Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 4 Round 3 - Gentrack1 - Race Chat

Author Topic: Season 4 Round 3 - Gentrack1 - Race Chat  (Read 33811 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Season 4 Round 3 - Gentrack1 - Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 06:26:05 PM »
Also, SERVER IS UP!!!

**** 15 LAPS ****

**** Server Name = AUS XGN Thursday FunRun www.xgn.com.au ****

**** Track download http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=853.0 ****

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2015, 07:57:27 PM »
Got a forfeit at tennis so will be there, I dont know if I have the track installed so hope the rd download isnt going to take forever as Im still 15 min from home.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2015, 10:15:23 PM »
OK, we'll see you soon.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 10:24:16 PM »

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2015, 10:26:56 PM »
Got a forfeit at tennis so will be there, I dont know if I have the track installed so hope the rd download isnt going to take forever as Im still 15 min from home.

Hope you can make it time.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 10:35:18 PM »
I notice the results are up... I hope they are only provisional.

I have at least 5 protests still in the hands of race officials.  :P

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 12:12:35 AM »

Yea take major points of you in race one for hitting me, then maybe give you back a few more for every other race that may have been slight contact that was only 99% your fault on all other occasions. Pretty sure the one where you cut straight across the track into my path was uncalled for. It may have happened a little differently as I was slightly concussed after the repeated incidents with your car.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 07:33:19 AM »
The reverse grid races were fun. Sorry about squeezing you off the track in one of them Guybrush, when I moved to the right after catching up to someone. I should have seen in Helicorsa that you were there.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 08:28:03 AM »
Another top night with the Beemers!! Race 2 was a most excellent race, great finish with GB n Grubbet!! Race 3 was going to be excellent till I shuffled in front of Grubbet (sorry dooode!) and we got a nasty little lag spike that killed us both...  >:(
Gotta love the tight racing in these beasties!!!  ;D

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 08:51:24 AM »
I had a fun night.. except for the racing.
no really was great to be back with you mob. Even if Marty doesn't play fair.

Big grats to Grubbers! I'm wondering how the pressure was??
  I didn't even last a lap ( Race 3 or 4) when I was leading everyone around. I choked and hit that damn bus stop wall.

Had a few laps with Dave-o Then there was this bloody big white BMW parked across the start finish line. Seemed out of place, quite sure it wasn't meant to be there. Had nowhere to go, forced to hit it. Hard.

Yea take major points of you in race one for hitting me, then maybe give you back a few more for every other race that may have been slight contact that was only 99% your fault on all other occasions. Pretty sure the one where you cut straight across the track into my path was uncalled for. It may have happened a little differently as I was slightly concussed after the repeated incidents with your car.

This is not how the report went in to race officials. 100% of blame is on your sholders Marty! can't be on mine as they are both dislocated.
 I certainly do not recall 'cutting across the track' This might have been when I was unconscious and burning to death strapped into my seat and the car was still coming to rest.

I do recall, more than once, your car parked. handbrake on. In the middle of the racing line. I even recall you trying to do a three point turn to get around the hairpin.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2015, 08:51:31 AM »
This was AWESOME!

Great night, great fun.  Sorry everyone for shunting you guys, I need to learn to curb my enthusiasm somehow.  Those rear-ends are just stupid.
At least helicorsa helps with the side ones now.   Btw Wally you squeezed me out of the track into T1 as well.  Check your spotters! :)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2015, 09:15:16 AM »
Has to be one of our best combos for fun racing yet. The Beemers are built to be easy to race - so balanced and easy one-the-limit control. Gentrack1 is a work of art - not just the track layout but the quality of the build makes it a pleasure to race on.

Here's the overall lap time statistics for the Beemer at Gentrack1 - Lapstats

I noticed that most people were running ptracker which is indicated by a 'Yes' in the 'Valid' column.

Those who run ptracker and want to get sector times to show you need to run at least one lap in single player mode for the car track combo. This is a bug in AC not ptracker.

It would be great to see sector times for the top 5 guys - Guybrush, Bird, Stan, Wally and Marty - to see where that 1s is gained between Marty and GB!! I basically lose the same amount in each sector to the lead guys so no quick fixes for me to gain time  >:(

And thanks to Guybrush for sharing his setup via ptracker. I know that he was risking ALL by giving Bird access to that setup so the sacrifice was appreciated. Setup didn't help me at all however  8)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:24:07 AM by Gratulin »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2015, 09:27:42 AM »
Great results for race 2, a close finish for Guy, Grubbet and Stan Dam! Nice work boys...
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2015, 09:38:11 AM »
Great results for race 2, a close finish for Guy, Grubbet and Stan Dam! Nice work boys...

Mr Flattop. I can't help but notice you are on-line. All be it in some strange land. You could easily be racing with us. Just use your keyboard. That's what I use most of the time.

Offline eazycompany

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2015, 09:56:54 AM »
That was great fun, I found myself racing between packs most races which is probably for the best, I am still finding my feet among traffic. Very happy with my 5th place finish in race one without any incidents to racers around me during the start.

After having guy put shit on me on TS without the ability to reply, I couldn't take it anymore so I bought the iPhone app so now I can defend myself.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal