Xtreme Gaming Network

S36R4 - Helsinki Thunder

Author Topic: S36R4 - Helsinki Thunder  (Read 8341 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S36R4 - Helsinki Thunder
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2021, 10:45:26 PM »
Results are up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2021, 08:06:19 AM »
Pretty cool track but really tough in the mid field. I had a shocking round, firstly thrown off by the dodgy qualifying round and then missing the start of the second race, it was good fun battling though. I was really cooking the rear tyres trying to make passes and when I had some clear track trying to get the fastest lap. R2 I was on a potential 28 but with the cooked tyres I started bouncing off the walls lol. Thanks for the restart and the fun battles, sorry if I was a bit forceful in some moves. Thanks guys.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2021, 09:23:07 AM »
My first race was a shocker - I started off OK but then looped it exiting the hairpin, nose against the wall, had to reverse then spun again turning the car around. I spun a second time somewhere else, giving away an easy position, and hit too many walls.

In the second race, I dropped the rear ride height a bit and took it a bit easier, and had a much better result of 3rd.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2021, 11:24:57 AM »
Based on the lap times in practice I didn't expect to be on pole twice...wonder what's going on there with Dietmar and Bueller.
As I've said, I got lost at the start...saw that gap on the right and braked early...until I figured I'm wrong there.
So I was on P3 watching Dietmar overtaking Mael at a spot where I would have thought, there's no way to make a pass there.
Cheers Mael for letting me pass there too...generous move. I would have loved to honour it by actually giving Dietmar a bit of a battle, but he's too fast for me. I managed keeping him in sight, but no way to even think about overtaking.
Had some great side-by-side action with Dietmar at the start of R2 and managed to stay in front, but, man, this guy was right behind me and soon passed me at the same spot where he passed Mael in R1...couldn't believe it...and he pretty much just drove away from me.
My left rear tyre was overheating all the time and towards the end of the races all of them were pretty much completely f'd...R2 was really bad...terrible last lap bouncing off the walls.
Well, I thought this would become a bit of a wrecking fest, but I was wrong...very tidy racing.
Cheers

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2021, 03:46:42 PM »
I only managed one race, but scored more points than the entire season so far......... :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Alphonso_Timmins

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2021, 10:14:58 PM »
I enjoyed Helsinki more than I was expecting. I tend not to have the best luck at street circuits, especially ones as bumpy as this one, but the lower damage did allow me to channel my inner pinball as I was being tossed around the walls on R1. It got to the point where I had a cracked windshield for half the race and needed a GPS to help me locate the apex! All the while I could see Killa making up ground which gave me motivation to get on with the job. There wasn't much in it at the end.

R2 I just somehow found a rhythm that I wasn't expecting to. Something just clicked and I managed to nail my braking points, which was a stark change to Estoril where Bueller and Kills were beating me up big time. That gave me the confidence to make a move on Killa on the outside after I had a good run on him on that tricky left hander. After that it was relatively smooth sailing and I set a mid 28 which I was happy with, and it was relatively kind on tyres which helped.

Now there's a 3 way duel for the lead. Exciting stuff, it's been really nice racing with you all!

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2021, 01:20:43 PM »
Race 1 - beaten up mercilessly by Alfas.... drove the wheels off the thing to finish 6th. Great battle with DaveO.

Race 2 - beaten up mercilessly by Alfas.... had a track drama then a RL drama while running last so had to exit with a lap to go.

Change of approach required.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2021, 08:51:14 AM »
Change of approach required.

Switch to an alfa?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal