Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 3: Monza Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 3: Monza Race Chat  (Read 98692 times)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Round 3: Monza Race Chat
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2014, 04:39:24 PM »
I don't think the argument that I can simple mute TS is valid, most of the time TS is funny, worth listening to and during races important information is conveyed, normally this information needs to be conveyed quickly. It doesn't in my opinion make much sense to leave TS because a few people want to have a conversation, I would argue the majority only spoke when saying sorry for causing an accident and other relevant information.
+1

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2014, 04:52:51 PM »
My night in bullet point:

Qualified very well, for both races (by my standards)
Chased Glen, in both races
Couldn't catch him, in both races
The end.

Well done Glen for the wins and BJ for not letting me concentrate fully out the windscreen.
I've struggled with consistency in AC, so I'm very pleased to have found some. ;)
 8)

Re: Teamspeak:
I used to struggle with all the chatter when I first started here (mainly Bird :P) but apparently I've worked out how to tune out, I don't remember any conversations during the races! :o ???
I'd still prefer to see it used in moderation during races though, so others (with race important info) can get their message across (which may avoid some carnage). ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2014, 05:01:36 PM »

I think no-one was really put out either way. I call for a group hug and lets move on. It is a bit of a non issue anyway, as I think everyone is pretty quite during the race. I sure don't notice it.

But you could all shut up while I'm still trying to bring it home.. 2 laps down.....  :P

JOKES!! Ok

PS the Bird Marty gave me was far more offensive than you Bird!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2014, 05:37:24 PM »

PS the Bird Marty gave me was far more offensive than you Bird!

I did press the complain gesture button but didnt think it worked in these cars yet, you can pretty much just assume the finger is up if I am ever alongside lapping you anyway Dick.  :)

Online imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2014, 05:54:09 PM »
It's really nice racing in such a large grid and Assetto's beta multiplayer code is pretty good for a beta I reckon.
My performance was a bit better last night, although I'm struggling with the braking a bit.
I did some googling for G25 setup Tips, and found a post suggesting setting the brake between
20% and 80%. Standard is 0-100. Hopefully that will help the oversensitive braking.

Between rfactor 2 and Assetto I would say Assetto is better in the graphics department. Assetto's menu system and
the setup screens and apps is pretty ordinary at the moment. Yes it functions but it's like something out of the early
2000's in its look. The audio has a long way to go too, but I did read that its being completely rewritten.

Rfactor 2 is better where Assetto is bad and vice versa.

Not a whinge as its well and truly beta at the moment, but I am looking forward to each improvement.   

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2014, 06:31:47 PM »
What I miss from rF2 is live track, drying line, that kind of thing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2014, 06:43:11 PM »
Sorry guys but I was sick and I still am, :-X plus I left those soft tyres on and after 5 laps they were shot.....retired.....,see you next week

Good win Glen!!!!!

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2014, 07:13:43 PM »
Sorry guys but I was sick and I still am, :-X plus I left those soft tyres on and after 5 laps they were shot.....retired.....,see you next week

Good win Glen!!!!!

Thanks Simone!
What I miss from rF2 is live track, drying line, that kind of thing.

Yer I wish Assetto had this with the weather added in as well, then it would be the perfect sim.

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2014, 08:22:53 PM »
Firstly, I am a big chatterer in TS.   I will tone it down. (love to hear Dave O's  strangled screams when he stuffs up though)
Secondly, I apologise for my appalling driving in R2. I put Marty's grpA setup into my DTM. Didn't work
I am generally a fair driver, but last night i ran out of talent and wrecked a few guys.... very sorry
I will improve i promise

Offline BJSRacer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2014, 10:13:10 PM »
  • Qual'd ok, started poorly, swamped on start, to many laps making my way back, couldn't match consistency of Glenn and Bacchulum, well done guy's, good nights racing.

:P

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2014, 10:51:36 AM »
race 2 last lap I got him there on a pass I should put up to see if it was a fair pass or not.

I had a run on him and noticed he was very loose on entry not wanting to lift at exit so I could get by I was going to go inside as he was slower but then saw his front rear go loose to to the right side. Then I decided to go right but he straightened as I was beside and I had to run outside the line to avoid contact but still took the position as I saw it as I had no choice with no room left outside him but will post a replay and would be interested to see how others see such a pass.

I doubt it's an issue..... I had a slight wobble coming out of the chicane and you had the run past as a result!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal