Xtreme Gaming Network

ACC News

Author Topic: ACC News  (Read 123361 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: ACC News
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2018, 07:06:02 PM »
How is the latest update to ACC?  A Lot of the Youtube guys I watch - eg Gamer Muscle - don't seem to be very hot on the handling compared to AC...

Hopefully it's not something to do with the new engine.
It's subjective, of course. I like it. It feels less slippery and the grip feels more progressive.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
ACC News
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2019, 07:11:07 AM »
ACC 0.5 cancels multiplayer update.

Looks like ACC is going the same way as AC - the “A-team” spends endless time squeezing the last 1% of improvement from the physics while rest of development languishes.

PS. I’m reminded of the E39 BMW 5 series where BMW did not believe drivers should have cup holders and therefore gave the job of designing them to some trainee engineer. Needless to say they were totally useless and broke repeatedly.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 07:14:40 AM by Gratulin »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2019, 07:34:51 AM »
*Ahem*, it's not like that. The point of early access is to try, get feedback, learn, fix and rewrite if you have to.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2019, 04:03:29 PM »
Interesting insight from Aris into the grip of rain tyres and how they're simulated in ACC.

You "feel" more grip because the rain tyres have wider slipangles, everything happens "slower", with "wider" margins and with more time to react.
Monza is a particular track, the slow corners are... quite slow and racing rain tyres have big amounts of grip, even in the rain. So in those slow corners you have lots of grip to deal with.
What catches out always in the rain is the high speed. At high speed, the standing water can cause aquaplaning and this is dangerous. That's why you feel such difficulties at the straights and curva grande. Also consider that Monza has good draining asphalt, this keeps puddles to form even at heavy rain.

ACC does not simulate rain as a simple lower grip surface. ACC actually simulates the rain film over the asphalt. The tyres, depending on their tread, wear, load, temperature and many other factors, can successfully drain the water out and thus giving good grip, or... not. In that situation the grip goes away VERY fast. That's the difficulty of rain driving. It's unpredictable and snappy. If you had just "lower grip" then you would be accustomed and able to form muscle memory... but that's not the case in ACC.

The rain setup is always very safe. To be faster you need to use less TC, but you arrive at a point that it is dangerous or slower... you need to go out of your comfort zone to start catching the AI.
Furthermore, rain in ACC induces rolling resistance and aero resistance. You top speed, especially at a circuit like Monza, in heavy rain conditions, can be 10 to 15 kmh less on par of aero setup. So this means that you arrive at your braking point with much less top speed, thus the not so long braking distance. The best thing a driver has in rain conditions in a GT3 ABS equipped car is... braking.

Finally, I have all the respect for any driver that will give feedback for our sim and Jan Seyffarth is entitled to his unbiased opinion that I listen and see if I can improve, but I also have GT3 drivers that I met and talked with them and with their engineers in almost all the GT3 races like Raffaele Marciello, David Perel, Alex Frassinetti, Romain Monti, and many more that keep driving ACC and telling us that the rain simulation is something never experienced before in a racing simulation. We will try to improve even more.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2019, 09:55:23 AM »
Launch on 29/05/2019:

Does anyone know if ACC will have proper triple screen support?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
ACC News
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2019, 01:38:20 PM »
They haven't said yes and they haven't said no. UE4 doesn’t support it natively.

EDIT: Typo mistake. Meant to say DOESN’T SUPPORT. Aaahhh!!!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 06:46:01 PM by Gratulin »

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2019, 06:39:07 PM »
They haven't said yes and they haven't said no. UE4 does support it natively.
Cheers mate. Googled for it and went through a long AC thread where it was discussed. Strange that Kunos is not commenting on this. Maybe they were hoping to get around this assuming the majority changes over to VR. I won't touch it without it anyway.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2019, 06:47:59 PM »
They haven't said yes and they haven't said no. UE4 does support it natively.
Cheers mate. Googled for it and went through a long AC thread where it was discussed. Strange that Kunos is not commenting on this. Maybe they were hoping to get around this assuming the majority changes over to VR. I won't touch it without it anyway.
Kunos have made a statement early on. Basically they don’t want to commit to something they are not sure can be done.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2019, 06:48:24 PM »
Version 4.22 of the engine was released recently with the following mentioned about nDisplay which sounds promising

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2019, 08:08:23 PM »
If nDisplay is as mature as this page makes out https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Rendering/nDisplay
then it should be in the game within a week, shouldn't it. >:(
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2019, 09:34:37 PM »
When I first read about nDisplay it had a note at the top saying it was an experimental feature not recommended for production, but seems it may have come along some since then.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2019, 07:42:46 AM »
I am playing ACC on triples currently. While it's not perfect, it's in no way a deal breaker for me.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2019, 01:40:18 PM »
I am playing ACC on triples currently. While it's not perfect, it's in no way a deal breaker for me.

+1 same here, much better than a single monitor.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2019, 05:12:59 PM »
is it possible to sell games from steam ?  I am so mad at myself for giving kunos money for this
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2019, 06:13:19 PM »
is it possible to sell games from steam ?  I am so mad at myself for giving kunos money for this

Lol for all  the hours of entertainment AC has given us a small donations is probably in order  ;D

But give it time, hopefully it will get better. For myself, I do not think it is an improvement on AC but have not tested it after the latest updates

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal