 on my car rank (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/car-time-ranking.22389) are:

Average lap times
135.215    BMW M3 E30 DTM
135.362    BMW M235i Racing
135.372    McLaren MP4-12C

Was thinking more either one make or same class for all like dtm, gt2, gr3 so all cars have an equal chance. Similar performing cars but not too different in how they get their lap times. The current tuesday night league wouldnt be much good for revers grids as the faster laptime cars would really struggle to get past most of the other cars.

If race one ends up as usual with the hotlap type session with everyone at their pace then this would set a full revers grid for race 2. Even have race one as a shorter race as these tend to stretch out and get a little boring over longer distances. In a reverse grid race more laps will help and even from 11th or 12th 15 laps wasnt enough to get too far up as the standard is quite strong through this field. In many public server races starting 24th is quite likely to win over 5 laps and most of the time you dont need more then a few passes as most take themselves out. I really enjoyed that most passes had to be earned and having a fairly basic race car probably added to this.

Something like the Alfa GTA would likely also make another great one make class but even the cobras would be good for some reverse grid racing.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:02:42 PM by marty »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2015, 04:03:46 PM »
Are there going to be any race results for this series or even just an stracker link maybe?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2015, 06:27:04 PM »
Are there going to be any race results for this series or even just an stracker link maybe?

http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=899.0
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2015, 07:07:03 PM »
wrt the points, the only potentially problem I see is that multiple racers can easily have the same score right to the end.  It does not take much.
But hey, let's try it :)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2015, 07:27:05 PM »
wrt the points, the only potentially problem I see is that multiple racers can easily have the same score right to the end.  It does not take much.
But hey, let's try it :)
Agree. I was thinking having people finish on the same score wouldn't really matter that much. If we can encourage racing like last night then the fast guys will feel free to drop to the back of the grid and try and battle back to the front.

Wally, is there a way of telling start position in a race. I think your league app does analyse this so I will look into that. We could then allocate points based on start position versus finish position?

Don't want to complicate it though.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2015, 07:28:54 PM »
Marty Marty Marty,

Just cause you won the race!!  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2015, 08:52:35 PM »
Wally, is there a way of telling start position in a race. I think your league app does analyse this so I will look into that. We could then allocate points based on start position versus finish position?

Only via the qualifying results. If we don't have qualifying, you can't tell the start position, as far as I know.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2015, 11:28:31 PM »
I like the tiered points system.  I think it makes the night more about plain fun and not trying to win a second season as well as the Tuesday night one.  Great idea Gratulin.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2015, 02:33:56 AM »
IIRC if you set the entry ini in the order you want to set the grid and remove practice and qual from the server ini it will go to race in that order.
But not easy between races ☺
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:35:59 AM by Flattop in Las Vegas »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2015, 03:01:13 AM »
Great idea Gratulin, your system is a balance between FUN and challenge. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 03:03:56 AM by Flattop in Las Vegas »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal