Xtreme Gaming Network

Personal testing for Season 3 at Silverstone International

Author Topic: Personal testing for Season 3 at Silverstone International  (Read 32420 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Personal testing for Season 3 at Silverstone International
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2014, 01:12:22 PM »
As Marty said, it's not just about levelling the field, it's also about making it more interesting and yet keep it challenging for everyone.

Now, the allocation method is really a levelling tool - and a strong one at that, which leaves a lot up to luck. 
Eg if you get a slow but extremely nimble car, then you're either a winner at a twisty track or a complete loser at Monza.   

I'm partial to the car-buy system not because I've created it, but because it allows an element of strategy as well.  You can plan on the cars' strengths and weaknesses. 

On the other hand; what to use as a base?  Race pos, champ pos, or fastest lap?  An average or the last one?

If you go by champ position, it levels out the championship completely, regardless of consistency.   If you go by fastest laps, it's a levelling heavily weighted by consistency, IMO; an inconsistent but fast chap (eg me or Marty without praccy) will likely get a pretty slow car, usually.  Which might be a good idea...but I'm not sure.  We certainly haven't tried that, ever before :)

All in all the car-buy system is what I prefer.  Those who haven't heard of it, here's a short rundown:

- You get some cash at the end of each race, the lower you finish, the more money you get. 
- Each car has a set price. 
- You 'buy' the car for the round, and race. 
- Any cash you didn't spend keeps pooling, so you can save up for a better car later.  (anyone can have their "moment") :)

So this is a championship levelling tool, and a bit of a planning tool as well. 

Edit:
although, this is but a temporary thing anyway, hopefully, until we get the ballast, which is really the best thing.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:20:43 PM by Bird »

G0RGAK

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2014, 06:53:19 PM »
Trial server is down?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2014, 07:04:22 PM »
Trial server is down?
Yes, that's over now. Now its back up as the league practice server.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2014, 05:38:28 PM »
Trial server is down?
Yes, that's over now. Now its back up as the league practice server.

Ah bummer... had some quiet time this arvo before the misso came home  :P

Might then finish off the Abarth champ thing on RSR... have 2 more tracks to finish...   ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2014, 05:48:07 PM »
Over the weekend I may put these cars up on my server hopefully at Silverstone to see how they compare against eachother on a bigger track where top speed may show have a big effect and produce bigger gaps between the cars. I think Spa and Monza would have similar results though the more nimble cars could still be much quicker in the middle sector of Spa compared to the start and end of the lap.

At Silverstone international it produced some great racing and as long as the aliens didnt take the quicker cars it was possible to beat some people driving an Elise.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2014, 11:09:07 PM »
18.7 for me Wally offline (server not up)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal